Chapter 22: Mom is scary
11.7k 14 384
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Special thanks to my patreons!

'A long time ago, the powerful sought the wizard hoping to pay for his magical abilities, and for a long time, help them he did, yet he felt how it disturbed the magical current to flow in such ways. And so, for the past few decades, he had dedicated his life to helping the farmers, the peasants, and the commoners, making their communities happier and safer. For since Dragons had returned to the Forbidden Continent, no King nor Queen worthy of his talents had ascended to the throne.' — ???

***************

Mother's large figure was like an arrow soaring through the sky, a suffocating pressure surrounded her as the air cracked about whenever she passed. With her rushing towards them, the duo ceased their fight.

Father's bloodlust settled while the grey-scaled Dragoness seemed to cower, flying back a few paces. Mother did not care, nor did she stop her charge, I could sense the flow of the mana change in the air as a large cloud appeared to follow behind her.

The storm seemed to cast a veil on the sun, plugging the world into an eerie grey color. The clouds that gather, a silver fade, from the strongest of grey to soft whites, held command over the skies as mother appeared.

The silver hues were as molten silver, swirling in steady and radiating ripples. My eyes shone in excitement, for I loved the grey color, and I loved in the atmosphere which was so subtly electric and alive with an excitement for what is to come.

The rain soon followed as mother passed overhead, the water drops appeared determined in a wind that moved as the current of a thousand rivers.

My scales tingled in excitement as I felt the mana dance alongside mother. Her figure continued straight towards the grey-scaled Dragoness as a wind blade shot forward ahead.

The familiar shield which protected the Dragoness’s body all along reappeared as it met with mother’s attack. As both sides clashed, their magic seemed to get nullified as both mother’s wind blade, and the defensive shield shattered.

Yet mother did not seem to care, her golden eye had a tinge of red to it as she used her tail to attack her opponent, sending her crashing towards the ground with a bang.

“Roar!” With her adversary down, mother raised her head towards the sky as the storm raged about surrounding her and unleashed a terrifying roar.

Even so, mother did not seem satisfied with only that, a wind tornado materialized from thin air, I sensed none of her energy from it, only mana. It then rushed towards the downed Dragoness giving her no time to rest. I was unable to see if the attack connected since the fight was a distance away, yet a roar full of pain confirmed my suspicions.

I could see mother’s body standing in mid-air as she coldly glanced at her opponent, the red hue still did not disappear from her eye as she took a nosedive towards her enemy.

Her wings were tucked backward boosting her speed as she reached the ground, a loud boom soon followed as a cloud of dust rose to cover the entire area, yet I did not hear any cry of pain.

‘Did she miss?’ I wondered.

Father who was watching the entire fight unfold in mid-air seemed to suddenly lose interest as he made his way back to us. His magic shield disappeared as well.

‘It’s over?’ My eyes moved from father to where mother had disappeared off to, and as if to answer my question her figure reappeared in the distance as she made her way to us.

The storm slowly faded away, as sunshine which seemed to go all the way to the soul broke through the gloomy clouds, the sort of light that makes one glow a little brighter inside.

My eyes gazed at her in awe and curiosity as she landed. Her claws had a few cracks in them and were caked in blood, yet it did not seem to be hers.

‘So she did not miss after all.’ I gulped, mother sure was scary.

She moved to stand next to father, the duo silently communicating with one another under the awe-filled gazes of their children. Blacky seemed ready to throw himself to the ground in worship, while White’s eyes were practically glowing in admiration.

Green had her head peaked out in curiosity, but I was still able to sense her fear as she glanced at mother. Golden boy was...’Wait! What the hell is that idiot trying to do!?’

The stupid muscle brain had his head lowered with his horns pointing at mother, his body was ready to pounce. Mom did not seem to notice, or perhaps she simply did not care, yet that did not stop the idiot as he made a bull charge towards her.

‘Well, he’s dead.’

Not looking back, mother gracefully flicked her tail sending him flying backward headfirst to the ground as she continued her conversation with father. I glanced at his still twitching body in wonder.

‘He sure is resilient, but did mother drop him as an egg for him to turn out this way.’ I shook my head. At least Green seemed to find the entire situation amusing.

After what appeared to be a rather lengthy conversation, the duo finally stopped, father’s eyes turned to glance at us one by one. Our gazes seemed to interlock for a second as his voice resounded in my ears.

‘Good luck.’ He said with a hint of amusement.

‘Good luck?’ As I was wondering about what he meant, father flapped his wings as he jumped to the sky, the wind from his takeoff was enough to push us back a few steps.

‘Oh, he’s gone.’ I inwardly mumbled.

I watched his figure disappear into the distance before I turned my gaze to mother who was looking at us with an appraising stare causing shivers to run down my spine.

A strong wind suddenly appeared as our bodies left the ground. My limbs flailed about uselessly as I tried to keep my balance, mother seemed almost amused as she watched us struggle. Well not all, Green looked to be having the time of her life as she glided through the air.

‘How the hell is she doing that?!’ I grumbled.

384