TFA1 4.5 – First Representative
65 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

TFA1 4.5 - First Representative

Dourk Tavern, Waluo City

08:10, 26 Jun 2025

During the last week, Dourk Tavern’s visitors had increased rapidly and kept increasing. The visitors initially captivated by Amur Beer, then became captivated by various new menus on the tavern. Since two days ago, nobles at Waluo Castle even started sending their servants to buy various new menus at Dourk Tavern.

The supply of spices and other commodities from Amethyst Merchant had made the quality and variety of menus at Dourk Tavern multiplied. For example, steaks and roasts at Dourk Tavern now were served with a dozen different sauces made based on a wide variety of wine.

Large chunks of boneless canned salmon also sold well when it was lightly grilled and served with a fruit wine sauce.

Once every three days Old Dourk would also bring in smoked meat, sausage, cheese, bacon, butter, yogurt, pasta, and bread that Amethyst Merchant produces locally in Magwurt City.

In Amstell Continent, commoner could only consume black bread. It was hard like wooden blocks. People had to thinly slice ​​if it was served without soup. Therefore, the new kind of bread that Dourk Tavern had served in an instant became favorite staple food among resident of Waluo City.

The candied fruit, perry, and cider offered by Dourk Tavern also sold well even though they were only served with ice cubes, without any additional touch.

To this moment, Old Dourk couldn’t stop his amazement every time he looked at the ice cube machine and the solar panel that powers it. These magic mechanisms turned Dourk Tavern into the only provider for ice cubes in Waluo City.

Nothing beats the allure of a cold beer when you're exhausted after a hard day's work. Therefore, the popularity of Amur Beer at Dourk Tavern had increased dramatically. Moreover, Dourk Tavern also received an additional supply of Lada Whiskey, which liked other Amethyst Merchant product, it had premium quality at affordable prices.

However, Lt. Colonel Slane gave Old Dourk an advice to impose a rule that each customer could only order alcoholic drinks for a maximum of two servings. That way only visitors who intended to fill their stomachs would visit Dourk Tavern.

Meanwhile, people who wanted to relax and chat while drinking would go to the bar. Old Dourk happily adopted the advice because Dourk Tavern's capacity was not big even though the expansion had been made. Of course, it wasn’t affecting Dourk Tavern's profits because Amur Beer and Lada Whiskey had become main menus in every bar in Waluo City.

Initially only small bars took Amur Beer from Old Dourk. However, after the middle and upper-class bars realized that they could not possibly reproduce Amur Beer anytime soon, they ended up taking Amur Beer as well, even though they were secretly still trying to reproduce it.

When Old Dourk expressed his concern over Amur Beer's plagiarism, Lt. Colonel Slane casually asked him to stay focused on Dourk Tavern and ignore everything else. Without many words, Old Dourk carried out this advice.

Ironically, Old Dourk was not aware that at this time he already had an earning equivalent of a middle-class noble who had a fertile field.

Since the beginning, Lt. Colonel Slane had predicted that Amur Beer would provide massive income, and with access to cheap spices and modern food staples, it's only a matter of time before Dourk Tavern grew into a titan in food business.

Lt. Colonel Slane looked at every corner of Dourk Tavern which was being prepared by Old Dourk's wife and daughters before speaking, "As long as you don't enter the spices market that had been monopolize by nobles, I'm sure you'll be fine."

"Don't worry. I'm not stupid enough to draw their attention."

Lt. Colonel Slane nodded in satisfaction before asking, "What about Sturk?"

"Now he helps me with the preparations in the kitchen. So my wife is demoted to become dish washer and helps my two daughters clean the front."

Old Dourk glanced at his wife for a moment before continuing.

"But she doesn't complain because the cleaning equipment supplied by Amethyst Merchant makes her job much easier."

Lt. Colonel Slane slightly smiled as he was holding out two clocks in front of Old Dourk, who in an instant became dumbfounded.

As a cook who had lived in Waluo Castle, Old Dourk understood the concept of time. He also knew that the only clock in Waluo Castle had a size of two wardrobes with the price of a medium-sized field. As for clocks that were slightly smaller, the price would be two or three times higher.

Meanwhile, the two clocks on Lt. Colonel Slane’s hand were only 30x30 cm in size. It also had elegant shapes and colors, and logo of 'Amethyst Merchant' was written in the middle.

While staring at the dumbfounded Old Dourk, Lt. Colonel Slane said, "A small gift from Amethyst Merchant. One for the kitchen and another one for the shop."

"It's no small gift. I can't accept it."

"Don’t hesitate. This is Amethyst Merchant's way of appreciating business associates." Lt. Colonel Slane smiled before continuing, "I will return to Magwurt City. If you need to talk to me, come to Joker Trading Post, the personnel over there will put you in touch with me."

Old Dourk took a deep breath before saying, "You have a kind heart, may the gods who live in heaven always be with you."

Lt. Colonel Slane realized the gods that Old Dourk meant were just figments, but he did not reject Old Dourk's good intentions.

"I pray they'll be with you too, and thank you for the breakfast."

Lt. Colonel Slane and the group from Magwurt City then left Dourk Tavern. As they reached the city gates, Captain Rumus could no longer hold back the restlessness in his heart.

"Ser Slane, I'm sorry if I'm presumptuous, but I think Amethyst Merchant deserves a bigger partner."

"Captain, don't worry too much about it. Our mission in Waluo City has been accomplished well."

Lt. Colonel Slane goal was a promotion, not finding big partners, and the promotions through Dourk Tavern gave him a very positive result. Waluo City residents did not have negative sentiment towards Amur Beer, Lada Whiskey, or other product supplied by Amethyst Merchant.

Lt. Colonel Slane didn't even need to ward off the negative rumors from Northern Coaliton’s merchants. This was a great success for him.

Of course, it wasn't because the residents of Waluo City trusted Amethyst Merchant's products, but because they believed in Old Dourk who had a good heart, and would never harm his customers no matter how much profit Amethyst Merchant offered to him.

With a cheerful heart, Lt. Colonel Slane then left Waluo City.

*****

2