Chapter 119: Problems
6.3k 10 195
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 Special thank you to Eduardo Garcia, kynan, and all my Patreons. For advanced chapters and illustrations do check the link below!

Patreons

Discord

After her sudden lecture, grandmother didn't seem to have the intention of keeping me around any longer. She glanced at me with her usual gentle smile as she sat on top of the large boulder before speaking. "Well, It's about time for you to head back little Aether," 

"I thought you said I'm not so little anymore?" I asked with a grin as I raised my head high and straightened my back. "Haha, yes, yes, not so little Aether," Chuckled grandma before adding, "It was fun having someone around after so long, don't forget to visit your grandma sometimes!" 

Nodding seriously, I answered in a sincere tone, "Of course grandma, I'll be sure to drop by often," I was serious when I said that, although her last lecture was quite harsh, I could still sense that she only had my best interest at heart, besides, grandmother was one of the only dragons that I could hold a normal conversation with without any fear of randomly being tested or attacked for no reason. 

And even though he did not spend a lot of time together, I quickly found her presence growing on me, her gentle smile, and her constant cheerful demeanor was something that I would never get enough of. It was for a short while, yet she still managed to make me feel like a part of the family, and for that I was grateful. 

I sincerely lowered my head in a deep bow. Grandmother who had transformed into her humanoid form hopped off the large boulder, her body floated lightly towards my head which now easily dwarfed her in size, she then extended her head and gently caressed my scaled forehead. 

Mana twirled around her fingers giving me a soothing feeling as I felt myself relax. "Goodbye, Aether," She suddenly said. I opened my eyes only to come across her deep unfathomable purple eyes, an unreadable expression was on her face. 

Before I could say anything, the world around me suddenly swam as I felt myself get enveloped by mana before I disappeared. By the time I opened my eyes, I was no longer standing in front of my grandmother, instead, a large floating mountain was drifting across the sky ahead of me at a leisure pace.

Glancing around in surprise, I confirmed that I had returned home. Turning my head back, I could vaguely 'see' grandmother's encouraging smile. A light chuckle escaped my mouth as I launched myself to the sky, the ground below my feet cracked forming a large crevice as I took to the skies. 

It didn't take me long before I landed before the entrance of our cave. It was then that I suddenly sensed that something was wrong, a frown made its way to my face as I raised my head to look at the sky. Essie was not there, perhaps she went somewhere else, but I doubted It since the sun was still high in the sky she would usually be up there at this time. 

Glancing at the entrance, my frown deepened, Immy was not there either, usually, she would also be lazing around here basking under the sun, my eyes glanced back at the entrance, a few drops of blood dyed the ground red. Gazing at the dark cave, my frown eased as I strode ahead. 

Inside, mother and father were both missing, yet I didn't mind too much as my attention was instead drawn to my siblings who were huddled together arguing. 

"As I said, I will go! How dare those bastards!" Growled Ynos, I momentarily paused as I caught sight of his figure, this was the first time I saw him since the rite of passage and my first thought was 'big'!

After consuming the fruit from the Tree Goddess causing me to grow larger, I believed that I was easily the biggest out of all of us siblings. Yet glancing at Ynos who was almost the same size as me, I suddenly felt cheated. 

The muscle head had also grown significantly larger, although I was still taller, he was not that far behind just a tad shorter but much more muscular with scales that looked like armor all around his body. My attention was instantly caught by a nasty gash on his tail, he was missing a few scales and seemed to be using earth mana to compensate for the loss causing a mismatched color in that area which was light brown. 

'Hmm, what's that? Even if he was injured he should still be able to regenerate his scales,' I wondered. 

"No, I said I'll do it, you just wait here and take care of her," Immy suddenly spoke her tone was extremely frosty as her killing intent ran loose. 

Sidus who was surrounded by the dark shadows of the cave replied, "Your healing capabilities are the best out of us three, with older brother gone you should stay as take care of her while I'll go handle this," He replied calmly, yet I could feel the deep rage buried beneath that calm facade. 

My heart thumped loudly in my chest as I heard their conversation, my gaze subconsciously glanced at the small figure laying on the ground in obvious pain. My siblings seemed to have sensed something as they all turned towards the entrance simultaneously, their eyes widening in surprise as they saw me. 

"O-Older brother?" muttered Sidus in uncertainty. Immy remained quiet but her widened eyes spoke of how surprised she was. Ynos on the other hand had his mouth wide open as he looked at my large figure, he seemed somewhat conflicted as he glanced back at himself, and then at me. 

Without saying anything, I swiftly made my way towards Essie who was collapsed on top of a small flat boulder. Her usual shy face was contorted in pain, her eyes were closed occasionally shuddering as a low groan escaped her mouth. 

Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I instantly called out to the water mana in my surroundings forming a bubble of water around her left-wing and abdomen. Her wing was almost completely torn off, while her abdomen had three large gashes. 'A claw wound?' I took note. 

With the help of my water magic, her wounds slowly squirmed before they began to close by themselves, after a few minutes the gashes were gone, her wing was completely restored, while her expression eased. 

"As expected of big brother," Muttered Ynos as he glanced at little Essie with a rare gentle look on his face. I didn't say anything, nor did Immy and Sidus. We remained silent until Essie's eyes slowly fluttered open. 

At first, she seemed confused, her gaze was dazed before It was replaced by one of extreme terror, causing her to shrink into a small ball using her wings to cover her face, before finally sensing something as she peeked out hesitantly. 

The moment she did, our eyes met and she revealed a pitiful expression before she jumped on top of my head with a cry. "Big brother!" Immy who was standing by my side heaved a sigh of relief before her expression turned calm as usual. 

Sidus didn't show any signs of surprise, yet I could still sense his relief, while Ynos had a goofy smile on his face as he slowly nodded. I slowly moved my palm to my head and gently patted Essie with my finger as our difference in size was now more prominent, before asking while I was barely able to reign in my bloodlust. 

"Who did this?"

 

195