Chapter 6: Xiao Bai, This is Boss Huang’s Real Intention!
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Bai stole a couple more glances at Li Zhong, hoping that he will speak. But it was all to no avail. Li Zhong simply ignored him paying no attention. Xiao Bai could only give up and wait a bit little more.

Another thirty minutes had passed already, yet there was still no sign of boss Huang. It was a whole full hour! Why hasn't the boss come yet?! When will the boss come? Xiao Bai had so many questions but didn't dare to voice them out loud. 

Two hours passed by, and everyone slowly began to lose patience.

"Where is the boss?!"

"It's already been three hours! I want to eat already!!" 

"Did we piss off Leader Huang or something?"

The crowd of hungry people started to complain openly despite Li Zhong standing in the same room as them.

Normally they wouldn't dare utter a single complaint aloud. Especially when they were in the presence of Li Zhong who was Huang Liuxing's right-hand man and also her only best friend.

However, they were too hungry to be mindful of their words in front of Li Zhong. The only thing that they could think of was that they are all really hungry, and wanted to eat their fill. 

Xiao Bai just quietly watched and listened to their angry complaints. 

Honestly, he wasn't surprised. In fact, he was amazed at how long they were able to endure hunger. 

No man (or woman) would be able to endure eleven hours without food. So naturally, he understood. Even he was beginning feel the angry growl in his stomach. 

Xiao Bai, be strong. Don't let the hunger get to you too.

Xiao Bai said these words repeatedly in his mind. He needed to be the strong and mature one. As the loyal subordinate of boss Huang, he couldn't give in to the hunger!

That was showing one's weakness! A man shouldn't lash out because of hunger, instead, he should endure and overcome it! 

Xiao Bai paused. Wait, what if this is training? Did boss Huang want to train their endurance? So the training already began the moment they entered the train? This must be the reason. Otherwise other what reason would to boss have to torment them with food?

Looking at Li Zhong who was still on his phone, Xiao Bai felt energised. 

Boss Li must be enduring the training with us too! 

At this very moment, Xiao Bai's eyes shone brightly. He stared at Li Zhong with admiration in his eyes. The very fact that boss Li who is a rich young master from a prominent family is actually enduring the hunger training with them deeply touched Xiao Bai's heart. 

Boss Li was really nice! Most people who came from a wealthy family were arrogant and refused to be under the same breath as commoners! Much less starving together with them!

This was simply too touching! If no one was touched by this, then can they still be considered human?

Boss Li is a role model that all other young masters and young ladies from wealthy families should look up to! Not only was he packed with tons of money, but he also wasn't like those self-centred, arrogant and spoiled young masters who would flaunt their wealth everywhere throwing money like water as if it was a normal thing to do. 

At this moment and time, Li Zhong was completely unaware of the admiration Xiao Bai was shooting at him.

Xiao Bai felt pumped up and clenched his fists excitedly. He stood up clearing his voice with a loud "ahem" to get everyone's attention. 

He raised his voice in a clear and loud tone so that everyone could hear him.

"You guys should stop complaining and endure it!" 

Everyone stared at Xiao Bai blankly. There was a moment of silence, then one person spoke out with a rather displeased tone. "Xiao Bai, you're kidding, right? Endure it? We've been enduring it alright? We endured it for 11 hours straight!" 

Soon after, the others began to refute Xiao Bai. 

"Brother Bai, no matter how loyal and devoted you are to Leader Huang, don't you think this is a little overboard?"

"Yeah! We're literally being starved to death here!"

"If I knew this would happen, I would've never urged the repair shop to fix my phone so soon!"

Everyone shouted and complained to Xiao Bai. Xiao Bai frowned at their reaction. How could they not even realise boss Huang's intentions? Were these guys this stupid before? 

This would not do. If boss Huang found out that her own subordinates were this clueless towards her intentions, what would she think of us then? Won't she lose faith in us in the future too?

No, this cannot go on! I have to prevent the boss from losing faith in us!!

"Why are you talking like this..! Boss Huang is doing this for our own good!" 

Everyone halted their voice for a whole good 30 seconds. They all burst out laughing. 

"Xiao Bai. How is it that you can still say that after all that's happened today?"

"Brother Bai, I must say, your devotion and faith towards leader Huang is really out of this world!!"

"Xiao Bai, no matter how loyal you are. Can't you tell from right and wrong?"

Some laughed at Xiao Bai and others spoke in contempt and mocked him for being a 'loyal subordinate'. They found it too ridiculous. Even at a time like this, Xiao Bai was still defending boss Huang. 

They all thought 'wasn't he being too subservient towards boss Huang?'

They were not in the mood to listen to Xiao Bai's ranting on how good boss Huang was. They were feeling too hungry to care. They only kept berating and mocking Xiao Bai.

"Ha... Brother Bai, give it a rest already. Why try so hard?"

"Face it. Boss Huang is in the wrong this time. So stop making a fool out of yourself. You're only making the situation worse!" 

"Uh-huh, uh-huh. Don't even try to explain. Cause we ain't buying it!!"

Xiao Bai stared at these people dumbfounded. Ah why can't they understand? Why?! 

Xiao Bai shook his head disappointingly. Since when did they become so stupid? This was serious. No wonder boss Huang wanted to take them out for training! Their IQ has been dangerously degraded!! He needed to fix them before boss Huang found out.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Since when did you guys IQ become so low? Did your hungry consume it? Why can't you all understand boss's intention?!"

Dead silence spread throughout the whole lobby. Everyone was speechless. Since when did this guy become so eloquent?

Seeing that no one was speaking, Xiao Bai happily continued his good lecture. "Can't you see that the boss was testing to see whether you can endure the urge of hunger? Boss is training us to see if we have what it takes to become stronger!"

They all began to look at each other and thought about whether or not this was true. 

However, it didn't take long for them to contemplate about it. It was a known fact that Huang Liuxing hated being weak and disliked any form of weakness. Whenever a person showed any kind of weakness in front of her, she would literally mince them with her words and lecture them how pathetic and sinful it was to show weakness. She didn't even spare her own people!

She always attacked where it hurt the most, just like how she fought her opponents her would make them experience the utter taste of defeat. That part of her was what made many gangs hate her. Her sharp yet eloquent tongue is what made her even more dislikable. Not a single word that came out of their boss's mouth was pleasant. 

But even after knowing that, they still followed Huang Liuxing... Because even though Huang Liuxing was like that, she was indeed a very strong and reliable person. She may not be likeable as a person. But she was definitely likeable as a leader. 

After thinking this, it began to make sense to everyone. Xiao Bai was also pleased to see the change in everyone's eyes. He had finally calmed them down and successfully managed to get them to think more rationally. 

But soon after everyone began to calm down, a rather unsatisfied and gloomy voice echoed across the lobby. 

"Hmph, you say that, but why does it seem to me that you are just covering the fact that what Huang Liuxing did is wrong?!"

The entire room froze. Huang Liuxing? Did someone just outright call boss Huang's full name?

Everyone became extremely nervous, someone among them called their boss by her full name! It was extremely disrespectful and rude for a subordinate to call a gang leader by their full name without the permission of the person themselves.

Which fool dared to brazenly show such disrespect?!

Xiao Bai glared at the crowd icily, "Which one of you said that? Come forward right now!!" 

Xiao Bai was so pissed right now. How dare that person call boss by her full name?! This was beyond acceptable! He had to found out who this person was and teach them a lesson.

"Hmph. Of course, it was me." Stepping forward away from the crowd with a smug face on her lips and eyes filled with mockery and contempt. Of course, who else could be?

Anyone would be able to figure it out.

It was Xiao Mei!

1