Appointment Eight
1.1k 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part 1

“I’m eight months pregnant, but I want to kill the baby.”

“Are you trying to get me cancelled?”

It’s about abortion, uwah.

If people were somehow watching inside this room, like God for example or his ‘friends’, they’d be listening very intently.

“-I mean, when you say kill, you mean abortion, right? “

“I meant kill.”

The woman instantly replied.

“…I see.”

How the hell am I supposed to deal with this.

Eight months… Eight months pregnant, that means the baby is already alive, it’s practically already developed into a new born waiting to be let out!

I subtly stretched my upper body up and forwards, glancing at her belly.

Yes, it is at this stage that a pregnant woman’s belly is a basketball.

Basically:

Too late, idiot!

“Is there something you can do about it?”

Noticing my quietness, the woman asked me that question with a nervous tone.

“It’s been eight months, the baby inside you is already developed near newborn maturity, and you still want to abort it?”

Technically, very much on the borderline of technically, it can be aborted with various means, such as smashing the belly with a baseball bat- I mean… Yeah.

Though there is another way too.

“Yes, I’ve been to many doctors about this, but they frown and ask me ‘are you crazy?’ or ‘are you an idiot?’ and kick me out of the hospital.”

Of course they would! It’s been eight months!

“…So why did you wait eight months to finally abort it?”

I fiddled with my fingers as I hunched my back, asking her that question.

Hearing this, she smiled gallantly and replied:

“I was too lazy.”

“…”

“-Basically, Procrastination.”

Without a pause or with the contrasts of the barrier of time, my hands found themselves covering my face in a facepalm.

My brains shifted gears from bing agitated to irritation as I heaved a sigh, gritting my teeth.

Are you a student in high school finally considering to complete their summer holiday homework the day before school starts?

School’s already begun you idiot!

You always finish the work the moment you get home so you won’t have to worry about the future! Or in your case, go to the hospital as soon as possible!

Wait… Let’s not get too irritated, there must have been some other circumstance, right?

I thought as I soothed my breathing and retreated into a proper upright posture, calming myself down.

Mhm, yeah, I have to be more open-minded and ask more questions.

I can’t just jump to conclusions.

No one can discern the true value of someone just by hearing a few words from them.

“…Mm.”

I’m the true idiot here, jumping to conclusions, did I forget from my experience down in the Human World?

I apologise, woman.

As I apologised to the woman in my head, I opened my eyes magnanimously and raised both my arms to my sides.

I gave her a sweet angelic expression.

I looked like those angels the Humans see the moment they die, coming down from the sky and soothing their body as they take them up toward the courts of heaven, waiting for them to be judged.

With my holiness as my strength, I parted my lips as I asked her:

“My friend, you say it was out of laziness, but were there any other circumstances preventing you from getting the abortion? A toxic boyfriend? Being afraid to open up to family? Scared of being shunned on by others? Please, don’t be afraid to tell me all of this, I am a very open-minded person.”

God, I’m such a magnanimous person, I’m such a good leader.

That’s right, a good person doesn’t jump to conclusions and blame others based on a few worded response.

It’s not right to do that.

You have to ask them for the entire story-

“No, everyone in my community is pretty supportive of it, I live in a very safe and non-toxic environment, no one would have objected and I felt nothing about it. I just didn’t bother to do it in the first place.”

She continued:

“To put it simply, I couldn’t be bothered at all.”

A thundering boom blasted around the room as my forehead slammed onto my wooden office table.

Goddess blood splattered onto my torso and face, my eyes red.

My breath was cloudy and hot as my chest rose and fell rapidly.

…Give me my thoughtfulness back.

Give it back!

It’s wasted on scum like you!

“A-Are you okay? What happened?!”

The woman stood up and bent down and asked me with a worried expression.

“N-No, it’s nothing. Go kill yourself-”

I shudderingly raised my forehead from the table, still feeling the blood drip from my head.

“What?”

“I meant: go get me that tissue box over there.”

Whoops, almost messed up and let out my true feelings, can’t let that happen again.

After everything was settled, we all sat down again.

I had an irritated look on my face as I leaned back on my pink chair, crossing my arms.

“So why do you want to abort your baby in the first place?”

I repeatedly tapped my foot onto the-… I say tapped but since I was too short for my feet to reach the floor, they were just flapping around.

Which only served to irritate me further as my eyebrows knitted closer into a more intimidating frown.

The woman took a deep breath and sighed, resting her hands on her thighs.

“No reason, I just don’t want to deal with little shits.”

Ah, so she’s trash.

Yep, she’s trash.

She can’t be anything but trash.

(…You’re asking me to be more open-minded? You’re telling me to follow up onto what I said about ‘Don’t jump onto conclusions about a person because of a few words?’.

When did I say that?

Give me proof.

Yeah, no proof, now go to hell, trash.)

“…What about your boyfriend? What does he think about it?”

I asked her with an expressionless tone.

“Does that even matter? Well, he doesn’t care either, just wants to get it done and over with.”

Ah, so he’s trash as well.

And what’s that I said earlier before about not judging people based on a few words?

I can’t seem to remember.

I mentally shrugged as I moved on.

Well, the solution is pretty simple.

I pulled out a paper and wrote a note to the Goddess of Medicine.

It’s basically, a prescription.

This prescription is a pill, and it’s a special pill for pregnant women especially.

This special pill solves the problem of abortion quite easily.

Once taken the baby and Human immediately separates and the baby itself is put into the care of angels and trained up as part of the lower hierarchy of Heaven.

So simple, right?

No.

This pill is very very expensive, scarily expensive too.

It’s so expensive that I doubt anyone besides myself, Goddess of Medicine and God knows of its existence too.

And only I, the Goddess of Doctors, have the power to prescript medicine like this.

But I’m sure if she dug up her entire life savings, she’d be able to afford it.

“Take this, and go to that address and give it to the receptionist in the building. You’ll find a pill, swallow it and let the angels take care of everything.”

“Thank you very much!”

“Thank you very much my ass, get the hell out now.”

8