One punch man isekai 3
129 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dain was still in a daze as he woke up, but quickly got to checking up on his body. This was a skill anyone perpetually on the brink of death is required to have.

He ignored the looming visage of his sister screaming at him and focused. Many factors contributed to the state of one's body, but it did not present the slightest trouble to someone as experienced as Dain.

He looked over his body paying no heed to any sounds around him. He, of course, also observed the environment in detail. As expected there was only one threat which he simply ignored. He could rest easy and focus on the minor things.

He was also quite impressed at the state of the art hospital room, he even had a nice - nightstand, was it? So he lay down, enjoying the AC while his sister barraged him with questions.

 

"Why don't you answere me‽ I know you are a bit dull, but isn't this a bit too much‽ Did they beat you up so badly that you can't speak‽ Arghhh, how will we be able to cover the hospital expenses‽ Don't you know they jacked up the prices for non monster injuries‽"

'Wait, how did she even find me, and before Bang of all things? Huh, guess I'll have to attribute it to the weird developments of this world.'

'Also, what the hell? Even Origin had free healthcare. Aren't taxes already enough?'

Dain saw a issue and thought of a way to resolve it. Yet this was the best he could come up with.

'Meh, Bang will foot the bill even if he can't.' He had called the hospital, so it was almost a certainty that Bang find and relish praises upon him. But Dain would get the old man to cough up some money instead. After all, heroes might work for free but he surely didn't.

He sighed and put on a expression of regret, which was completely staged.

"I'm fine sister."

"Oh so now you speak up‽ Where is your excuse huh‽ What about your injures‽ Ughhh, you little bastard, why can't you just go to school like all the other dumb kids‽"

She swung around from left and right, seemingly with unstoppable energy. Stopping only to pose even more oddly than Garo.

'Damn it, the legendary myriad body expression technique?! Impossible!' Useless and witty comments had always been his go to after suffering.

Dain closed his eyes and looked at her seriously for the first time.

'This might be a challange, people who get worked up like this are usually persistent.' - Burden detection told him so, one of the necessary skills of a powerful person.

She was quite short but definetly older the current him. Having free dark brown hair around shoulder length caused it to flutter around freely, sometimes hitting her in her quaint face. As for her assets - Dain deigned not give them a glance. Such things only burdend people in combat, so he only felt repulsed. Though from her movemnts she seemd to be quite lithe, prompting them to be quaint as well.

If Dain had to grade her based on appearance, he would state - 'Eh, 7.9/10 too much water.'.

Dain really didn't know how to grade anyone on any factor besides strenght and cunningness. He didn't particularly care about other things. Perhaps his stay in Origin really diminished his care of human life, what more World 3.

Neither did he care about this so called sister of his. For him, a human was good enough if they didn't stop him from getting power.

So, for someone like her, it would be great for her to stop annoying him or disappear. He didn't mind playing the hero in order not to be stomped, but there was no way he was going to stop pursuing more power.

Well, maybe it was just this world getting to him but he decided to hold off on such measures. For now, at least.

'Every world influances me in a different way, Perhaps someday I won't even be the same person...'

Back to the nameless sister, she was actually crying. This disturbed Dain a great deal. He had seen people crying, caused it too, but he never had anyone cry for him. Everyone always saw him as an outsider with too much power, only to be used for their desires.

'This [Simple Life] is really good until it isn't.'

Dain decided to be a bit more gentle and at least speak back when asked. It was the least he could do, either way he had nothing else to do here besides recover.

'Eh, might as well.'

"Sister, school is too boring."

As anyone would know, this statment is the worst to use in such a situation, yet such is Dain. One couldn't expect much more from someone as lonely as him.

"No shit! You still have to take it though, you think I will support you through your whole life?!"

"Yea."

What else could poor Dain say, ignoring and bullshiting were his go to cards in social situations. He had always been under the assumption that being silver tongued without power was a detriment, so he never picked up any conversation nor persuasion tricks.

He could play ball with opponents, but he never had any willing allies or even people who were indifferent. It had always been either enemy, unwilling ally or worthless burdens he refused to even talk to.

"URGH! I can't believe how you act! Can't you grow up already?!" She said, wipping her tears, and stormed off.

'Mission accomplished, now I can probably just leave a goodbye letter and peace out.'

Dain was accustomed to using the legendary technique of absent fathers and shady characters - Exit stage left.

'Now I simply must wait for Bang to arrive and relax in the meantime.'

He put [Memory of the past - Meditation] on autopilot and took a few magazines and newsletters from the nightstand near the hospital bed.

'Lets see - increased monster sightings in Z-city, the establishment of S-class and so on. Oh, this must be a old issue. Next, Metal bat a new S-class hero, powerful vigilante scarface and so on. Huh, is that another nickname for King before the destruction of whatsit city. Nevermind, the isekai system always interferes with the worlds a bit, its not odd to find discrepancies.'

Dain strained to remember all the events which lead to the first season of One Punch Man but his memory failed him once more.

'I know I'm not getting older, it's not time either. So, I think the spirit is the reason for my bad memory, could there be a problem in the process after...'

'Ah who knows, better just to relax and enjoy myself for now. I don't get to do that often either way.'

...

Bang had just finished dealing with a monster, it was tough but it couldn't compare to the call he received right after.

In this world all reliable heroes received a way to be contacted by the association, plus normal cellphones were also a staple. Even an old relic such as Bang knew how to use them.

"Ah, moshi moshi. To whom do i have the pleasure of speaking with?"

...

Bang rushed to the hospital as quickly as he could.

What awaited him was exactly what the caller had outlined. His students were beaten up and only one was able to greet him as he entered the care ward.

It was Sourface, someone who had seen the battle of Garo and Dain and who witnessed its result.

He was truly shaken, first one of the more taciturn yet talented disciples had gone haywire and then some random teen transformed into a beast and pummelled him.

His trust in his martial arts had really declined after it. He was sure he was going to quit and only prayed that Garo wouldn't hunt him down. Or, even worse, the mad student and teen had some sort of relationship and if they knew? Well he wasn't sure if one of them would beat him up, but he woulnd't want to risk it.

So, when Bang arrived he only told him what Garo had done and the teen who called the hospital.

After he did so, Bang looked at him with an expression which scared him. He seemed to be angry, upset, sad and more. Sourface wasn't good at judging people but even so he knew that Bang blammed himself for this.

He decided not to tell him he was going to quit either. Sourface was a coward after all. And, he had never seen Bang angry or even upset like this, so he didn't want to add fuel to that fire. Since, besides being a coward, Sourface wasn't a bad person at all.

...

Bang had departed the hospital ward after checking the statuses of each disciple. Seeing that the majority was going to have to receive extensive medical tretment made him feel even worse. He could pay the bills, but he knew for a fact that this was going to affect their martial path and he was even sure that a whole lot of them would leave his dojo.

'Garo, why did you do this? You are talented and I as well as your other disciples always treated you well. Sure he had always been reticent and reserved, but he had also been active and studious. He was also the most talented one of the whole bunch. I don't know, mmh, maybe I'm just getting old and can not understand young people.'

Bang blammed himself entirely for the whole matter. It was his own disciple who had done the deed, no one could deny that. But he wasn't going to get hung up on it, no, he had to do his duty as a master and seek him out. Not to aprehend him or anything, he didn't injure anyone fatally, but he was going to question him. Though he wouldn't have much time as he had to fight monsters, care for his beaten disciples and train new ones. He had always been looking for more people to learn his martial arts.

He shook his head and looked around, the hospital room which housed the teen who called the hosptial was around here somewhere right? Ah right, he had to go through this passage.

This hospital wing was different from the one where his disciples stayed. But not due to that fact. Sourface told him that they originally placed him in the same room but decided to move him due to his injuries being of a completely different nature. Since this was a wing in another section of the hospital, Bang had to pass through some areas with doctors. There, he asked for the doctors or nurses who suprvised the teen's recovery.

He managed to find out that there were not only were their a lot of wounds on a variety of parts of his skin, his body also seemed to have sustained immense amounts of pressure recently. Some of the diagnoses proved such.

Bang was sure that this had to do with Garo. He was a renowned martial artist and decently familiar with Garo's fighting style. Such wounds cound't be the result of a one sided pounding, no. They pointed not only to the fact that the two fought, but also that the teen was able to use a immense amount of power which his body couldn't handle in its current state.

How and why this was the case, he did not know. It conflicted with what Sourface told him, but simply took it that he was too exausted or wasn't conscious then. He trusted his good disciples, after all. Even someone as old and wise as Bang couldn't expect and plan for all things.

He stepped inside the passage.

Though what greeted him besides doors leading to the hospital rooms, was a girl. Sje seemed to be around 19, sitting and crying right before the centermost room. That room aws exactly the one with the room number where the teen was sent to.

They were both startled. He didn't expect anyone to see here, and neither did the girl.

'It seems even my steps aren't steady anymore.' Of course, this was only due to him being very out of it.

Bang faced the girl and the girl wiped away her tears and looked at him angrily.

Bang's thoughts spun and he quickly deduced the reason why she was here and why she looked at him like that.

'Oh no.'

If the old man feared anything, this was definetly one of those fears. This was a battle he couldn't face with his martial arts.

...

Dain had been waiting for Bang for quite a while now. Well it didn't matter much to him, he had quite a bit of fun doing normal things such as reading. It didn't slow down his meditation either, his insights on that technique were already immense.

He was going about his thing but he heard talking. First a angry yelp and a soothing old voice.

'Wait, why do I hear two people talking outside.'

Dain was naturally attuned to hearing people talk as it could grant him advantages. He also had the abiltiy to block out all crying as only burdens did such a thing.

'Wait, so not only is my 'sister' still there, doing who knows what, there also seems to be someone with an aged voice. And, at this time, it could only really be one person based on my luck in this world.'

'What the hell is this devopment?! Damn it - I just hope that they won't hash out some kind of diabolical plan together, that would be the abjectly horrible.'

0