Chapter 28: Blacky vs White
11k 17 351
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Special thank you to all my patreons, we are up to 10 chapters in advanced so far! 

Also, there is now a discord server! Hope to see you guys there soon!

https://discord.gg/j23GaZw

'The prince's crown was one of the few, appointed by the Gods and the plane itself bestowed upon him. he had been born on a starlit night, amid the warmth of late summer. Some say it became part of him, that brilliant light from above and cozy feelings remaining from sunshine behind and ahead. He was put on this earth to be our light in the darkness, though to shine amid such terror was hell to him, he was perfect. I would have followed him anywhere in this world or any other, hardship or fair sailing. I must keep his flame alive when the hurricanes came, and ward off those consumed with jealous pride.' — ???

*****************

A roar suddenly rippled through the air. I raised my head to glance at the distance, Golden boy's eyes also perked up, while Green peeked from behind me. 

The roar was mother's, she was calling for us. My scales tingled as I sensed the mana in our surroundings changes. A gentle breeze passed by, as it brushed against all of us before it disappeared. 

Moments later, mother's wind magic condensed around us causing a small tornado to appear. Our bodies were raised helplessly to the sky before the wind tornado carried us back towards mother. 

This time, all of us were somehow able to maintain our balance in the air. Green still had the best control out of the bunch, yet even Golden boy with his smaller wings was able to make it. 

Soon, the giant cliff where we took our first jump appeared in the distance. Mother's figure was still standing at the peak, a strong aura seemed to surround her. 

Her one eye was closed as she seemed to be concentrating on keeping control over her massive spell. 'I don't see White or Blacky anywhere?' I thought as I glanced left and right. 

Right as we landed on the peak, mother's golden eye suddenly shot open. Her expression was somewhat serious as she gazed at the horizon. My eyes followed her line of sight, the sun was already slowly setting. 

At the edge of the cloud ahead was a brilliant white patch, akin to a turning page catching the sun. The rest was dove grey with a subtle hint of orange hue, just enough to announce the coming sunset.

'What is she looking at...the sunset?' I wondered. 

Just then, two small dots suddenly appeared in the distance, along with them familiar mana followed, allowing me to instantly recognize their figures. It was white and Blacky. 

The duo were akin to two bright stars dancing in the air. I squinted my eyes as I tried to make out their figures. 'This mana, are they fighting?' I inwardly mumbled. 

Mother did not seem to have any intention of interfering, in that case, there Is nothing I can do but watch as well. This is their fight after all, not mine. 

The duo's battle slowly edged closer to our side, their figures became clear as both hovered in the air with bloodlust soaring out of their bodies. White's usually unblemished scales were tainted red by a long claw mark to her left side. 

Blacky was no better, three small holes were open on his chest as they constantly spew blood. 'It seems like they are quite even?' It was then that a dark shadow seemed to extend out of Blacky's body and into the sky. 

The dark realm that extended from his body completely submerged his side of the battlefield. At that, White's mana suddenly soared causing her body to shine brightly making it almost impossible to make out her figure. 

As if on cue, the duo then rushed towards each other with the intention to kill. From down below, it appeared as if the sky was split into two sides, one black the other a shining white as they clashed. 

The sound of their bodies colliding alongside the shockwaves from their fight surprisingly managed to reach us forcing Green to take a couple of steps back. 

I alongside Golden boy were unconcerned, there was no need to mention mother. 'I'm sure a clash of this size is nothing but child's play in her eyes,' I thought before turning my gaze towards my siblings, their fight reaching its climax. 

'When the hell did they also learn to use magic?' I inwardly grumbled. 

Although they were fast, I was still able to keep with their movements. Blacky used his black mana to boost his strength as he coated his claws with it. White on the other hand used her light mana to increase her speed and agility while also occasionally using a few light ball attacks from the distance as she tried to keep Blacky at bay. 

Both of their mana use was still very much unrefined, even I who was a complete beginner was able to see that, yet still, their talent was terrifying. 'They are adapting at a frightening pace. Hell isn't this a little bit too fast?!' I grumbled in annoyance. 

I could see it, the longer they fought the stronger they became. Blacky was slowly getting the hang of his strengthening magic, while White was getting faster by the second. 

She suddenly seemed to almost teleport as she appeared behind Blacky, her mouth opened as a swirling white orb appeared. 'A Dragon breath from that distance is dangerous!' 

Blacky appeared to have sensed the danger from his back as he abruptly twisted his body and opened his mouth to unleash his dragon breath! I watched with a bated breath as both attacks left a trail in the sky as they rushed towards each other.  

Boom!

One was a black beam, the other a white one. Both dragon breaths clashed mid-air causing a giant explosion to suddenly occur. For a second, it appeared as if space seemed to break before it quickly mended itself. 

'What was that?' 

Neither side was able to gain the upper hand as both of them were suddenly hit by the backlash of their attacks. I could sense their mana get thrown into chaos as they fell from the sky. 

'So it ended with a draw?' I mumbled. 

Mother's used her magic to grab both sides as she prevented them from hitting the grown and gently brought them over to us. Golden boy's eyes were practically shining as they gazed at them, his fighting spirit seemed to have been ignited. 

'So they lost consciousness. Ah well, I guess it's understandable after unleashing a stupidly strong magic like that,' I thought with a smile. Looks like I can't fall behind, as their older brother!

 

351