Chapter 10
61 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Haven's base in Kuoh was in a frenzy. Ever since Kokabiel made his presence known, skirmishes between the Haven's forces and the rogue fallen and exorcists have been going on. Reports kept coming in and out of the control room, where Akeno and Arthur were laying out orders. 

"Lady Akeno! We have neutralized the fallen angels near the industrial district. No casualties but 5 were injured. Please relay your next orders!" 

"Heal the injured first. Make sure that no innocents were harmed. Then proceed to patrol the industrial district one more time before proceeding towards the abandoned warehouses."

"Affirmative."

"Lord Arthur! We need reinforcements! The exorcists here are using humans as baits and we can't get further! We have multiple injured and 10 critical."

"Tch. Dirty move. I'm sending Squad 7 to your position. Keep the exorcists distracted and try to take back the innocents. Inform the long rangers to throw random spells to keep them company while the rogue's should sneak towards them. The innocents are the first priority!" 

"Yes sir!" 

This has been going on since Hoffen and Jeanne left to deal with Kokabiel at the Kuoh Academy. The Excalibur Duo were also with them.  

*BOOM* 

The fort shook as an explosion was heard right outside it's walls. Arthur and Akeno glanced at each other warily before questioning a soldier.

"WE HAVE MULTIPLE STRAY DEVILS INCOMING! ALL ARE AT MIDDLE CLASS! MEN! ARM YOURSELF! PREPARE THE DEFENSES!", A commander hollered as he went about organizing the defending force on the walls. From beyond the walls, you could see a horde of chimera like monsters charging through the forest straight towards the walls. 

"Arthur, stay here and take control of the vanguard. I will help the defending forces. Since they are devils, my Holy Lightning can deal huge damage and dwindle down their numbers. Arthur just nodded before he swiftly made his way towards the control room. 

Akeno then unfurled her Fallen Angel wings and flew towards the incoming horde. The defending men cheered as they saw one of their strongest superior taking charge. Akeno giggled slowly as she charged her magic. 

"Ufufu~ Hope you keep me entertained~"

"Taste my judgement! Perish!"

"Holy Lightning!"

As Akeno said that, clouds could be seen forming all around the fortress as the wind started picking up. The soldiers braced as the Devil horde kept charging in recklessly. Crackles of thunder could be heard in the distance when suddenly, a huge amount of lightning bolts struck at the horde. 

Dying wails could be heard as the devils disintegrated due to the Holy Aura the lightning projected. Akeno had a small blush on her face as she giggled menacingly, seeing the horde of them dying. 

The soldiers on the walls had a look of awe and admiration as they see their mistress destroy the devils with such ease. 

"Ara ara~ That was anti-climatic. I thought they would be strong. Well, I can ask Fen-kun for a reward later~ Fufufu~", Akeno said as she gracefully flew back into the base, effectively increasing her fame in the Haven.

"Great job out there Lady Akeno. Lord Hoffen will be pleased.", Arthur said as he nods at her in respect. Akeno nods back as she takes control over the vanguard squads fighting in the Kuoh Suburbs. 

'Fufufu~ Fen-kun must come back. Or I will punish you~'

~With Hoffen~

Hoffen felt a chill as he shivered lightly as he ducked under an attack from a fallen angel. Jeanne turned towards him in worry as she killed her opponent. 

"Hoffen! You okay?" 

"Umu! Just fine!" 

Hoffen answered as he smiled. No one noticed sweat that had formed on his forehead. 

'Umu. I am in danger.'

~With Rias and Co.~

Issei could be seen standing in front of the Nun, Asia, as he prepared to fight against the 2nd Cerberus that had taken him by surprise. 

*Slice* *Squelch*

"Sorry for the delay."

A female voice said as she causally stood on the severed head while pushing her sword in it's face. 

"Your reinforcements have arrived."

Xenovia stood in all her glory as she was followed by Irina. 

"In the name of God! I, Irina is here! Amen!"

Issei just stared at them in awe.

"Incredible..."

He then felt his power reach its limit. His gaze turned hard and he called out for his master.

"BUCHOU! IT'S TIME TO TRANSFER! BOOST GEAR GIFT!" 

Issei shouted out as a green draconic aura formed around him and Rias.

"Here we go. Ufufu~", Rias said to herself as she felt power flowing through her veins. 

Issei then looked towards the Cerberus that had began retreating. 

"Facing Xenovia and Irina-san made the Gatekeeper of Hell run away...!"

"I won't let you flee." 

A voice said as numerous swords rose up from the ground, piercing the fleeing hell doggo. 

"SWORD BIRTH!", Kiba yelled as he immobilized Cerberus. 

"KIBA! YOU PICKED A GREAT TIME TO RUSH IN!"

Issei cheered from the side. Xenovia seeing her chance, released the destructive aura off of the Excalibur and killed the Cerberus. 

"TAKE THIS, KOKABIEL!"

Rias yelled as she sent a huge ball of her bloodline power, Power Of Destruction. 

"IT'S HUGE!!!", Issei yelled as he stared at the ball of destructive power. 

Kokabiel just stared boredly at the ball before knocking it away with his hand like he were flicking a pebble.

"NO WAY! HE KNOCKED AWAY ALL THAT MAGIC WITH ONE HAND!?", Issei yelled as he stared astonished at Kokabiel. Rias was also shocked seeing such a huge amount of power being handled so easily. 

"I see. With the power of the Red Dragon, you can draw up this much power huh?", Kokabiel said as he smirked casually. 

"It's complete.", A gravely voice said in glee. This was Valpa Galilei. 

"The ritual to fuse the four holy swords is complete! The town will be levelled within 20 minutes!" 

Valpa just smirked crazily as he gazed at the newly formed sword. He then turned towards the devils and exorcists. 

"There is no way to cancel the ritual but to defeat Kokabiel." 

"WE WON'T EVEN HAVE TIME TO WAIT FOR SIRZECH'S REINFORCEMENTS!", Issei yelled out, alarmed and scared. 

"Freed.", Kokabiel called out. Said person was leaning against a tree with his eyes closed. He then smirked as he gazed towards the Cadre. 

"Yes, boss?" 

For some last entertainment, show them the power of the fused Excalibur." 

"Sure, Sure. Geez, the boss really treats people rough.", Freed said as he sauntered towards the fused sword. "But, but, but! To be able to wield this oh so awesome Excalibur-chan! Isn't that just the greatest honor imaginable!" 

He then giggled as he picked up the sword from between the magic circle. 

"Uhehehe~! Even you little devils over there, I'll chop you up into itty, bitty pieces!" 

Xenovia's eyes turned sharp seeing the sword. This was what Lord Hoffen was working for. All she need was to take the sword and secure it. Her mission would be complete. 

"We have a common enemy here. Let's destroy that holy sword together.", Xenovia said as she gazed at Kiba. 

"You're sure?"

"In the worst case scenario, as long as I can collect the shards, it'll be fine."

Xenovia then clenched her fists tightly as she readied herself.

'This is it. The Haven's most important goal shall be accomplished today. Excalibur shall be one!'

_____________________________________________________

Cliffhanger~ Kukukuku

1