Chapter 11
64 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slash

"Fuck you too."

Slash Bam

"Go die somewhere."

Boom

"That's it~ Keep dying for me~!" 

Here we see a trigger happy holy sword boi-

"That ain't me though!"

Shut it.

"But th-"

Shut. it. 

"..."

Anyways~ Here we see a trigger happy holy sword boi who was tired of acting all virtuous and kind. He can now be seen slashing, mutilating, amputating and chopping off any rogue he sees on his way back to HQ.

"WHY ISN'T THERE ANYONE HERE OTHER THAN ME!?" 

Lancelot screams as he killed off the remaining rogues in the area. He was sent here after Akeno went all sparkly over the enemies. 

"Uuuugh! I'm done here! Oi! Arthur! Call me back or send someone else here or something!" 

Lancelot whined into his earpiece. 

"Or something.", Arthur said from the HQ. 

Lancelot just stood there dumbly after hearing him. Snickering could be heard from the other side too, probably Akeno. Angry tick marks then formed on his forehead as Lancelot began raging...again. 

"YOU DUMBASS BASTARD! I SAID TO CALL ME BACK! WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY 'OR SOMETHING'! YOU CAN JOKE AT A TIME LIKE THIS!?" 

"Yes. I felt the need to as everything was too tense."

"SHADDAP! OF COURSE IT WOULD BE TENSE! WE ARE AT WAR! JUST TELEPORT ME BACK ALREADY! I'LL SLICE YOUR FUCKING FACE INTO TWO!"

"Lord Hoffen will not be pleased."

"I SAID TELEPORT ME BACK DAMNIT!" 

~With Hoffen~

Hoffen and Jeanne were now closing towards Kokabiel's position. There were 50 men following them from behind, the strongest they had at base. They soon run into another group of rogue fallen angels. 

"Lord Hoffen and Lady Jeanne, we will keep them occupied. Please rush towards Kokabiel and finish him off!" The group's commander said as he began fighting the fallen. Hoffen nods and then rushes with Jeanne in tow. 

"Hoffen. Do we spare Kokabiel according to Azazel's request or are we killing him?", Jeanne asked as she followed Hoffen. 

"We kill him. I don't care about Azazel's request, Kokabiel dies today." Hoffen said as he kept running.

They soon reach Kuoh Academy and felt a barrier surrounding it. 

"Heh~ The student council did a good job here." Hoffen said as he passed through it without an issue with Jeanne. 

"Jeanne, heal the students here and help them enhance the barrier. I'll go and take down Kokabiel." Hoffen ordered as his eyes hardened, prepared for battle. Jeanne was worried for a split second before she shook her head and smiled softly. 

"Win and return to us, Hoffen. Be careful." Jeanne said before she pulled his head down for a kiss. Hoffen returned it with no hesitation. 

"Wait for me."

With that, Hoffen then rushed towards Kokabiel leaving behind a smiling Jeanne. 

~With Kokabiel & the ORC~

We can now see the bunch of newbie devils futilely attacking Kokabiel, hoping to hit him or bring him down. Kokabiel just sat there lazily on his throne as he saw the amusing bugs swatting and crying beneath him. 

Valper had just finished his monologue on the Holy Sword Project and the results of said project. He then threw a defunct crystal towards Kiba who was slumped on the ground in shock and sorrow. 

*After the sob boo-fuckin-hoo story of Kiba and his power of friendship or whatever.*

"SWORD BIRTH!", Kiba yelled as a completely new sword materialized in his outstretched arm. It gave off a holy look but it had a demonic aura around it. 

"SWORD BIRTH! HOLY-DEMONIC SWORD: SWORD OF THE BETRAYER!" 

(A/N: Seriously, they use plastic toy swords. What's with the shit designs?)

Valpa on the other hand had a bewildered look on his face as he muttered anxiously seeing the anomaly that was Kiba's sword. 

"This is not possible...The balance between the evil devil powers and the holy powers of God can never be measured or can never be merged, so how was it that Kiba did it?"

A sudden thought hit him as he froze completely. 

"That's it...That's it! Now I get it! it wasn't only the 4 Satans, it was even God who had-"

Before Valpa could complete his monologue, a light spear went through his gut as he dropped down dead. 

"You truly were a good man Valpa, but you were no longer needed.", Kokabiel said as he gazed at the dead body. The other's fighting stopped and stared at him in confusion. 

"Oh? Should I continue where he left? Sure thi-", Kokabiel was then swiftly slashed on his left cheek by Xenovia wielding the Durandal. 

He amusedly chuckled as he wiped off the blood from his cheeks. 

"Kukuku~ You too have done well. Even after you lost that trusty lord of yours..." 

As Kokabiel said that, Xenovia stiffened. She then glanced towards a confused Irina before she madly charged. 

'She can't know this. She CAN'T KNOW THIS!

As she recklessly started attacking Kokabiel, said person just stared at her in interest. 

"Hoh? So you know the truth, Durandal User? Surprising considering how fucked up the Church is." 

"Shut it!"

"Make me!" 

With that, Kokabiel just slapped her away from him with a single swipe of his palm. The atmosphere had gotten dangerous and tense. 

"Now, as I was saying. You maggots probably don't know this, but..." 

      "God is dead." 

Everyone just stared at him in shock, hearing the unbelievable news. The most affected among them were Irina and Asia, who were fervent believers. 

"Lies...Lies...Hey Xenovia...He is lying right?" 

Irina said blankly as the news set in. She turned towards Xenovia with a desperate look in her eyes. Xenovia could only grit her teeth in anger and shame as she glared at Kokabiel. 

"ASIA!" 

They heard Issei's scream as she slumped on the ground, staring ahead with a blank look. 

"W-What about the love and blessing we used to receive? Who is doing that then?" 

"He had left behind a functioning system to grant power to the exorcists and the Angels, but ever since his death, the power decrease was visible..."

"But even after all this...AZAZEL DARE SAY'S THERE SHALL BE NO SECOND WAR!? WE COULD'VE EASILY DESTROYED THE DEVILS AND ANGELS WITH THE DEATH OF THEIR MASTERS! WE FALLEN COULD'VE EASILY WON!"

Kokabiel crazily shouted. He had bloodshot eyes as he gazed maniacally at the Devils. 

"There will be war! I'll deliver your heads to Sirzechs and Michael! Thus, I will show that the Fallen reign supreme!" 

As soon as he said that. A huge holy aura suddenly covered the area they were fighting. 

"Eh? My injuries? They are getting healed!", Issei said as he noticed the bruises he received fading. The rest of the Devils and the Exorcists felt a power up and saw their injuries fade. 

"...Even the bravest of us loath war..." 

A figure appeared in front of the group and stood tall. Silver armor gleamed as it was surrounded by warm, golden light. 

 "...And those who long for it are the most dangerous!"

The Devils and the Exorcist Duo's eyes widened hearing the voice of the figure. Xenovia smiled widely as Irina's eyes shone with hope and awe. 

 "But when the blast of war blows in our ears, imitate the action of a lion. Leadership, confidence, nobility, courage, strength and grace should be the ways of a true Lionheart!..." 

In front of them all stood Hoffen Lowenherz, decked out in Avalon's Armor as the Holy Aura around him surged with power. Kokabiel just glared at him as he interrupted his fun. 

They then heard the sounds of footsteps and clinking of armor surrounding them. They looked around to see a huge number of humans marching towards them in files. The whole spectacle looked majestic. At the front of the Army stood Jeanne armed with her Flag, leading the army with grace and valor befitting of a Queen! Beside her stood purple haired young man, who had a mean glare on his face. He was grinning wildly as his amethyst eyes shone with awe and pride.

A sudden cut was formed beside them, from where Arthur and Akeno stepped out. They each nodded towards Jeanne and Lancelot before joining their ranks. 

"Hoh~? Quite a spectacular army you have there, Humans? State your business here!", Kokabiel said as he stared at Hoffen with a smirk. 

Hoffen just smiled before he once again released his aura.

"I am Hoffen Lowenherz, descendant of King Richard the Lionheart. And the the leader of the Haven Of Ro! Cease the fighting now, Kokabiel, or you shall not be spared!", Hoffen ordered grandly as he stared at Kokabiel. 

"Ku-FUHUHAHAHAHA! Such INSOLENCE! You think you can order me! Kokabiel! Why don't I just annihilate your splendid army and be done with!?", Kokabiel said as he laughed madly. Hoffen sighed knowing he won't listen anymore. 

"Arthur, please retrieve the Excalibur pieces immediately. One of Haven's goal shall be complete today.", Hoffen said calmly. Arthur nodded before flashing off to Freed's body. Hoffen then turned towards Kokabiel as he equipped Arondight.

                                                                                                     "As for you. En Garde!"  

Hoffen ordered as he gripped Arondight tightly in his hands, looking at Kokabiel who grinned widely, his black wings spread out. Kokabiel formed a spear of light in his hands. With a flick of his wrist, Kokabiel's spear flew at Hoffen at blinding speeds.

"You think you can order me around Human? Know your place!" Kokabiel exclaimed as he rushed at Hoffen.

 Breathing out and relaxing his muscles, Hoffen spread his legs before raising his sword over his head. As soon as the spear was in reach, Hoffen brought his sword down, slashing the spear of light in half, shocking the fallen angel. 

"Tch. You sure are pesky eh?" Kokabiel said scowling at Hoffen. He then spread his wings wide and flew towards Haven's Leader. Another light spear appeared in his hands, intending to fight Hoffen head on. He thrust his light spear towards him, who held his sword up to block with the flat side of the blade. With a loud clang and sparks flying the air, Hoffen was sent sliding on his feet backwards at the strength of the Fallen. 

"He~h! Is that all you got Cadre? This getting boring now!" Hoffen said as he grinned widely. Kokabiel then clicked his tongue again in anger. 

Leaving behind a few black feathers, Kokabiel vanished from where he was before appearing next to Hoffen who had just stopped sliding. He aimed to cut off the blonde's head but Hoffen was prepared. He ducked down below the spear before spinning around and sweep kicking Kokabiel off his feet. As he spun around, Hoffen slashed his sword in an upward motion, dragging the blade in the dirt straight towards Kokabiel's stomach.

 In the blink of an eye, The fallen angel summoned and light spear and in the nick of time blocked the holy blade but was sent flying into the sky. 

"Hah! Look at you mocking and calling us Humans weak! Aren't I the one in control here!?" 

The ORC, Exorcists and the Haven's army looked on in awe as their leader kept on beating and pushing back a known Cadre, whose name was mentioned in the Bible.

Kokabiel spun around in the air before spreading his wings and floated in the air with anger written all over his face.

"Don't fuck with me human. All of them were just lucky shots!" Kokabiel said, but then as soon as he blinked, Hoffen was gone. He felt a hot and stinging sensation across his back and his eyes widened. 

In the blink of an eye, Hoffen appeared behind him and cut three of his wings off as well as leaving a large gash across Kokabiel's back. The Fallen fell to the ground, face first as his back felt like it was on fire. 

"You don't deserve these wings. The power you possess could've been used better! Yet you use it to start an unneeded war!" Hoffen exclaimed as he glared at the fallen (A/N: lmao) Kokabiel.

Groggily, Kokabiel stood up only to see Hoffen standing in front of him with a tilted head and sword wresting on his shoulder. Now pissed, Kokabiel took to the sky and spread his remaining wings as wide as he could. In the sky, a numerous amount of light spears formed and was aimed straight at Hoffen. 

As the blinding light of spears flew towards Hoffen, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. His sword began to glow slightly and hum with power.

'Well. It's time ended this. Full power ahead!'

 Slowly, he raised sword over head and focused his breathing. As soon as his eyes shot open, he was in front Kokabiel.

            "Reaching the very end, beyond the boundaries!"

 He slashed down Kokabiel's chest with a trail of light following behind the blade.

                    "Sinner on the other side! Witness this light!" 

 Every single light spear shattered and the sky was filled with flakes of golden light. Kokabiel's eyes were wide as saucers as blood dripped from his mouth. 

                "Arondight! OVERLOAD! 

Slowly, his body was split in two, from his left shoulder down to his right hip.

"Perish Kokabiel. Knowing your plans have all ended in vain!" Hoffen said as he gazed upon the dead Kokabiel. As soon as he said those words, the Army surrounding the battlefield started cheering and hollering in celebration. 

Hoffen turned and gazed at his army with pride and happiness. The ORC, Xenovia and Irina stared at Hoffen in awe. Xenovia then pulled Irina along with her and went towards the Haven's army and started cheering with them. 

"Long live the King! Long live the Lionheart!" Jeanne shouted from her spot. Her chant was then backed up by the whole army shouting together! 

            "LONG LIVE THE KING!"

               "LONG LIVE THE LIONHEART!

         "LONG LIVE LORD HOFFEN LOWENHERZ!" 

Hoffen just stared at them all with happiness and pride shining in his eyes. He then saw a smiling Arthur walking towards him with the rest of the Excalibur pieces. 

"Lord Hoffen. I believe it's time to finally complete the Haven's original goal. To finally re-unite the Excalibur and return it to it's former glory!" 

Arthur then presented the swords as he kneeled in front of Hoffen. The cheering had quieted down as the rest of them began kneeling in front of him. Hoffen nodded at them before he summoned Avalon. A bright golden aura surrounded the final pieces as it began floating towards him. 

A large holy aura began surging around him as Avalon started processing and rebuilding the legendary sword. Hoffen panted as he felt his magic power started depleting due to the amount Avalon sucked in. But he held strong. This was the moment he and everyone else had been fighting for. 

A final surge in power than began yet again as Avalon began shining. The shine kept increasing to blinding levels as everyone closed their eyes and waited in anticipation. After the light died down. They opened their eyes to see their leader, benefactor and comrade standing with the original Excalibur in his hand, held firm. 

Hoffen gazed warmly at the sword in his hand

Hoffen gazed warmly at the sword in his hand. All the effort he had put. All the fights they fought. All the hard work they had put to reach who they were today. Hoffen then raised the sword and shouted at his Army. 

     "GLORY TO THE HAVEN OF RO!" 

His army cheered louder in return. 

 "GLORY TO THE HAVEN OF RO!"

"GLORY TO LORD HOFFEN LOWENHERZ!"

They all were in high spirits seeing the legendary sword back. They celebrated and cheered at their first and most important victory. Hoffen could feel Avalon's warmth and happiness as he held the Excalibur. 

'This is just the beginning. There shall be more fights to come. More challenges to win over. More enemies and more allies.' 

Hoffen thought as he looked over the celebrating people. His gaze then turned towards Jeanne. The very person who has been with him from the very beginning. The one who has supported him till now. Akeno, Arthur and Lancelot. Splendid comrades he could place his trust in. 

'But with what I have and more I shall achieve, the Haven shall grow. And shall we gain the victory we were promised!'


 

Many many thanks to @desmon4576 (from Wattpad for those who don't know) who did the ENTIRE fight scene. I had done the editing later on, but the fighting scene was done by him. Please check out his bomb books and give him a follow too! 

Also, please support me on ko-fi. 

https://ko-fi.com/sentobi

Thanks for everything!

2