Ch. 4 The Price of Pride
154 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And so I ran. Ran like my life depended on it. I don't know why I got arrogant, just because I have my memories of my time as a human I thought I was better than them. Thought that I was a protagonist and that the world would just roll over and let me power up? Laughable really.. Right now I'm just a kitten with a slightly better start, but everyone here is fighting for their lives so why would a lone kitten pose a threat. Obviously they've all dealt with stronger foes or they would've been wiped out by now, survival of the fittest and all that. Ahhhh this really isn't the time to berate myself, for now lets get out of here, I don't know how long this tunnel is and the swarm does not seem to be stopping so what do I do..

Am I really going to die here? So soon? No if I cant fight them I'll just keep running. Even if they catch up I at least won't give up. Maybe if I'm lucky I can find a cave similar to my den and hide. I scan the tunnel while running but I'm start to run out of stamina, I'd already fought the centipede and now I've been running ever since. I didn't even get a level from that. My breaths are starting to get ragged but I see an opening at the end of the tunnel, hopefully there's something that can help me get out of this alive. As we get closer I see a connecting tunnel but once I'm at the end of this path I skid to a stop and see a large drop between the exit of this tunnel and the entrance to the next one... I must be crazy. I do a quick backstep into a full sprint forwards and then leap with all my might. I've bet my all on this jump and even if I make it I'm practically out of energy anyways. My leap alongside my momentum pulls me towards the other side and I manage to latch onto the ledge with my claws preventing me from dropping. I'm slightly winded from the collapse into the wall but fortunately my sharpened claws are coming in handy as they seem to be performing a similar job to an ice pick in mountain climbing. With my claws stuck onto the ledge I pull myself up and collapse in exhaustion before looking to the other side. 

The swarm rushes through the tunnel but doesn't seem to realize that there's a drop due to their rage at their companions death. Several centipedes fall of the edge before the remainder of the swarm is able to stop themselves. 

[Level up]

[Level up]

My eyes widen in shock as I realize what this means. I've just gotten experience from leading them to their deaths. The remainder of the swarm stares at me furiously as they squirm amongst one another unable to enact vengeance on me. Both sides seem to have reached an impasse and after a short rest I get up and leave before they can figure out a way to reach me much to my relief. Now however I have a new issue. How the hell do I get home...

I travel a short distance until I'm out of sight of the swarm and decide to activate stealth while I check if I can do anything with the skill points gained from leveling up. 

[Stealth Level up]

Well at least that's improving I smile wryly to myself. Status. 

[Status]

 

Name : BLANK

Race: Snow Kitten

Level  : 4

HP:10

SP:10

STR : 5

AGI : 10

INT: 7

CHR :12 

 

Skills : Pounce [ LVL 3]  Bite [LVL 1] Swipe[ LVL 2] Stealth [ LVL 2] Acrobatics[ LVL 2]

Traits : Soft Fur, Predators Eyes, Sharpened Claws

Skill Points : 2

So Pounce and Acrobatics have also leveled up which I guess makes sense considering how both of them helped save my life only moments ago. Oh and 2 more skill points so I guess its all but confirmed that its a point per level but I don't see and more trait points so that must be gained a different way. As for my actual attributes it seems like I'm very heavily agility focused, but I'm slightly worried about my strength. It's only gaining one point per level so it seems to not be my strong suit at all and seeing as I'm in the front line quite a bit I can't help but be worried... And what's the point of the charm stat its so needlessly high but what use is it even giving me? 

[Charm- Increases likeability]

.... What am I supposed to do with that? Ahhh I'll have to look for  a skill down the line that can make use of this useless stat. For now lets move onto the skills. For one I'm definitely getting Calm Mind.

[Skill Acquired] 

Then for the second one lets take a look. Hmm I'm starting to see one or two skills that require more than one skill point so I'm definitely going to have to start saving up in case I find any big skills down the line. I quite like this one actually , [ Bleeding Strikes- Increases chance of bleeding wounds] but it costs 2 points so I think I'll save this one so I can get that. In my previous fights I've managed to get gashes on the enemy but not a one hit K.O which I'm guessing is the result of my low strength stat and small size. But if I get this skill I should be able to deal a lot more damage even if I'm using the same line of attacks which should level up my current skills a lot faster. Okay its decided but first lets go find some food, I wasn't able to eat that centipede I caught and after that run I am starving.

 

 

7