Ch. 3 The Hunt
150 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After moping around for a bit longer I eventually come to terms with the fact that the life of burgers and fries has past. On the plus side I gained a more points to spend. So far I’m guessing I gain skill points from leveling up but as for trait points I’m not so sure yet. Anyways let’s get some skills. Right now I'm very weak but I do have something the other creatures don’t and that’s my mind. I may not be the smartest person but at the very least my intelligence should come in handy against these creatures. So for now I think I’d actually like some utility skills to help with survivability.

After looking through them for a while there seem to be some new choices after the fight. For instance, [Acrobatics – Improves maneuverability of the body] which I’m guessing might have been unlocked because of that final jump and midair slash. Hopefully this means I can influence what I unlock in the future based on my actions. Some other choices I quite like are [Dash – Increases movement speed for a short duration] and [Calm Mind – Calms the mind allowing for more rational decisions during combat]. I think for now I’m going to go with Acrobatics because it seems to be more of an all-round upgrade but Calm mind is definitely on my plan to buy list.

[Learn skill: Acrobatics]

Yes.

[Skill Acquired]

I immediately feel new found comfort with my body as I seem to feel how to move better. Almost as if the skill is ingrained in my bones I adjust my body and am glad to have made this choice. With this I should be able to avoid situations where I’m falling over myself like in the fight as well as giving me more options on how to fight back. Hopefully I find something in the trait menu to further help myself grow.

Looking through the traits I come across [ Sharpened Claws – Claws carry a sharper edge]. My claws definitely played a major role in the previous fight and I’d like them to continue doing so. This will also hopefully make up for my lacking offense right now.

[Acquire Trait: Sharpened Claws]

Yes

[Trait Acquired]

I feel my claws itch a little as they grow a little longer and upon further inspection you can see a much sharper edge to them compared to previously. Yikes that is definitely going to hurt. Going to have to make sure I don’t accidentally poke my eye out with these. Let’s check out my status before heading out again.

[Status]

 

Name : BLANK

Race: Snow Kitten

Level  : 2

HP:6

SP:6

STR : 3

AGI : 6

INT: 4

CHR : 8

 

Skills : Pounce [ LVL 2]  Bite [LVL 1] Swipe[ LVL 2] Stealth [ LVL 1] Acrobatics[ LVL 1]

Traits : Soft Fur, Predators Eyes, Sharpened Claws

 

Two of my skills have leveled up so it seems like you can level them by using it more often. If that’s the case, then I think the next job is to level up stealth as much as possible. While doing that I can also get a better understanding of the area. If I level stealth up enough It should be able to act as a safety net so that I can choose when to fight rather than any enemy deciding to come at me as they please.

So I set out of my little den and went back down the right path all the while activating stealth. By the time I reached the end it had already leveled up once so it seemed I was right in thinking that they level up through use. I circled around the connecting area all the while keeping an eye on the surrounding creatures. Once I found a spot with a decent view I crouched down and took in the area. It seems similar to a watering hole as all manner of creatures have gathered here in a strange kind of cease fire. I kept my stealth active as I observed the types of creatures walking around. There were more of the lizards that I fought earlier, centipedes and even what looked like a large snake, as I looked around I was disappointed to find no creatures that resembled myself which cemented the idea that I seem to be a unique existence here. Perhaps if I manage to find a way out of here I can find more of my kind? But even if I did would it really mean anything? 

Ahhhh, there's no point in wallowing in self pity it's time to look to the future. This is my life now and I'll be damned if I don't become the best Kitten out there. And it looks like some kind soul has volunteered itself for the betterment of my future. I slowly lift myself up and quietly move over to where a lone centipede has separated from the group. 

I head to a tunnel that the centipede is headed towards and prepare an ambush. Its a simple plan but one I'm confident in nonetheless, and there's no way I'm going to be the one to break the peace treaty so I'll have to wait for it to enter the tunnel before I pounce. 

3,2,1 Jump. I lunge at my unsuspecting prey but moments before my attack lands the centipede notices me and attempts to move out of the way. My attack lands but because it noticed me it managed to avoid a fatal hit and now has a chance to fight back. Our eyes meet as the enraged centipede reals back and hisses at me. I carefully look for an opportunity to attack but the centipede spits out poison towards me and I'm forced to act. I dodge the first shot but it keeps spitting out more shots so I have to keep moving. I move in as I dodge shot after shot silently grateful for the acrobatics skill which is the only reason I can move my body well enough to survive this fight. A shot skims past me as I lunge towards the centipedes midsection claws swinging and the attack connects. A long gash across the creatures torso makes it screech in pain. I go for a second swipe hoping to get a fatal attack all the while the creature shrieks as it writhes in pain. Thankfully these creatures don't seem too skilled and I'm able to finish it off fairly easily. A sense of pride fills me as I've now made a successful hunt of my own volition but not for long as I've clearly forgotten the creatures screeching and the fact that it had a group that it had left behind.

While I was relishing my victory a cacophony of noise can be heard approaching me and as I turn my head to towards the peace zone I can see the rest of the centipedes group charging towards the tunnel. I realized that while the creature was screeching it may have been calling for reinforcements much to my dismay. Now as a swarm of centipedes rushed towards me I was left with one thought...run.

6