Ch.5 A New Power
134 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This new tunnel extended for quite a while before eventually looping around back to the watering hole I’d found earlier. I made sure to stay in stealth and somehow kept out of sight of the centipedes as I wasn’t certain if they’d remember me or not. While travelling there I’d come to the decision that I need to be smarter with my hunts and for now that means making sure I can kill my prey before they call out for help. I’d decided to look for another lizard as I was still a bit shaken by the swarm of centipedes and the only other creature I was somewhat familiar with were the lizards I’d first run into.

I found a good vantage point and gazed over the watering hole looking for my mark and after a short while I’d found it. The calm mind skill seemed to be working its magic since I felt a lot less rushed to engage and was able to patiently observe the lizard. Finally, it began to move and I was able to begin the hunt.

I stalked my prey as it entered a neighboring tunnel system and having learnt from my mistakes I decided to let it move a bit further from the watering hole to avoid drawing attention. I could feel my hunger clawing at my stomach and I knew it was now or never. I got as close to the lizard as possible without it noticing me and then I pounced. I landed a gash on its back and tried for a follow up but the lizard in its panic managed to tackle me away. Making use of [Acrobatics] I rolled to the side before dashing past the lizard taking a swipe at its side. The still recovering lizard tried widened its eyes and attempted to back up but I’d already closed the distance cutting a large chunk out of the lizard’s side.

It eyed me wearily and in a final attempt at glory is charged me so I decided to try out a classic. I pounced over the lizard just as I had the first time easily maneuvering myself to take a large cut at its nape before gracefully landing on the ground behind it.

[Swipe Level Up]

[Pounce Level Up]

I quickly made sure nothing was headed this way before I decided to fill myself up after a long day. For the first time I was overly thankful for my small frame since even one lizard was enough to fill me after all that. Yes, for the time being at least, small is best. 

I made my way back to my den before taking a much needed rest and decided that once I woke up it would be time to grind some levels. I went out that day and managed to hunt two lizards with only a minor acid incident to quell my spirits but thankfully I’d leveled up after that fight and restored my body to a better state. I was also met with another surprise now that I’d hit level 5.

[Conditions Met Evolution tree now available]

[Snow Cat – The mature variant of the Snow Kitten, greatly improved physical capabilities.]

[Feral Kitten – A bloodthirsty feline. Has improved physical capabilities with bonuses applied when covered in the blood of your enemies]

[Fae Kitten- A magical variant of the feline family. Due to its high charm and intellect the kitten has evolved to become a more mystical being capable of the most basic of Fae magics.]

[Shadow cub – A variant of the feline family far more focused on stealth. Has increased bonuses when attacking from stealth as well as a darker coat to allow better camouflage in the darkness.]

So evolution huh? Well I can’t say I’m not happy about but wow. Okay well looking at the options I don’t see why I’d choose the Snow cat.. I mean I’d probably be bigger but there’s nothing all that special about it. As for feral kitten, just yikes. As much as I’m trying to adjust to my new life I do not want to ‘bathe in the blood of my enemies’ or anything like that. I may be a kitten but I’d like to at least keep some semblance of my humanity. But with those out of the way there’s only really two options left stealth or magic..

Stealth has done me well so far, it’s allowed me to stalk my prey without being found and given me the ability to fight back. But magic. If we’re in a fantasy world, it’s got to be fantasy right? And I’ve already learnt stealth abilities so surely I can just improve on those? Plus, I never know if I’ll be able to learn magic again. Yeah that settles it. Got to have magic.

[Fae Kitten Evolution chosen]

[Evolution commencing in

3

2

1]

*Darkness*

My mind had gone blank and I couldn’t move my body. But I could vaguely feel myself changing. A warmth had begun to fill my body and slowly spread through it opening new channels and pores I didn’t know my body possessed. I could feel a slight connection to that warmth and my mind suddenly came to the realization that this was mana. My body had finally opened up to the possibility of mana and somehow that useless charm stat seemed to be the one responsible for this change.

The changes didn’t stop there though and I felt my body get slightly smaller as my tail and ears lengthened a good amount. The warmth I had come to recognize seemed to focus itself on my eyes for a moment longer than the rest of my body. Once the changes seemed to have reached completion I felt a rush of energy and then my eyes fluttered open.

I first felt the newfound length of my tails and ears as they now felt a lot more noticeable. My tail swirled around to my front as I caught sight of a fluffy white tail that led to a pastel pink tip. Unable to resist my newfound cat instincts I jumped at my tail unknowingly before falling over myself in embarrassment. I quickly moved on and felt more of the changes in my body, primarily the mana. There wasn’t much of it but it was there and it felt like a whole new world had opened up to me. Knowledge of how to make use of it instinctively filled me but I knew it would take a practice before I could move the mana as well I’d like.

[Status]

 

 

 

Name : BLANK

Race: Fae Kitten

 

Level  : 1

HP: 12

SP: 13

MP:10

STR : 6

AGI : 13

INT: 11

CHR :16

 

Skills : Pounce [ LVL 4]  Bite [LVL 1] Swipe[ LVL 3] Stealth [ LVL 3] Acrobatics[ LVL 3] Calm Mind [ LVL 1] Distract [LVL 1] Illuminate [ LVL 1]

 

Traits : Soft Fur, Predators Eyes, Sharpened Claws, Fae Core

Skill Points : 2

 

[Distract – Summons firefly like magic to draw attention of an enemy. Effect will vary based on enemies Intelligence.]

[Illuminate – Summons a ball of light to illuminate an area. The most basic of Fae magics]

[Fae Core – A magic core allowing for the use of Fae magics]

  

Okay the magic may not be the best but I’m sure it just because it’s the start right? Right?

I guess distract could come in hand, I can use it to potentially lure enemies over before ambushing them. Maybe it’s not soooo bad. As for Illuminate...for now I’ll just level it up in my free time and hope it has a use down the line. Okay and for the fun part. Skills, it looks like I’ve got some new magic related skills although not many.

[Bedazzle- 1 SP – Fluster an opponent’s mind for a moment]

[Fae Footwork- 1 SP – Imbue your steps with mana allowing for faster and lighter movements]

[Natures friend -2 SP– Allows for communication with natural auras making scouting out an area and understanding the land easier.]

Well I’d say this makes up for it.  With my current skill points I don’t think I’ll go for Natures aura and rather than a bleeding passive I think I’ll try to improve on my current strengths. I’m fast, have sharp claws and a human mind so I should be able to take advantage of the situation. If I get Bedazzle then hopefully I should be able to pause an enemy even if it’s just for a moment which will definitely make my ambushes far more effective. And if I get Fae Footwork it should work in tandem with my acrobatics to make me an overall better fighter.

[Learn Skills?]

Yes.

[Skills Acquired]

My other skills are coming along nicely and now that I have these they should be able to shine even more. So all that’s left is practice.

 

7