Chapter 3 – I Don’t Mind if it is You
1.5k 2 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3 - 

Mm? What’s that? A group of five people carrying weapons on their backs are coming this way. Could it be that they are going inside the adventurer’s guild? If so then, I think I found a way on how to sneak inside.

While they're coming in my way, I pretended like I'm waiting for someone so they won't get suspicious. I look in some direction from time to time and make a face like I'm annoyed to make acting a little bit more convincing.

When they were already close, I noticed they were all young, maybe around the same age as me in my last life? It is much better because I can blend in with them more.

Imagined, a group of old and bearded adventurers came inside the adventurer's guild with a delicate and beautiful girl like me.

Hiii!

I am getting chills just by thinking about that.

Soon, after they passed me, I joined them silently in the rear and stayed some distance for at least half a meter away from them when they were just about to open the door and enter.

Bang!

When the door opened, and they entered, I waited for at least two seconds just on time before the door closed, and I entered silently without making any noise.

Even though some adventurers still notice me from entering the guild, it is not that many compared to the adventurers in my front that I used as a shield.

I didn't gather a lot of attention, and after some time, those people who looked at me when I entered are now gone. I found a place in the corner where there are not a lot of adventurers talking. 

I saw posters that were attached to some bulletin boards and walls everywhere. I tried to approach and read it.

Yup, I can't read any of them.

Even though I can speak their language just fine, It looks like I still need to learn how to write. If I want to live the life I want in this world, I need at least a proper amount of knowledge.

But I'll think about that later because right now, I'm already tired and hungry at the same time. I sat down in the corners of the guild and put my head down in my arms.

I don't know how much time has already passed, but it looks like I fell asleep. From time to time, I keep waking up from the sound of the door being opened and closed.

I remembered the time when I went on vacation and rode a bus for a whole night. That time, I couldn't sleep much, and I keep waking up every hour.

It has the same vibe, and if you add the hunger that I'm feeling right now, I can't really sleep in my current situation. I looked at my surroundings, and I feel some gazes are directed to me from time to time.

Now that I think about it, it's my first time here. Maybe some of them noticed it and were curious about me.

Sigh

Give me a break.

I should go and take another nap and find some food later.

"He...llo"

Mm?

Did I hear something?

No, probably, it is my imagination.

"ay?"

"You.'

"re o?"

Because of the noise from the surroundings, my consciousness started to get back. I realized there really someone who is calling me. But because I just woke up from the noise, it made me annoyed. And so, my mood got better out of me.

"You're so noisy! Didn't you see that I'm sleepi—"

As I opened my eyes and going to look at the person who disturbed my slumber, I saw a girl in my front. Her face was closed to mine. There's only one word that I think about how to describe her.

Cute!

She's too cute!

In my entire life, I haven't seen a girl this cute yet. Even when I still in Japan. Soon the girl realized that her face was closed to mine, and then she back off a little with her face being red.

Badump!

My heart started to beat a little bit faster! Is this a kind of torture?! Do I swing that way?! No No No... Probably not. Let's apologize to her for my raising my voice first.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say it in that way."

"I-it's okay. It is my fault in the first place for waking you without permission." The girl smile.

"What can I help you then?" 

"Do you want to go to my room?"

...

....

.....

"Eh?"

"Eh? A...a...ah. It's not what you think! I just saw you here sleeping alone, so I thought you don't have a place to stay." She said while swaying her hands in an unknown pattern in her front with her red face. 

Of course, it is the case, Nagi.  Just what are you thinking earlier, you lewd woman! A-ha-ha-ha. Is it me, or it's getting hot here? I took a glance at her again.

Yup, there's no question. She's really cute! I-is this what they called love at first sight! Now that I remember, I have never fallen for a man before. Don't tell me I'm a....lily?

No, I refuse to accept that. I feel bad for her, but I should turn her offer. I really want to accept her kindness, but I need to be careful. This world is different from mine, and probably the laws too.

Even that Goddess said that this world is different from Earth. There is probably something like human trafficking, slaves, and other things that I still don’t know.

I don’t know if maybe she’s one of them, or maybe I’m just getting paranoid here? After all, such a girl with an angelic face can’t be bad people!

Thanks to my knowledge from watching some anime and reading novels, I will not be easily swayed by that.

"I'm sorry, but I don't want to be an inconvenience to you." I smile back at her to say that I'm okay.

"Right. You can't trust someone you just met. I'm sorry for bothering you."

Eh. What's with that sad smile?! Even when she's sad, she's still cute! Isn't that illegal! How can I say no after seeing that!

"Um. Wait, if it's okay with you then, please help me.”

If it is her, I don’t mind being swindled.

59