Chapter 402: The Gate (End of volume5)
499 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

50+ chapters in advance on Patreon

As I channeled my cosmic mana into the now-awakening teleportation gate, the consequences of this newfound connection rippled outward, reverberating through the very foundation of the island beneath us. Its disconcerting tremors prompted solemn, shared glances among the elders, aware of the immense and precarious power we were meddling with. Celestine, however, was of a different disposition, her enchanting fascination mirroring the genuine awe of witnessing this cosmic phenomenon unfold.

Grandmother's demeanor, in stark contrast, exuded vigilance. Her frown deepened as she inched closer, scrutinizing our surroundings, ready to respond to any unforeseen threats. Her seemingly diminutive Dragon form belied the commanding aura she wielded, an immovable sentinel.

My concentration remained steadfast, an unwavering resolve to ensure that I maintained control over the unruly cosmic mana I was feeding into the gate. The elemental forces, as capricious as ever, presented a unique challenge, but my increasing mastery over them helped mitigate their unpredictability.

Heeding a refusal to risk complications, I bellowed, and my transformation began. My once-Dragon form expanded exponentially, sprouting additional heads from my shoulders. As this grand transformation unfolded, my connection to the cosmic energies seemed to synchronize harmoniously with the metamorphosis. It was as if this change was the key to unlocking the elusive understanding of cosmic mana.

The island, meanwhile, succumbed to increasingly violent tremors. Vast portions of rocks plummeted into the abyss of clouds beneath us, indicating the impending dissolution of this precarious refuge. In response to the turmoil, Celestine sprang into action. The awakening of her earth mana manifested in an impressive display, as she deftly balanced the collapsing island by creating rocks where debris had fallen, all while maintaining the careful control of her elemental prowess.

"Don't stop now, dear," Celestine chimed in, her grin reflecting an unfazed, confident demeanor as she observed the orchestration of the awakening gate.

The elders observed these extraordinary events with a growing apprehension. Their expressions betrayed their uncertainty as the dormant teleportation gate radiated a brilliant kaleidoscope of colors, a beacon that intensified until it compelled me to close my eyes momentarily. But my unwavering flow of cosmic mana persisted.

The gate's insatiable appetite for this mystic energy proved inexhaustible, no matter how much I channeled into it. As the bonds of cosmic mana coursed between me and the gate, the link solidifying, it became apparent that the cosmic wellspring of energy was bottomless, ceaselessly demanding more.

During this intriguing phenomenon, Grandmother drew nearer, her eyes locked on the slowly awakening portal. Her furtive glances strayed to Celestine and the elders, her vigilance evident in her every movement.

However, in a sudden, unexpected moment, the cosmic mana connection was abruptly severed, plunging the world into a transient silence. As a shocking wave of force emanated from the gate, it expelled all of us backward. Grandmother, already prepared, maintained her poise and steadied herself, ensuring I did not get swept away by the force.

Then, amidst this startling turn of events, a hushed stillness hung in the air. It was Celestine who, breaking the silence, offered her perspective as she gazed upon the gate with an unadulterated sense of awe. "It's beautiful..." she murmured, her fascination undeniably evident in her voice and expression.

My eyes subconsciously glanced at the gate, now standing in full glory. The portal was activated. A light blue gate stood before our eyes, reverberating with power and the aura of cosmic mana.

"I did it?" I muttered hesitantly, a sigh of relief escaped my mouth as I reverted back to my normal form. The heads disappeared and my size grew slightly smaller.

"Grandma, I did it!" I turned toward Grandmother who had her eyes on Celestine and the elders.

The golden earth Dragoness seemed fascinated by the gate and slowly approached it before she stopped a few meters away. Her eyes turned to me and Grandma before she spoke: "Now dear, would you do the honor?"

Grandmother jumped in front of me, an icy stare in her eyes, "Bug off, Celestine. He's not going first, if you are that fascinated with it, jump in yourself."

Celestine chuckled lightly while shaking her head, "It was obviously a joke, how could I allow our precious cutie to be endangered like that," she said before giving me a suggestive wink.

Grandmother was not amused, and she remained standing in front of me with a cold expression on her face. Celestine pretended like she didn't care much, her eyes turned to the elders, who all simultaneously glanced at the water Dragoness.

She lightly shook her head with a sigh, before she made her way toward the gate with a defeated expression. I watched as she walked with hesitation. Her eyes glancing at the elders, Celestine, and finally me.

Once she reached the gate, she paused for a second before finally taking that last step. The gate shivered lightly but otherwise remained unchanged as the Dragoness disappeared.

Seconds passed with nothing happening, 'What were we even waiting for?' I wondered.

Just as I was thinking that, the gate shimmered slightly, as cosmic mana gathered around it. Was she teleporting back?

Red, that's what I saw before something flew toward the center in front of the gate. It took me a second to realize that what I was looking at was a head— the decapitated head of the water Dragoness.

The ground around the entrance was dyed red, as another limb flew through the teleportation gate, landing not so far from me and grandma. It was her lower half.

I could feel the mood freezing as everyone turned to look at the gate in shock. Grandmother stiffened but remained standing firm in front of me.

"CELESTINE! HOW DARE YOU!?" Grandmother suddenly cried out.

The last remaining golden dragon elder was suddenly ambushed by the two fire dragons, each holding him from a side and forcefully tore his body in half. I watched in disbelief as the elder died without a chance to retaliate.

Celestine had the same playful smile on her face, as she stared at the entire ordeal. "What do you mean?" She lightly tilted her head and turned to look at us.

My heart was beating wildly in my chest, the gate was shimmering, someone, or something was coming, and the two fire dragon elders had their gazes turned our way.

'What the fuck? what the fuck? What the fuck?!' I inwardly cursed as I kept scanning my surroundings was this really happening?

"You dare turn your fangs on your own kind? Do you not fear the King's retribution?!" Grandma growled.

"The King?" Celestine lightly laughed before her eyes turned sharp, "The King is dead!"

14