Chapter 121: The plan
5.8k 6 184
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Special thank you to Eduardo Garcia, kynan, and all my Patreons. For advanced chapters and illustrations do check the link below! Since its the start of the month, now is the best time to join ))

Patreons

Discord

Hearing Essie's confirmation, and the fact that our targets were all younglings, I had a general idea about the situation at hand. Those younglings should be Ember's siblings. I didn't know If attacking them head-on was the smart thing to do, especially since they held the home advantage, not to mention the absence of an adult dragon.

Recalling how our parents were missing as well, I roughly guessed that there must be some sort of meeting or whatnot that required the adults to attend leaving us younglings behind. 'Though technically, I'm not sure I can still be considered as a youngling,' I inwardly mumbled.

With my sudden increase in size and the fact that I already finished my rite of passage, 'I should somewhat be considered a grown-up?' My thoughts wandered as we followed the less of the wind under Essie's guidance.

Immy and Sidus who were flying by side suddenly drew closer, Immy was the first one to speak.

"Brother, I'm sure you already noticed but It seems like we are heading straight to their nest," She said with a hesitant face.

Sidus continued with a serious expression, "Had it been any other time, I would have mocked her for being a coward, but she's right, no matter what I don't think It's wise to fight them there,"

Immy completely ignored the first part of what he said before adding, "I'm not concerned about the younglings, we can take care of those no problem, while you brother take care of this Ember," She said with a flash of confidence passing through her eyes before continuing, "My main concern is the adult dragon coming back suddenly only to find us wreaking havoc in his or her home,"

Nodding, Sidus added, "There's always the possibility of not only one but two adult dragons," He said in a solemn tone.

Hearing what they said, I slowly nodded. I was honestly impressed, I didn't think they'd take all of this into consideration, and was considering how I should take care of this and make them understand, so seeing them still cautious despite the rage that bubble inside, I felt strangely proud.

Glancing below me, Ynos was soaring through the sky with a bloodthirsty grin plastered on his face, a sigh escaped my mouth, 'Well at least he didn't rush ahead alone like before, so progress I guess?' I inwardly mumbled before turning to Immy and Sidus.

"Although adults are not supposed to meddle in the affairs of the younglings, It would be a different matter if we were directly attacking their lair, so our best course of action would be to lure them out of it," I spoke in confidence.

Sidus and Immy nodded in understanding as If they had long since expected my answer before asking.

"Do you have any plans on how to lure them out, brother?" Asked Sidus, while Immy listened carefully.

A chuckle escaped my mouth as I glanced downwards towards the golden dragon that didn't seem to care about anything else, "Haha, that's easy, we release Ynos," I grinned.

"R-Release...Ynos?" Immy stuttered uncharacteristically in confusion, Sidus was no better as he glanced about in surprise.

"What do you mean brother?" He asked.

"Ember is a very arrogant fellow, even back in the naming ceremony, It's like he can't stand not being the number one whenever he goes, he is strong I admit but very rash," I said while shaking my head.

Immy paused for a second before asking, "If so, why send Ynos and not you brother?"

"Heh, I'm afraid he won't show up if he knows I'm here. The last time we fought, he almost lost his life, though he could have already moved past that and might even want a rematch, I don't want to risk anything, so Ynos will lure him out of the lair,"

"The other younglings will follow after him, that's almost certain," Added Immy.

Grinning, Sidus continued, "And we take care of them all in one full swipe,"

Hearing that, I replied calmly, "I don't care about the rest, Ember is mine,"

My siblings nodded in understanding before Immy asked in a whisper, "How are we going to get Ynos to follow the plan?"

"En, he might consider It to be too cowardly, and say something along the lines of how we should just crush them head-on, no matter the place," Agreed Sidus.

I was about to reply when Essie who was quiet all this time spoke for the first time, "C-can you leave that to me?"

Smiling gently, I replied in an encouraging tone, "Sure!"

Nodding, she slowly stood up and jumped from atop my head before flying towards Ynos and settled atop his. He seemed a little surprised at her sudden appearance as he reigned in his bloodlust, and tried to appear more gentle before speaking in a somewhat awkward manner.

"Uh...Are you okay Essie?" He asked to which she nodded before replying in a cheerful tone.

"I'm better now!"

Nodding approvingly, Ynos continued, "That's good! Of course, you are not so weak that some bastard named Ember can handle you, hmph he must have used some dirty methods, otherwise, how could he even catch you in the first place, despicable, just his name is despicable enough!" He grumbled.

"Brother Ynos, you know he was named by the king, right?" Whispered Essie as her eyes darted about nervously.

Hearing that, Ynos' body shuddered as he replied, "O-Of course, It's the person that's the most despicable! How could he defile the sacred name the king gave him by fighting without honor, tsk, he brings shame to his name and does not deserve it!" He said, to which Essie chuckled brightly.

"Hehe, yes, he is very despicable brother Ynos, that's why I want to pay him back for what he did to me," She suddenly said, her tone extremely serious as she spoke causing Ynos who was about to reply to halt before he slowly nodded.

"What do you want me to do?" He asked.

"Please lure him out of his cave, and help brother Sidus and sister Immy take care of the other younglings, the sky is my domain, so it's disadvantageous for me if we fight inside," She explained to which Ynos nodded in understanding.

"It's your fight little sister, I'm only here to help you get your revenge. Don't worry, I'll get that shameless bastard out of his hole," He said reassuringly to which Essie smiled brightly before answering.

"Thank you brother Ynos!" Saying that she swiftly hopped off from on top of his head and flew towards us before settling on top of mine.

"Not bad," I muttered.

"Brother Ynos is very nice, he just doesn't know how to express himself very well," Explained Essie with a sweet smile causing me to pause in surprise.

Before I could say anything else, Immy's voice reverberated in my ears. "We arrived,"

184