Chapter 4: Siblings
15.2k 28 404
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'The dragons are bound by their duty and code, they merely see the world of men as a tale of greed. They uphold their ancient pact and take away the false treasures in the hope that the mortals will learn once again to treasure creation and one another.' —The book of Gods

************

As I just finished dealing with Golden boy, Blacky seemed to have regained consciousness. A soft groan escaped his mouth as he struggled to get himself up. 

I turned my attention back towards him and glared. A low growl revibrated throughout the cave causing him to take a few steps back, his head this time lowered in submission. 

Seeing as how he seemed to have no intention of continuing the fight, I quickly turned my gaze to the last eggs just in time to catch another Dragon hatching. 

This time it was a female white Dragon, she struggled out of the crust before hungrily devouring it in pure joy. I silently watched my new little sister as she finished eating, Blacky's fighting spirit was once again ignited as he glanced at her eager to make a move, his eyes however kept darting in my direction as he seemed to hesitate. 

My new little sister seemed to be roughly around the same size as Blacky, the duo looked almost like twins, the only difference between them however was the color of their scales, with one being a pure unblemished white, the other an obsidian black.

After White finished her meal, her gaze turned in our direction first staring at Blacky who almost jumped out to initiate a fight, before she arrogantly averted her stare and walked towards me. 

From her haughty demeanor, White seemed to not put Blacky in her eyes at all. I watched the entire scene play out in amusement as Blacky's whole body shook with visible anger at being ignored. 

Although they had just hatched, it seems that my little siblings had a considerable amount of intelligence. Well, maybe one is slightly lacking, I thought as I glanced back at the muscle head Golden boy who was still unconscious on the ground before reverting my attention to White. 

She slowly approached me, my guard remained up as she came closer and closer, I did not feel any animosity from her which put me at ease yet I still have to be careful, two of my stupid siblings already tried to kill me. 

As soon as she arrived, White stared straight at me with her scarlet eyes. Somehow, I could feel her intention? It was a strange feeling, akin to communicating with emotions rather than with words. 

And as White stood in front of me, I could only feel good intentions oozing from her body. She then slowly moved even closer and rubbed her head at my side affectionately before laying down on the ground next to me. 

I was momentarily baffled and did not know how to react as I glanced at my new little sister who already had her eyes closed. 'Well, at least one of them is nice.' I thought, my mood turning better. 

'Only one egg left.' I slowly settled down next to White who leaned her head at my side and continued sleeping without any care in the world. 

Blacky seemed infuriated as he kept pacing left and right, his snake-like eyes staring daggers at White. 'Interesting. He doesn't seem to hold any grudge against me even though I blinded him from one eye.'  

Golden boy suddenly began to stir before he opened his eyes with a groan, he peered around the cave with a hazy look as if he was not yet fully conscious, once his gaze fell on White, however, he instantly shot to his legs with baffling grace. 

'What the f*ck?' I watched in surprise as Golden boy practically flew towards White who remained unconcerned, the muscle brain was surprisingly not interested in fighting as he kept circling White in curiosity never daring to step too close. 

'Did I hit him a bit too hard?' I thought as I looked at the stupid expression he had on his face, his tongue was hanging from his mouth as looked at our little sister in curiosity. 

As if sensing the disturbance, White's eyelid trembled before opening, she then lazily glanced at Golden boy who was still jumping around like an idiot before she haughtily averted her gaze.   

'One muscle brain, one disrespectful brat, and now another one with an attitude. Dragons sure are weird.' I thought to myself. 

While Golden boy was making a fool out of himself trying to get White's attention, Black was silently gnashing his sharp teeth in annoyance as he stared daggers at her. 

It was then that the final green egg stirred causing everyone's attention to turn to it. I watched in curiosity as cracks appeared on the egg's surface yet didn't completely break, our youngest seemed to be having problems coming out. 

I looked at Blacky and Golden boy who both did not seem to have any intention to do anything before I brought my gaze down towards White who was watching the green egg attentively. 

After a few futile attempts to break out, our youngest seemed to give up as all signs of movement coming out from the egg stopped. 'What happened?' I mentally frowned.

To my surprise, White who seemed indifferent to everything suddenly stood up and made her way towards the cracked green egg. I watched in interest curious to see what she would do. 

Blacky seemed to be undergoing some sort of internal struggle as he contemplated whether to attack her or not, while Golden boy surprisingly did not make any move and simply observed silently. 

As White reached the cracked egg, she slowly raised her paw and ever so gently used her claws to tear a small chunk out of it. Her help did not go unnoticed, as our still trapped youngest suddenly began to struggle to push himself or herself out of the egg. 

With a final mighty push, a small snout broke free followed by a claw and then a leg, at last our youngest gave a final thrust that sent him plummeting out of the egg. 

It was a female, her body was the smallest out of all of us. She only had one small horn growing out of her forehead, her features looked rather cute than ferocious. 

Her main distinct aspect was the pair of green wings at her back. They were huge! Easily bigger than all of ours, yet they somehow appeared to mismatch her small cute stature. 

Green then eagerly thrust her face down the egg and began to feast. Moments later, nothing was left, she then sheepishly turned to glance at White with her head lowered as she stepped closer towards her. 

White surprisingly didn't mind her presence and even affectionately licked her face before she turned around and made her a way back to my side. Seeing that Green hastily followed after her still not completely used to her own body as she wobbled along the way. 

'Looks like our youngest is a shy one.' I thought with to myself with a smile. 

Which of the siblings are currently your favorite
  • Blacky Votes: 188 10.7%
  • Golden boy Votes: 173 9.8%
  • White Votes: 705 40.0%
  • Maybe Green? Votes: 698 39.6%
Total voters: 1764
404