TFA1 3.11 – Evacuation
80 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

TFA1 3.11 - Evacuation

After sending an emergency message, killing the operator of crystal communicator, and burning all communication records, Goran held a meeting with his main aide. He tapped his fingers on the table, while in front of him Captain Riek and Chief Sinoda sat nervously.

"So, we have lost all secondary storage rooms and the intruder has arrived in front of special tunnels?" Goran asked in gloomy tone.

Captain Riek immediately replied, "The intruder may have also arrived at the main gate on the surface. But to destroy the blocking wall, it will take them at least three months."

"What about our supplies?"

Chief Sinoda opened his record book before replying, “If we don't need to feed the slave workers, we will have enough food and water for 9-10 months.”

Goran nodded in satisfaction before saying, "Reinforcements have been organized. However, the delivery will take some time as it has to be done quietly.

Also, right now only the three of us have the password to operate crystal communicator. So, just a reminder, don't ever think to betray our lord or your family will have to suffer the consequences. If the worst scenario happens, you know what you had to do."

""Understood.""

Captain Riek and Chief Shinoda answered in unison. At the same time, a centurion entered the room.

"Ser Goran, the intruder had just penetrated the blocking wall on east special tunnel." 

'So fast.' In an instant Goran's heart stopped beating, but only for a moment before he got his focus back. "Send out all the guards and do whatever it takes to contain them."

--- 

Clank-lank-lank-lank.  .  .  .

As soon as the iron frame was cut and torn down, East Raider’s personnel immediately secured the intersection connected to the gold mine center. Carbide Lamps were lit in every corner and a defensive perimeter was established.

Then, Sergeant Adams brought Emil in.  "Emil, it’s time to enlighten us."

Without delay Emil explained, "The corridor on the left leads to the mine. The corridor in the middle leads to barracks and access to top floor. The corridor on the right leads to slave hall."

"Okay, now leave your two colleagues here to greet slave workers that may be coming from above. As for the rest, you can take them to look for slave workers in the mines, or calm those in slave hall."

A question mark appeared on Emil's forehead. "You're not planning on combing up?"

Sergeant Adams casually replied, "Nope, as the first team to enter, our job is to lure and distract the guards."

After looking at the corridor leading to the pitch black and silent mine, Emil immediately concluded. "It seems they had stopped the mining operations. I'll go to slave hall right away."

Sergeant Adams nodded. "Until we secure the entire mine, paramedics can’t enter. We also have no idea what kind of last resort the guards will throw on us. So, you should evacuate the slave workers to exit point."

"Understood."

After appointing two people to accompany Sergeant Adams, Emil then brought his other colleagues to slave hall, and along the long corridor they put carbide lamps to replace oil lamps that only numbered one digit.

--- 

This afternoon, not long after hundreds of slave workers were sent to move the gold in the secondary storage room, the rest of the slave workers were locked up in the slave hall.

Usually, the slave hall was only occupied by one-fourth of the slave workers while the rest worked in the mines. Therefore, the slave hall which normally was already crowded, now becomes twice as crowded and there wasn't even a place to lie down.

Some of the slave workers had even fainted, because for hours they had to stand in an unbearably crowded space. What's more, there was no sign that the guards would distribute the dinner.

Slowly but surely slave workers' hearts began to fret. Now, they even miss the opening sound of the slave hall door, which they used to hate so much because it marked the start of inhumane forced labor. Some slave workers even began to swear they were willing to do anything as long as they could get out of the crowded slave hall.

Then, finally, the voice that the slave workers had been waiting for was heard.

Cr-cree-creeaaaaakk.  .  .  .

With a hopeful gaze, the slave workers looked at the widely open door, but they did not see any guard. Question marks filled the slave worker's foreheads as their gaze was fixed at Emil.

One of the slave workers immediately asked, "Emil, didn't you go to the secondary storage room on the east side? Did you meet the demons in black clothes?"

Emil immediately smiled. "They're not demons but TF Amethyst’s personnel. Several guards attacked them first and now they're hunting and killing the guards."

"Are they going to kill us too?"

"No, they're going to get us out of here instead. They're also willing to share some food and water."

As soon as foods and waters was mentioned, most of slave workers' faces lit up immediately. Of course, there were some who were worried.

"Emil, are you sure they won't enslave us?"

Emil took a deep breath before replying, “To be honest, I don't know, but they treat me and slave workers who go with me very well.

Also, if you don't want to leave I won't force you. But don't ever show any hostility towards TF Amethyst’s personnel. They kill the guards with ease, as if they were stepping on ants. They are not opponents you can fight."

The slave workers in front of Emil immediately nodded like chicks pecking rice. Then, Emil's words were passed from mouth to mouth, while the ties on their wrists and feet were untied.

Not long after that, some of the slave workers were already sitting in a row in the corridor. While some carbide lamps were brought in to illuminate the slave hall.

Food and water then began to be distributed. According to the directions from the paramedics, pickle fruit and water must be distributed first to prepare the slave workers' stomachs which were likely to be very weak, followed by snacks and the main menu from MRE. 

Then, they put drink sachets in MRE into heat-resistant plastic, mixed it with water, and distributed it as desserts. Due to time constraints, the main menu and sachet drinks were served without being warmed up first. Even so, the slave workers enjoyed it heartily.

Of course, the food and water that Emil and his colleagues brought were not enough to feed the slave workers to full. Therefore, some slave workers looked at the MRE wrapper with longing, while some others tightly gripped the spoon from the MRE package or the glass of pickle fruit.

Without delay, Emil then took advantage of the situation to coax the slave workers. "TF Amethyst promised warm food, drink, and medical treatment at their campsite. But as I said, I had absolutely no idea of ​​their intentions. Therefore I won't force you to go. But for those who want to go, we'd better hurry."

To Emil's surprise, it didn't take long before some slave workers answered.

"I will go. At least they give us a decent meal."

"I'll go to."

"Me too."

"Yeah, let's leave this damn place."

In an instant, all slave workers expressed their willingness. Not long after, that they had walked and leaving behind the slave hall.

--- 

Sergeant Adams casually looked at the long line of slave workers who were passing through the special tunnel. Some of them looked back at him with worry.Some others looked hatefully at the pile of guard corpses, or surveyed the hole in the blocking wall curiously.

After gulping down a mouthful of water, Sergeant Adams turned his gaze towards Emil who was standing next to him. "Are you sure you don't want to go to our campsite immediately? You can get some hot food and a got rest there."

Emil shook his head slowly. "I'll go there when I'm done guiding your unit."

Sergeant Adams realized having a guide would make his job a lot easier. So he didn't refuse Emil's offer.

"Thanks, you really help us a lot."

"We should be the ones to thank."

Sergeant Adams and Emil then smiled at the same time.

*****

3