Chapter 144: First follower
4.8k 14 153
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 Special thank you to Eduardo Garcia, kynan, adam9413, Niedzwiedz1, and all my Patreons.

For up to 35 chapters in advance and illustrations do check the link below! Now is the best time to join since its the start of the month!

Patreons

Discord

I slowly and carefully attempted to send certain memories to the tiny fairy, I started with my earliest one, the day I was born in this new world, my first fight against Sidus, and then my second one against Ynos. 

I didn't stop there, I showed her my first meeting with my mother, and then with my father, I showed her my first desperate battle against the werewolf, though I omitted the parts of the shadowy realm and the dragon memories inheritance. 

I showed her the memories of my mother pushing us siblings off the large cliff, she saw it all, my first flight, my first failed landing. I showed her everything I deemed okay to be seen while leaving the parts I didn't away. 

I showed her my battles back in the human realm, the fall of the Piya kingdom, the mages, the knights, the large human army. Eventually, I showed her the memories leading to me finding her in this particular part of the forest. 

I refrained from revealing certain parts of my abilities, like my soul space, and I did not show her my memories of back in the land of the Gods, neither did I show her the memories of my naming ceremony as those directly involved the King, and I did not know if I was allowed to share them with an outsider or not, hence why I did not take any chances and refrained from doing so.  

After I finished sending over all the memories I wanted to show her, Ayona's eyes stayed in a blank state for a few minutes as she sat there staring at the void with an empty expression on her face. 'Did I break her?' I inwardly mumbled as I moved a claw and gently poked her side trying to get her to snap out of it. 

Thankfully, it did not take long before her eyes regained their clarity. At first, a confused expression overtook her face as she glanced at her surroundings in confusion before her gaze finally settled on me, a look of understanding flashed through her face as she suddenly lowered her head and kowtowed to me in respect. 

"Ayona is honored to have had the opportunity to glimpse at the memories of the great master Aether! May the great mother bear witness, I Ayona vow to follow and serve the great master Aether till the day he finds me unworthy!" She suddenly proclaimed with a proud look on her face. 

'Wait, wait, wait, isn't that a bit too fast? Just earlier you were struggling to escape from my grasp and pleasing for mercy, yet here you are vowing to follow and serve me?' I eyed her suspiciously, yet her gaze looked sincere as she stared back at me with an almost expectant look. 

'The law power still didn't quite disappear, and there seem to have been some sort of change to it,' I inwardly noted. 

The faint link that connected me to Ayona was still there, though this time something about it was different. I felt as if I had the authority over it, should I so wish it, I can simply dismiss it and completely break this whole 'sacred contract' deal. 

Or I could accept it and permanently leave a tiny link between us both that connects us to one another. Now some may call me impulsive, hell, even I knew that I was being hasty with all of this. Still, my curiosity managed to get the best of me as I accepted the sacred contract with the tiny fairy. 

The moment I did, I instantly felt the thread linking us together solidify before it began to turn completely invisible and unnoticeable. Before it disappeared, however, I didn't hesitate to send a small amount of my earth mana alongside an even smaller amount of water mana towards the little fairy. 

Earth mana moved complied without a problem, though the water element was a little reluctant, still, it also acknowledged my request and flowed towards Ayona. For a second, nothing out of the ordinary occurred, my mana flowed through the law thread and disappeared inside Ayona's body. 

Just as I was thinking that the experiment was a failure, a bright dazzling light erupted from within the tiny fairy's body forcing me to shield my eyes for a second. It did not take long before I felt a new connection establish itself within her body. 

My mana had integrated with hers, yet I was still able to influence it to a certain degree if I so wished for it. Ayona's body also underwent a significant change, firstly was her height. She was no longer as tiny as before, and instead, If I had to guess, she was now as large as an adult human? 

Her hair had a tint of dark blue to it now, while her obsidian eyes had streaks of brown within them. Her large wings on the other hand resembled a deep burnt umber color. 'Hmm, the change is mostly due to the amount of mana I released, though I'm not sure if she would have been able to handle more in the first place,' I inwardly mumbled as I waited for her to finish inspecting her body.

 

The shock and disbelief were clear in her eyes as she kept glancing at her own hands and then back at her wings. Her mouth kept opening and closing and for a second no words managed to come out. Eventually, she just gave up and simply gave me a deep bow full of respect and worship. 

'I must say though, the change in attitude is very drastic,' I chuckled before nodding back and ushering her to stand up. 

"You should be able to use water mana after my blessing correct?" I asked just to make sure. 

Hearing my question, she didn't directly reply and instead glanced at her hands for a second before closing her eyes in concentration. Her wings faintly glowed as I felt her channel the water mana through her wings and into her open palm as a small water orb appeared. 

Seeing that, her face bloomed into a smile as she turned to look back at me with a face that seemed to be asking for praise, "I did not disappoint you master Aether!" She beamed, to which I chuckled and replied with a nod. 

"Not bad, you did well," 

With that, I guess it was correct to say that I had gained my first servant and follower, a fairy. I would have been lying if I said I wasn't excited, with the law thread between us, it felt as if I had known Ayona for a very long time which helped me get used to her presence rather quickly. 

Now was that a good thing, or a bad thing, I did not know yet. Should I have not carelessly used something that involved linking myself to another being? Maybe...but it was already too late, and there was no use in crying over spoiled milk. I did what I wanted to do, I followed my heart and not someone else's decision, and for that, I was already satisfied no matter the future outcome.

153