TFA1 2.13 – Threats at The Gates
102 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

TFA1 2.13 - Threat at The Gates

Apartment 0390, Apartment Blok G2

16:20, 1 April 2025

Corporal Stuart looked into huge soup pot on the stove before taking a deep breath. "Again, our dinner today is diesel soup with white bread and bacon."

Private Able shrugged his shoulders before tucking a large quantity of sautéed onions into the simmering soup. "We can't waste soup leftover from breakfast and lunch."

"I know," Corporal Stuart replied briefly.  

Diesel soup was an accumulation of soup leftover from previous meals, which was warmed and added with water, spices, and some new ingredients. Within a few days, the soup accumulation would release oil with a color like diesel. So veterans would call it diesel soup.

"Well, stove-cooked hot food is much better than MRE," Corporal Stuart muttered before walking into a corner of the room and watching the activity on the streets.

After Tuscan Region's authority declared martial law a few days ago, almost every room in the apartment block, especially those facing at intersection and on the 2nd floor and above, had been converted into machine gun nests complete with shooters and grenadiers. Various barricades were also built to herd the invaders who made it into the city, directly to the machine gun crews who would cut them down.

TF Amethyst was trying its best to prevent the battle from entering the city, but it did not mean preparations for the worst were not held in advance. Simulations by using the breaching at city walls as the scenario were also carried out, as real as possible by involving Magwurt City's residents.

Some of evacuation drills to the emergency shelters were also held without prior notification. In the first practice the result was chaotic, but starting from the second drill the residents began to understand what they had to do when warning alarm rang.

The storage in each emergency shelter was also filled with dry food, MRE, pickles and sweets packed in glass, canned food, and medicines. Multi-fuel generators were also placed at every emergency shelter, along with a large amount of fuel.

Simulations when the electricity supply from solar power plants was cut off were also practiced, especially by medic squads who would operate the medic room. Meanwhile, training in providing first aid, operating field radios, and car driving were provided to Tuscan Guard's personnel.

In short, all efforts that could be made to prepare for the worst were done by TF Amethyst, with assistance from Magwurt City's authority.

Even so, Magwurt City's residents did not get the impression that they were in a state of martial law. Apart from various simulations they had been carried out, the activities in Magwurt City were as usual as any other day. There was also no shortage of food, something that usually occurred when martial law was implemented.

Private Naam, one of a dozen Tuscan Guard deployed to Corporal Stuart's machine gun squad, was busy cleaning PERC 889, the squad-level radio he was responsible for, when a notification came in. Without delay he turned on the speaker.

[Miwa Control to all units, be advised, cavalry elements from Northern Coalition just established a blockade, 5 km on the four cardinal directions of Magwurt City.]

“…”

[I say again, cavalry elements from Northern Coalition have just established a blockade, 5 km on the four cardinal directions of Magwurt City.]

“…”

[All units be ready, versus contact may break at any time, Miwa Control over and out.]

Corporal Stuart looked at his men and Tuscan Guard’s personnel in the room before speaking, "You heard it. No more alcohol, juju weed, or other rubbish. From this very moment, we are in full military discipline."

 "" "" Sir! "" ""

All personnel in the room answered calmly but steadily.

--- 

Hangar A2, Harley Quinn MOA

17:00, 1 April 2025

Since two days ago, 19 units C-130J Super Hercules had been neatly parked in front of Hangar A2. Within each Hercules tactical loads were neatly arranged, consisting of:

 28 logistics pallets

 8 units LAV Mortar

 8 units LAV Shorad

 1 unit LAV Command

 1 unit LAV Recovery

 1 unit LAV Logistic

Next to the hangar door, 87 members of Task Force Passer sat and chatting. Meanwhile, inside the hangar Major Jansen and two Lieutenants were busy rereading Fort Cambia's assault plans.

When Vex entered the hangar, Major Jansen immediately asked him, "Sir, do we have the green?"

"Yes, within an hour main element from Northern Coalition will reach Magwurt City. Their cavalry elements have even started to block the highway around the city."

"Understood."

Major Jansen smiled cheerfully, then signaling his men to start the departure procedure. Without delay, TF Passer personnel approached the long table where weapons, equipment, and parachutes were neatly arranged. With the assistance from Logistic & Support Group personnel, they then put their equipment and parachutes on. After that, officers and NCO conducted a final check.

At the same time the flight crew warm-up the engine of each Hercules, while the ground crew carries out final checks. Before long, every Loadmaster gave a signal that their Hercules was ready to board. TF Passer personnel then walked into their designated Hercules casually.

Vex accompanied Major Jansen who walked last, and just before Major Jansen boarded his Hercules, he stretched out his hand. "Major, good luck and always remember the doctrine of personnel over equipment."

"Sir!" Major Jansen tightly gripped Vex's hand before boarding his Hercules.

Major Jansen fully understood the message that Vex wanted to convey. Latest aerial reconnaissance showed him that around 8,000 defenders were staying at Fort Cambia. Meanwhile, TF Passer was only able to carry a limited amount of ammunition. Therefore, if it was impossible to continue the operation, he must immediately break-contact and rush to the extraction point where Osprey from FOC South 860 would pick him and his men up.

Before long, the Hercules moved toward the runway one by one, and then took a take-off run before climbing to the sky and flew to the south a full speed.

--- 

West Wall of Magwurt City

20:00, 1 April 2025

General Khartoum looked coldly at the giant encampment several kilometers before him. The Northern Coalition had deliberately placed their main force on the west of Magwurt City, while the other three sides were guarded by a small number of light cavalry. Their intention to lure out Tuscan Guard was clear, but General Khartoum ignored it.

Maine Rattel who was standing beside General Khartoum took a deep breath before saying, "We should have followed your advice. We obeyed TF Amethyst too much. As a result, we were surrounded by over 100,000 opposing force."

"No." A faint smile spread across General Khartoum's lips. "We made the right decision by following TF Amethyst's plan."

Maine Rattel immediately turned to General Khartoum, and looked at the old general with a questioning look. Previously, General Khartoum had proposed a small but repetitive assault to slow down Northern Coalition’s advance and cut their numbers. However, TF Amethyst rejected this proposal.

Of course General Khartoum didn't just give up. However, one night he secretly left with Lt. Colonel Slane, and after that his stance changed completely. Now, General Khartoum wholeheartedly supported every TF Amethyst’s step, even though these steps could not be accepted by common sense.

"Khartoum my friend, it is still not too late to raise Tuscan Guard's morale by attacking the light cavalry blocking the eastern route. Our cavalry can make a blitz to wipe them out before returning to the city."

"Maine, it's an ideal plan if we were fighting alone, but it's ridiculous when we were fighting side by side with TF Amethyst."

"I hope your change of attitude wasn't because they were threatening you secretly."

"Well, they don't have to do something stupid like that." General Khartoum then turned his gaze towards Maine Rattel before asking. "What about you? Why did you cancel your protest to Amethyst Merchant?"

"Kukh!" Maine Rattel's face changed drastically, as if she were forced to drink a mouthful of vinegar.

Initially, she wanted to protest that 18% share was too small for Tuscan Region's deposit. She also wanted to file a complaint, because Amethyst Merchant gave her the position of chief advisor but they never asked for her advice. She was only asked to sit down every time a meeting was held. But then, slowly but surely her attitude changed.

"Well, in short I now realize there are many things that I need to learn. The annual salary they give me is also higher than the annual salary I received when Tuscan Region’s prosperity is in its peak.” Maine Rattel took a deep breath before continuing, "However, for the operation against Northern Coalition, if they make a wrong step then Tuscan Region will be destroyed."

"Don't worry about it."

General Khartoum smiled as he saw how TF Amethyst personnel were calmly manning the city walls, while Tuscan Guard personnel who were accompanying them were a little nervous.

"Maine, soon you will realize that the primitive monkeys who invade us, made a fatal mistake by concentrating their strength in one location when facing TF Amethyst."

As a smile full of a confident formed on General Khartoum's lips, the question mark on Maine Rattel's face thickened. She could not understand why General Khartoum was very confident even after witnessing the huge numbers of opposing force in front of their nose.

*****

2