Chapter 138: The human realm
5.9k 16 154
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 Special thank you to Eduardo Garcia, kynan, adam9413, Niedzwiedz1, and all my Patreons.

For up to 35 chapters in advance and illustrations do check the link below! Now is the best time to join since its the start of the month!

Patreons

Discord

It has been about a week or so since my mental breakdown, during the past few days, my parents surprisingly didn't come back yet which meant only us siblings were left behind in the floating mountain. Though it was strange, I didn't think too much of it since they could be busy fighting the Shades or patrolling the planet's borders. 

The only noteworthy thing in the past week was that Essie finally regained her courage and reverted to her cheerful self, as she once again began her flight experiments while dragging along a few unfortunate souls so they could experience the joy of flying. 

Ynos gained an uncanny attachment to his earth golems, so much that he even refrained from challenging any of us to a fight! I have to admit, it was petty strange seeing him so tame as he tried to work on his control over the golems. 

Immy was still as lazy as ever, she hardly even moved as she enjoyed spending most of her day bask in under the sun. Sidus, on the other hand, spends the days sleeping while going out during the night, what does he or where does he go? I have no idea. 

When it came to me, I once again went back to the only person I knew that held the information I needed about the human kingdoms, grandma. According to her, five countries remained after my destruction of Piya; 

The Lumia Empire which is situated in the north and hailed as the most powerful out of the five countries, It has borders with all the kingdoms except for the recently destroyed Piya kingdom, with harsh cold weather, and headstrong people, the empire has no lack of outstanding warriors that help them dominate the number one position.

Then to the east is the Zasal dynasty, with borders against the Lumia Empire and the Tinada kingdom to the south. It's considered the second most powerful nation coming a bit short of the Lumia empire. Though, unlike its counterpart, the Zasal dynasty is blessed with green planes and fertile lands. Since both nations' strengths are quite similar to one another, small-scaled battles and skirmishes are never-ending around the borders. 

Due to its lacking strength, the Tinada Kingdom in the south tries to keep itself neutral and avoids joining in on the conflict between the two nations. Bordering it to the west is the Rimor kingdom, an allied kingdom with similar strength, and further south is the late Piya kingdom. 

The final nation is situated at the far northwest of the continent, bordering both the Lumia empire and the Rimor Kingdom, the Yadour empire, a mostly vast desert country with hot climates. From what I understood, their political situation is a bit complicated, they are in a hostile state with both the Lumia and Rimor nations, and in an alliance with the Zasal dynasty. 

The reason for their war against the Rimor Kingdom is that they claim that the Breil region, originally belongs to them and that they should its the rightful owners, as for their conflict with the Lumia empire, the two countries have a history of bad blood between them, according to grandmother, a princess of the Lumia empire who was supposed to be wed to a Yadour prince ended up breaking the engagement claiming that she couldn't marry a useless prince with no battle achievements nor merits to his name. 

Hearing that, I was momentarily dumbfounded as the entire thing sounded like the plot of a cliche revenge story where the said prince will rise through the ranks gathering merits left and right all for the eventual goal of washing away his shame. 

A chuckle escaped my mouth as I found myself imagining an entire plot. I shook my head ridding myself of such thoughts, sadly for him, the prince never got a chance to work for his revenge, as not even a week after the Lumian princess broke the engagement, he was assassinated. 

This sparked a war between both nations with the Yadour side claiming that the Lumia Empire was behind the assassination. Now what most people don't know, and surprisingly grandmother for some reason does is that the assassination was an elaborate plot from the Zasal dynasty to get the Lumia empire to start another war further weakening them, as they used this to form an alliance with the Yadour empire attacking Lumia from both sides. 

This was the general situation of the human continent. Still, with the destruction of Piya; the nations came to a united ceasefire, with ambassadors working from all sides to come to an agreement against the new threat that emerged.  

Unfortunately for them, previous tensions couldn't simply be forgotten, even with a bigger problem at hand the nations were still at each other's throats. Meanwhile, the famed academy previously said to have been responsible for the death of two of our younglings closed itself from the outside world, barricading its island, almost as if they were sure I would come for them. 

The last thing to take note of is the other race's situation. The numbers of Elves and demons dwindled significantly ever since their long lost war, where the Dragon King himself intervened, this forced them to come under the rule of the humans who treated themselves as a superior race forcing the others into slavery. 

It was almost impossible to find a free demon or elf. I shook my head at that notion, I didn't particularly care about one race more than another, as my dragonic side treated all of the mortal races the same. In this era the humans were the dominant ones, but who is to say they will always remain as such. 

Back to my plan, with the negotiations and talks going nowhere, the monarchs of each nation have decided to hold a meeting on neutral ground to discuss the current situation face to face. The land that was decided on was none other than the recently destroyed Piya Kingdom. 

I was honestly quite surprised with their decision, why would they go to a place where a dragon has just flattened. According to grandmother, the decision was made by the church of the Dragon God which has just seen an explosive rise both in status and power. 

The 'church' claims that the Piya kingdom was destroyed since they angered the Dragon God, who sent his messenger (me) to warn them, still, Piya refused to repent for their sins and did not listen to reason so they ended being destroyed by said messenger, once again (me). 

This earned me the nickname of the harbinger of death. The church even began preaching that should the blue harbinger of death come calling for a kingdom, then the countdown for its destruction had already begun. 

Naturally, the monarchs of the human nations were quite unhappy about this development, but since the people had started to believe in the church praying for salvation, the influence it held skyrocketed. 

The situation was a lot more complicated, but that's the general gist of things. And if I was being honest, I couldn't say that I was unhappy with the current development of things, quite the opposite, the emergence of the Dragon God church served to facilitate most of my goals. 

'Interesting...' 

 

154