Chapter 6 – Blessings
1.1k 4 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now that we are done eating our meal, Millie started to work again at the counter, and as for me, I also started to do my own business. My goal right now was outside the town, where there is a forest near the west area.

I walked out of the town easily without doing anything. The guards didn't even try to stop me or search my stuff for safety purposes, and honestly, I feel like they are too lax in their security.

Now, I'm starting to doubt the security of the town. I can imagine some criminals or robbers getting in and out in the town easily, well, not that I care much.

Luckily, the forest can be reached by walking for at least fifteen minutes. Before going to the forest, I gathered some information first to make sure that the forest is safe.

Of course, If I learned that the forest is dangerous, then I will not continue going there, and I will look for some other places. Luckily, from the information that I gathered, the forest didn't have any monsters because the adventurers always exterminate any monster that is seen there to avoid the monsters from making their nest there and multiply.

I started to walk at once without thinking too much because that place is the only one where I can not be disturbed by others. A few days ago, after learning that magic exists in this world, I asked Sylphie about magic and if I can use it too.

From what Sylphie said, magic is commonly divided into four attributes. They are fire, water, wind, and earth. Together with the two rare attributes, which are light and dark, magic has a total of six attributes.

One can freely control and use the power of the attributes that are compatible with them. And the next day, when I was appraised for what magic attributes I am compatible with, I was very excited.

I was thinking about what attributes I have. Could it be that I have the rare attributes of light or dark? Or could it be that I can use all types of magic?

Well, it was what naturally happened to the protagonist I read from novels or manga, so I was expecting maybe I'm similar to them. Even if not, I'm still happy to have only attributes as long as I can use magic.

But unexpectedly, it didn't go the way I imagined. Forget about wishing that I have rare magic or I can use all of them because when I was appraised, the result was that I'm not compatible with any magic attributes.

I was depressed for two days about the fact that I can't use magic for the rest of my life. I mean, what's the point of getting reincarnated in another world without magic?

At that time, I remembered the skill holder that Sylhpie said once before. Unlike magic, skill holders are different as they didn't need to compatible with any attributes for them to use their skills.

Sylphie said that there are no tools or methods to appraise if one is a skill holder. A skill holder can only realize and perceive their own skill in their own way.

Some of them get lucky to realize their skill while others couldn't know even the moment they died, and some were able to realize it too late when they are already too old.

That's why the number of skill holder are very rare. And now, here is a question. Why am I heading to the forest alone, where I need a place where no one can see and disturb me?

It's because I awaken by skill. I'm not that some fool that I forgot what that Goddess told me before. If I don't have the ability to wield magic, then there is only one possibility left.

After all, that Goddess said that she gave something in return. It didn't take me long enough to figure out what my skill is. If I say it myself, it's like that for you to realize your own skill, you need to have enlightenment or something similar to that.

Though I don't recall having enlightenment myself, I wonder if it is connected to me realizing and believing in myself that I have a skill or something like that?

Well, I don't care much about the details, and it's not important now. Finally, I reached the forest after some minutes of walking. I looked in my surroundings first to confirm that there are no people nearby.

Because this forest has a lot of medicinal plants, some low-rank adventurers always go here to collect those plants and sell them. Some of them also collect those to complete their job.

When you realize that you are a skill-holder, you will able to know how you're ability works without doing anything like it became a part of you.

Yup, over the past few days, I already knew what skill I have. Fortunately, Sylphie has some business today, and she will be back later afternoon, so I still have some time.

The skill that I have is called [Alchemy]. I don't know, but for whatever reason, the moment I learned about [Alchemy], I also learned everything related to it, including different recipes that are out of this world.

One example of it is how to make a potion, a medicinal substance capable of enhancing or treating the body of living creatures. It's like I suddenly became a recipe book myself.

Still, to make those things, I need the correct ingredients. Some of them are outrageous and impossible for me to obtain like a dragon's heart.

Hey! Are you telling me to go and fight a dragon to get the ingredients?! No way! Never in my life that I going to fight a dragon by myself! From the knowledge that I obtained, there is one type of potion that doesn't require any ingredients besides mana.

And that's what will I'm going to test this time.

43