Chapter 51: Pride
9.9k 32 325
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 Special thank you to Eduardo Garcia, kynan, and all my Patreons thanks to who we have currently reached 31 chapters and started on the second volume of the story!

and if you still haven't, don't forget to join the Discord, looking forward to seeing you there! )

Once the golden eyes which I assumed belonged to the king disappeared, the beautiful scenery of outer space with different planets also began to fade. I was left standing in front of the altar, almost reluctant to leave. 

After a few seconds, the scene disappeared completely. I turned my attention back only to be faced with everyone's shocked gazes. The pink dragoness who held a stoic expression all along had her jaw wide open as she glanced at me from the upper parts of the staircase.

The water dragoness followed by the fire dragon were both right behind her. I did not sense any animosity from the water dragoness, her eyes were full of curiosity and surprise as she stared at me, I was also able to sense a different emotion lurking begin her gaze. 

The young fire dragon on the other hand was glaring daggers at me, I assumed all of them were facing the pressure I had felt when I took my first step into the staircase, hence the reason why no one had tried to fly to the goal nor use magic. 

The young brown dragon was at last place, a few steps behind both red and blue. He seemed to be struggling the most under the pressure as his legs were visibly shaking. 

'It feels like I kind of cheated,' I inwardly mumbled, since the pressure had disappeared and Instead I was even able to sense a sort of connection to the mana. 

'Hell, who cares! As long as I made it,' I thought, a wide grin stretched on my face as I glanced down at the red dragon with head raised high. 

This only served to further anger him, yet I did not care. Instead, I very much enjoyed looking at his reaction. Just then, a sudden subtle mana rushed towards me. 

Had it been before, I would have without a doubt failed to notice it. But now, after I was bestowed my name, my body began to change. I was not completely aware of the extent of these changes, yet at the very least my mana perception was a whole realm higher. 

The pink mana moved like a snake as it made its way towards me all the while riding the stream of mana in the air, using it to its advantage and effectively hiding the attack. 

But all of that was useless since I could now see it. Like a net, I willed the water mana in the air to intercept the attack. To my surprise once it came in contact with my mana, the attack disappeared with a puff. 

It was almost disappointing how flimsy the attack was. As soon as it disappeared, I turned to glare at the pink dragoness who launched her sneak attack. Her eyes widened in surprise as she hurriedly averted her gaze under my bloodlust. 

I however was not going to let her off the hook so easily. With a swift motion, I jumped from the top of the stairs and spread my wings as I soared down like a falcon towards Pink. 

I was too fast as she had no time to react before she was already pinned to the ground under my claws. Her body was furiously shaking as I materialized countless ice sickles, all of which floated in the air while pointing at her. 

I lowered my head closer to hers with my teeth bared as I growled. 'Don't test patience!' My meaning was very clear as she hastily nodded, her eyes still shocked while looking at me. 

With a cold harrumph, I released pink and calmly made my way down the stairs. The other younglings were all staring at me in awe, even red whose eyes still burned with clear fighting intent now carried a hint of respect as he looked at me.

Once I reached the final steps, I was suddenly met with my grandfather's towering figure. I lowered my head and offered an apology since I was no sure if attacking Pink was the right move. 

'I apologize, I was a bit rash,' I said, yet I was surprised as my grandfather suddenly began to laugh joyously. 

I could sense his mana reach out to me, his control was in a realm of its own as he used it to raise my head high. 

"Why do you lower your head little one, you acted the way a dragon must! Raise your head and be proud for you did not bring shame to our family," He said in a proud tone. 

Hearing that, I was delighted as I nodded in understanding before I raised my head high. The other adults surprisingly did not seem to hold any grudge against me, I could feel their eyes studying me in curiosity with no animosity whatsoever. 

'That's actually surprising,' I inwardly mumbled, it was then that grandfather asked. 

"Say your name little one, announce it to everyone present, and be proud for you have been named by the king himself!" He spoke. 

'My name is...Aether!' I spoke and the mana seemed to listen as my voice resounded in our surroundings for the first time ever causing all eyes to once again turn to me. 

Grandfather looked proud as he nodded before he replied. "A mighty name, Aether! I am called Hadeon the destroyer!" He formally introduced himself to me for the first time making me feel contented, grandfather had acknowledged me! 

The other adult dragons all nodded before they turned their attention back to the trials, I did the same while still thinking about grandfather's name. 'Such a cool title too! The destroyer, I wonder what he did to earn that?' 

As I watched the younglings struggle to climb, Pink took a few moments to compose herself after my attack before she resumed her climb, That time however, was all blue and red needed to quickly catch up as the gap between them decreased. 

She was still leading, albeit only by a small margin. My eyes turned to Brown who seemed to be having a hard time with each step he took. 'Is he going to be okay?' I wondered.  

Their ascent continued, Pink was the first to reach the summit. I watched in curiosity as the strange cosmo mana descended once again to engulf her entire body as she disappeared, this time I was unable to make out the scenery as the mana seemed to cloak Pink inside of it. 

Moments later, she emerged out with a proud look on her face as she began her descent. Blue and Red reached the altar almost the same moment, yet it seemed like Blue was a tad faster. 

The same thing that happened with Pink occurred again as the cosmo mana swallowed her whole for a few seconds before she emerged out of it unharmed. Her eyes met mine, and I could sense her feelings as she did not attempt to hide them. 

'These feelings, she likes me?' 

 

325