Ch 63. The Ice Lady
100 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Now, now… What should I do...?”

The Great Demon Lord of Eternity was resting her katana on her shoulder while muttering those unsoothing words.

Her cold eyes were scanning the scene, looking at each of us, searching for her next prey.

“You know, bird? If you had brought that ungrateful brat with you, we could have avoided this bloodshed…”

Phlum got up. She had the most serious expression I've ever seen on her face, and it was clear that she was nervous. She clearly didn't want to fight against this opponent, after all, this is by far, stronger than everyone we have fought until this point. She could be even stronger than our Lady. 

“Get ready for this… I’ll treat you all for dinner after we win!”

“I’m fired up! Let's have some fun! Fufu~”

“Guess I’ll have to fight too…”

“Isn't this the most anticipated fight, Onii chan?!”

“Y-You are right, let's do this!”

After those words, everyone got ready to fight. Kirwha’s fists were covered on fire and Fynx claws looked sharper than ever. This one is clearly a strong oponen, so we have to go all out. I readied my sword with those thoughts in mind.

“Do you really intend to fight me? You should just close your eyes and die…”

“I’m sorry, but we can't do that.”

“I thought that brat wanted to become a Demon Lord so no more of her friends would die. That's why I helped you, you know?”

“And we are really thankful for that! But now… Now we need to take you out!”

“You’ll never be a match for me, bird.”

Those two, or should I say three? (I mean, this Great Demon Lord of Eternity, my Lady and Phlum) surely  have a story between them that goes way back. However, the way they are talking right now feels as if that relationship doesn't matter at all in the incoming fight. No, I think that relationship is the reason why there's a fight about to happen in the first place.

“I know that. But I’m not alone!”

Phlum smiled after saying those words. Right when she had finished, Kirwha and Fynx charged at the Ice Lady, and before the blink of an eye, she had one of them on each of her sides.

However, right when they were about to strike her, they froze midair. It wasn't just them, again, everyone and everything went motionless. Even my heart had stopped beating.

The Ice Lady gracefully walked between them, with her katana still on her shoulder, until she was right in front of the immobile Phlum.

She hugged Phlum from her back and put her katana on Phlum’s neck, ready to finish her. She stood still for a while until she let out a long sigh before starting talking in her ear.

“That would be so boring... Maybe I should play a little before finishing you, my little bird? Pwhahaha~!”

She backed down a few steps, put her katana again on her shoulder and let out another long sigh, then, everything started moving again.

“Where did she go?!”

“Teleportation...? No...”

“Phlum, behind you!”

“Huh?!”

After hearing my words, Phlum threw a wind blade at her back, but since she didn't have enough time to aim her skill, she missed her target by quite a few meters.

“You’ll need to be better than that if you want to defeat me. I thought you already knew that!”

The Ice Lady looked pissed. It's not that we are taking her lightly, it's just that there's no way for us to do something about that cheating skill. Even worse, is the fact that it seems that I’m the only one noticing how that skill works.

Fynx looked straight into my eyes. Did she understood how her skill works? I know her, she knows that I figured something out, but I can't simply go and say it, or I’ll be my end. What should I do then?

I started looking through the room in order to figure something out. There was nothing useful, or so I thought until my eyes met <The Maggot>. She noticed that I was looking at her and she gave me back a puzzled expression.

“Do you still have that bag filled with food?”

“Uh!? Are you going to eat something in this kind of situation!?”

“Just give it to me!”

While we were having that kind of conversation, Phlum, Fynx, Kirwha and the Ice Lady were still fighting.

The Great Demon Lord was throwing ice lances towards Kirwha and Fynx. Both of them were striking them in order to keep on charging towards her target. But the income spells were so insane that they were about to be locked down in an ice cage.

Wind blades came out of Phlum’s wings and shattered the ice pillars that were surrounding the duo and freed them out.

“You need to move even faster!”

“Aye, sir! Fufu~!”

“Alright…”

The Ice Lady smirked after hearing those words. Was she having fun? No, she was supposed to have fun, she was supposed to smirk after hearing that her opponents still have hopes of winning a fight that was over before it started, she was supposed to feel those emotions, but she felt nothing, she felt nothing at all.

4