Chapter 7 – Alchemy
868 6 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yup, among the different types of potions that I learned, there is one that doesn't require any other ingredients other than mana. [Shooting Star Potion], a potion that can increase the overall movement speed.

Wait... wait... what's with that cool name? It's making the potions some sort of a legendary item! After some minutes, I started to get serious. The looked in my eyes changed as I took a deep breath.

Now, let's start creating potions!

Create!

Shooting Star Potion!

Super Alchemy!

...

....

.....

A-re-re.

I tried to chant some words and made some posed, and yet nothing happened. It's weird. Why can't I make it? It said that it only needs mana.

Don't tell me I don't have mana?! Now that I think about it, I don't have any magic attributes too.  Is it because I don't have mana at all? But I got a skill, so there's no way that that was the case.

Did I really even tried? No, let's think about it in another way. When I tried to make a potion earlier, I didn't sense any change or occurrence in myself.

The only explanation that I can think about it right now is that I failed to perceive mana. Let me try it again. This time I took a deep breath and closed my eyes to empty my mind.

And soon, I started to feel something. I don't know how to describe it other than it's some kind of formless energy flowing inside my body.

I-is this mana? I tried to concentrate and tell my mind to create a potion, but it was hard. Every time I tried to use my mana, it is starting to flow randomly in my body in different places.

It's like trying to catch a lot of fish in a really big aquarium using bare hands where the fishes are the mana, and the aquarium is the body. How should I suppose to use my mana when I can't even gather it.

Gather?

Now that I think about it, if I can't gather them, then could I lead them in one point? I tried to lift my right hand and closed my eyes.  This time, instead of gathering the mana inside my body, I concentrate and focus it on my right hand.

Unlike before, where my mana flows randomly, this time, the mana started to gather in one place, and then a potion appeared in the air in my hand where I focused my mana.

I grabbed the potion before it could fall to the ground. 

After creating the potion, I felt that some portion of the mana inside my body decreased. Upon looking at the potion that I created, what I saw was a vial in a shape of a diamond, except that the lower tip of it is flat while the upper point is where you opened it.

Strangely, in the vial, there is some engraved small artistic design of star that likes falling in the land while the inside was the liquid that is color red.

So this is the potion that can increase the movement speed of someone who drinks this? To make sure that it was not a fluke that I managed to create something like this, I tried to make another one.

This time, I succeeded in creating the potion again but much faster compared to earlier. Because I don't have any bags with me right now and my clothes don't have any pockets too, I decided to put the potions that I newly created down beside the tree while I opened the other one.

I thought that the potion smells like some bitter medicine or medicinal herb, and yet it didn't give any smell when I opened it.

Is this safe?

...Probably?

I mean, I'm the one who created this, and I didn't put any poison on it. Well, I will find out after drinking it.

Gulp... Gulp... Gulp

Bleh!

It's bitter! And I thought it didn't have a taste because it doesn't have a smell! After drinking the potion, I tried to run a little bit when my vision suddenly gets blurry, and before I could notice it, I was already far away by a few meters from my position. But before I could stop, there was already a tree in my front and so.

Thud!

The next moment, I was already lying on the ground after getting bumped on the tree. Next time I used this potion, I should probably consider some adjustments. 

Ouch... Ouch... It hurts... I hope my back didn't break. My sacrifice wasn't in vain, as it seems like the potion is working just fine. At least now, I have a way to defend myself rather than being powerless. 

In this new life, I don't believe that I'm the protagonist of this world, and that is why I will use anything at my disposal to live the life I want. Now let's get up and start doing some more tests.

The time passed while I'm familiarizing my body and adjusting my movements with the potion, and before I knew it, the sun will going to set soon.

This is it for me, time to go back, or else Sylphie will be worried when she came back and see me that I'm gone for too long. Moreover, I'm already done with the experiments.

From the information that I gathered, the shooting star potion only lasts for thirty minutes but I'm not sure about the other potions. Because I can only create one potion for now, my knowledge is still lacking.

Not only that, but I also realized over time that everything time I drank a potion, there is a drawback to it after the effects wear off. After the effect of the first potion I drank earlier wore off, I became tired suddenly.

Probably, the amount of speed that I can exert after taking the potion is the maximum speed my body can handle. The consequence seems reasonable as it breaks and temporarily pushed the limit of how fast humans can be.

After all, one cannot gain power by not doing any sacrifices.

39