Chapter 148: Battle
4.8k 10 145
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 Special thank you to Eduardo Garcia, kynan, adam9413, Niedzwiedz1, and all my Patreons.

For up to 30 chapters in advance and illustrations do check the link below! Now is the best time to join since its the start of the month!

Patreons

Discord

Before I could react, Ynos instantly shot towards the monster with a ferocious expression on his face. The pressure that weighed down on us did not seem to affect him as much as he soared through the sky. 

Although I wished to stop him, I was still unable to take to the skies with the aura pressing me down, and so I could only watch hopelessly as the two sides clashed. My siblings were no better as their faces twisted in nervous expressions. 

Boom! 

A loud explosion ensued as Ynos slashed his right claw at the Shade. The monster who was busy trying to break through the shield was stunned for a second as if it did not anticipate someone attacking him, it barely managed to raise one of its claws to block Ynos's attack. 

The second the two clashed, however, the Shade was instantly sent flying a distance away. "Yes! Kill the bastard brother!" A loud shout full of joy came from my side, I instantly turned my head in shock as I glanced at Immy, her usually dignified appearance was no more as she glared at the monster that was sent back before a sigh of relief escaped her mouth as she turned towards Ynos. 

As if sensing something wrong, she hesitantly turned towards us before letting out an embarrassed cough, "I apologize, I may have gotten a bit too excited," She said, instantly regaining her previous calm demeanor. 

A chuckle escaped my mouth at that sight as I felt the heavy pressure that pressed on my heart lighten. Sidus's eyes were still as wide as sausages as he looked at Immy in disbelief. Before he could say anything, an enraged roar reverberated in the sky.

My eyes narrowed as I glanced at the monster rushing back towards Ynos. Its four wings flapped wildly behind its back sending a sinister black fog into the surroundings. "That doesn't look good," I subconsciously muttered. 

Sidus nodded with a solemn expression while Immy glared at the monster, before the Shade could reach Ynos, her scales rapidly shone with a bright holy light before she sent a large beam to attack it. Her attack was extremely fast as it bore down on the monster before it could do anything. 

'As expected of a pillar of existence,' I inwardly nodded. 

The moment the two collided, the Shade let out a pained cry as its body was immediately covered with white light. Immy who was by my side began to pant heavily, the attack seemed to have drained her energy, it was already hard to move freely under the pressure, yet she had forced herself to attack. 

Ynos did not let the opportunity slip as he hurriedly rushed to meet the now 'bright' target which was still thrashing about in the sky. This time he used both of his claws to hold him in place and then bit down on one of the monster's wings tearing them of its back one after the other. 

The monster roared in pain as it tried to break free from Ynos's grasp, yet with Immy's attack still interfering with it, add to that Ynos's monstrous strength, the Shade could only struggle wildly yet was unable to break free. 

Seeing that, Sidus suddenly moved, perhaps not wanting to be outdone, his body instantly turned hazy as dark mana began to gather around him before a tiny almost imperceptible thread rushed towards the monster.   

I watched in curiosity as the thread collided with th monster's now 'glowing' body. Another pained roar exploded from the Shade as it began to flail about even more wildly. "I can provide assistance by myself, no need for you to step in," Said Immy as she shot a cold glance towards Sidus. 

"Hmph, your puny attack failed to finish it off what's the point," He immediately retorted. 

"Hah, you only caused it to grow more berserk, what would you do if that brought harm to Ynos?" She rolled her eyes. 

Seeing that the two were about to continue fighting, I stepped in to stop them, "Enough, now is not the time," After I spoke up, the two glared at each other for a second before they turned their attention back to the sky.

After Sidus's attack, Ynos's eyes flashed brightly as he forcefully tore one of the monster's arms off before opening his maw to bite its head off. As if sensing its imminent doom approaching, a wave of black fog suddenly rushed out from the monster instantly dispelling the bright spell of Immy and pushing Ynos away for a few steps. 

The monster's body then grew larger as its aura significantly rose by the second. Immy and Sidus's expressions turned heavy as they called out to me simultaneously. 

"Brother!" 

"I know!" I replied before I immediately reached out inside my soul space, the incomplete dragon statue in the middle steered as a whisp of cosmic mana rushed out from my body and into the dark sky above. 

"Kill!" I commended, my voice booming in our surroundings, as my killing intent rushed out. Whatever the Shade was about to do, it was dangerous, Immy could feel it, Sidus could feel it, and I could feel it, If I delayed any longer then Ynos would be in danger. 

 

Before anyone could react, the dark clouds in the sky suddenly parted for the first time revealing what was beyond, everyone raised their gazes upwards as expressions of shock and bewilderment took over our faces. 

High above beyond the clouds, an army of dragons fought against thousands of Shades, right in the middle of it all an enormous claw was trying to tear a hole in the sky as It forcefully tried to push itself towards our world, blocking said claw were five familiar elder dragons, although they were far, I could still make out their appearance, they were none other than the elder dragons I met when I was passing my naming ceremony, grandfather was amongst them. 

The second the clouds parted, an enormous purple pillar descended from the great beyond startling both sides, the dragons, and the shades as all eyes simultaneously turned towards us. The second the pillar collided with the monster, its entire body suddenly disappeared leaving behind a cleanly severed head. 

The shade's head seemed unable to hold itself as its body disappeared causing it to disperse leaving only its two large goat-like horns. Seeing that, my body collapsed to the ground, with all my strength leaving me, I weakly brought my gaze to the sky only to see the once chaotic battlefield turn silent for a second all gazes locked on me. 

"Ah, shit..." seeing that, I weakly cursed under my breath.

145