Chapter 5: Me a title holder?
346 8 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alpha male? Title? Is this some sick joke? You mean to tell me I only get one of those stupid titles when I’m about to turn into a zombie?

*Ding*

“Detected highly concentrated crystal liquid in the hosts body, however there are no dormant genes found in the hosts DNA, resulting in crystal formation after 5 minutes.”

Heh, I guess I really don’t have any luck or talent. What’s even worse is that I can only, even in my last moments as a human, think about how that bitch Aoi ruined my life…. No that’s not right…. She didn’t do anything wrong….. I’m just too weak to take responsibility for my own failures, I mean, it was my fault I couldn’t make any friends in Tokyo, it was my fault that my test scores dropped…. It was probably also my fault Aoi broke up with me.

Goddammit why didn’t I even try to ask her why she wanted to break up… Why did I just accept it like that…. That’s what you always do Ren, you blame others for your shortcomings and let everyone just walk all over you… Goddammit why do I only realize this now?

“If the host is done with his inner monologue, may I suggest you first open your ‘newbie starter pack’, it might be useful in this situation”

“Can’t I just reflect on my life in peace?! Why didn’t you tell me this earlier? Fine, open that starter pack. “

*DING*

“congratulations host you get one random gene insertion! Hooray!”

“Ahem, this almost seems to be a little to convenient. But whatever use the random gene insertion, quickly, I feel my neck expanding already!”

“Inserted: Genes of the red blood dragon race” – “Congratulations host! These are some excellent genes you just awakened. The red blood dragon race is rare, but also very powerful”

It looks like the swelling in my neck has reversed and I can feel a power building up inside of me. I panicked for a moment and looked around me, but it looks like the zombies already left to chase down the prey that escaped. I can feel two small protrusions growing out of my skull. My canine teeth also appear to have grown somewhat…

I touch the bumps growing out of my skull with my fingers… “YOU GAVE ME HORNS?”

“Well it’s just part of the red blood dragon DNA you awakened, it could be worse. At least you still look human.”

So can I now shoot fire balls or something? I stare at my hands and concentrate, but nothing seems to be happening.

“I’m afraid the host can’t fire any balls” – “whoa, you can hear my thoughts?” – “Yes of course, I have completely connected myself to your body, you can call me System”

“euuhh.. okay System what can my blood dragon genes do? And what are you exactly?”

“Like I said, I can hear your thoughts so it is not necessary for you to talk aloud. To answer your questions: I am an advanced alien butler-system to help you survive and lead a large colony of humans, I will systematically give you tasks and rewards if you complete them, as for your other question: in order to see your new powers you can simply say: ‘STATUS’ out loud or in your head”

“Status!”

A screen suddenly appeared before me:

Name: Ren Hitori

Title: Leader of the Pack: Alpha Male

Progress: Virgin Loser

Mutation : 0                                Physical LV: 0

Group

None

Abilities

Gene abilities: Blood Storage, Blood Talons, Blood Sense,  Blood syphon, Blood spears

Special: Rival/Mate scout, Blood crystal refinement

Stats

Sense: 11      |    Power: 6

Stamina: 4     |      Magic: 0

Defence: 5     |     Speed: 4

Items

None

Crystals

None

“Can you explain to me what all this means… wait what do you mean with ‘progress: virgin Loser’?! And what is with all of these blood related abilities? Did I turn into a vampire or something?”

“Ahem, so yeah… to start my explanation: a normal, healthy male adult has around 10 in each of his stats. B-but don’t worry about it, you can increase your stats with physical enhancers and certain mission rewards will also increase those stats.”

“Okay I get what most of them indicate, but why do I have a 0 at magic and what does ‘sense’ mean?”

“Well most people who have inherited dormant genes can also circulate mana, but since we forcefully inserted dormant blood dragon genes, whose species naturally don’t have the ability to circulate mana, into your DNA. I’m afraid your magic will always display a zero. Besides that, ‘sense’ simply means the ability to observe the world around you, as it grows, your reaction speed and your comprehension of what is happening around you will also increase.”

“Oh well, if the mighty blood dragon race didn’t need any mana, I’ll probably be fine without it. Could you also explain some of my abilities?

“Alright, ‘Blood Storage’ is a passive skill that stores excess blood that can’t be contained inside the body, in the beginning it only stores 5 liter of blood, but it will grow as you become more powerfull. ‘Blood Sense’ allows the user to feel the presence of blood in a 5 meter radius when activated. ‘Blood Talons’ and ‘Blood Spears’ are offensive abilities that deploy sharp blades made out of blood. ‘Blood Syphon’ allows the user to suck up blood from a fallen enemy with his hand, or from a living person by biting his/her neck.”

“Yeah I totally turned into a vampire right? *sigh* Whatever as long as they make me more powerful I guess. By the way, what are these special abilities?”

“Rival/Mate Scout can display the potential power of future mating partners and the current strength of rivals. Crystal refinement can gather the remaining liquid crystal from a zombie, whose crystal has already been harvested, and turn it into another crystal of the same type as the harvested one, however this process is at the cost of some of the users blood and can only be performed 5 days after the primary crystal has been harvested.”

“Sweet, this means I not only have a change to survive in this hell-world, but I can even live quite comfortably and be the leader of a large group of survivors if I want to….. The Ren family! …. No, the Ren army!…. ooeeeh the Ren Bandits!....”

13