Chapter 5 – Let’s Start with the Food First
1.1k 7 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While I am in my deep slumber, little by little, the sunlight started to crawl to my feet.  Feeling the warm sensation of it while gently warming my body feels good, but after reaching my face, I started to open my eyes while feeling irritated.

Even when my eyes were closed, the sunlight was so strong that it managed to reach me from the depth of my slumber.  There was no other choice but to wake up, and it was the start of another day.

I woke up in the same bed, and when I tried to look at my side, Sylphie was not there anymore. After getting up, I went to the window that slightly opened.

So you are the one who disturbed my sleep. Before closing it, I look outside from the window, and everyone is already busy doing their things.

It is still early, you know? Everyone works very eagerly.

Sigh

Seeing everyone working so early, returning to bed now will make me feel like I'm the lazy one. Nothing can be done about it. It is already a week since I came to this town, and my life is going well without much problem.

You could say that I'm getting used to living in this world. That day, I told Sylphie everything that happened to me.

Of course, I manipulated some of the stories about me, like the fact that I came from another world. Even If I tell her that, I doubt she will believe me that easily.

I told her that I wake up out of nowhere and find myself in an unknown place and after walking for a whole day, I accidentally found this town. 

After that, I also told her that I didn't remember everything besides my name. And when I was about to part my way to her, she asked me what and where will I do next.

So I said that I don't know yet. It is when she suggested to me that I should stay with her for few more days until I get back some of my memories.

I feel bad deceiving her like this, but I will repay her kindness when the time comes. Sylphie and I became friends after that, and we have gotten much closer to each other.

Because of that, the plan to get me a room to stay in the next few days where canceled. Sylphie said that we can stay in one room because we became comfortable with each other, so it doesn't bother her.

And so, I didn't object anymore. Now that I think about it, It's like we're a married couple, and I get to see Sylhpie wearing her nightgown too.

Ehehehe.

"Just remembering her cute sleeping face, those soft breaths that I felt when she's sleeping and her soft and developed che—"

W-w-what I am just thinking right now?!  Without realizing it, I accidentally put forced in closing the window as my face and ears became hot from just thinking about it.

I immediately removed my nightgown and put on the new one that was bought one week ago. The clothes are made of good quality materials and were not too flashy nor too common.

Where did I get the money to buy it, you say? I didn't buy it. When I said to Sylphie that I didn't have any luggage, she insisted that we should buy some clothes and underwear and other necessary stuff for me on that day.

I'm starting to feel like I'm becoming a freeloader or something like that.

...

Wait, isn't calling myself a freeloader too much?! Definitely not!  I'm just getting started, so it cannot be helped. After fixing my myself, I started to walk towards the stair to eat some foods.

As always, the inn itself is packed.  Several long tables are already occupied, while some of the small tables are free. 

"Good morning, Nagi-san. What's your order for today?"

"Morning, Millie. Just give me some soup."

"Soup again? You sure love to eat some light meals. Well, I'll go now and take your orders."

Millie, it's not because I don't have a large appetite that I only order soup. It's because the food in this world is too plain. Even if I ordered some other dishes, the taste is still the same as usual.

It is the only time when I think that living on the earth is a truly blissful thing. It's not that the food in this inn is bad.  Honestly, the food here is much better, compared to outside.

It's just that the food here in this world is lacking in some innovations and condiments.

"Here's your order."

Millie came to my table while holding food for two people.  She was holding a tray with vegetable soup and water on her right hand, while on the left side was grilled pork and water.

"Um, Millie-san. I only ordered a soup."

"What's wrong? It's not like you're the one paying for your food."

Ugh.

The moment she said that, I felt like someone just slapped me in my face. Even though what she said was the truth, there's no need for her to say that straight right through my face.

T-this girl, is she looking for a fight?! Or not? Is she just a very straight person?

"Besides, the other meal was for me." Millie was smiling while saying that and sat at my table. "I'm getting hungry too, so let's eat together, Nagi."

Millie is the only daughter of the owner of this inn. Because I am staying here together with Sylphie, I became friends with Millie too.

"By the way, I don't see you with Sylphie-san today?"

"Ah, yes. She said that she has an important thing to do."

"I see. Then it can't be helped."

We continued to eat our food while chatting from time to time. If only the food is a bit tasty, then it is already perfect. I already decided! If no food can satisfy my hunger, then I just have to do it myself!

43