Ch 64. Total Defeat
87 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The thrill of the battle continued as the time passed by.

Ice spikes were constantly rising from the floor and clashing with Fynx’s claws and Kirwha’s fists. Both of them were clearly growing tired and frustrated, because each time they were close to land a hit on the Ice Lady, she simply appeared on the other side of the room, laughing at them.

The little girl who had her limbs pierced by ice lances, freed herself without help, and right now was peacefully sitting next to the crystal throne. Her wounds were no longer bleeding, instead, there were some shiny and tinny crystals made of frozen blood covering each of them.

Since she wasn't helping the Ice queen nor us, we simply ignored her. We had bigger problems in our hands right now.

“How is she…?”

“I don’t know! There's mana traces everywhere… I don’t understand what she is doing.”

“And how do we…?”

“The only thing I know is that this isn't something as simple as teleportation. But we’ll need to make her speak by ourselves… This is really interesting. Fufufu~!”

“I thought you were frustrated…”

“Of course I am! Now keep those fists moving, kid!”

“I'm not a… Whatever…”

Sadly, there was no way of explaining to them what was happening without putting myself in the danger line. However, the shattered ice and snow that were piling on the ground were about to be really useful.

However, there was something bugging me. It was as if she didn't really care about us knowing how her skill works. That's right, who cares? Even if they knew what was happening, what could they do?

However, if they don't know, there's no way for us to achieve victory. We had to do something.

“Bread, cookies, fruits…?! Aren't you simply taking everything out?!”

“Just everything that can be shattered. Now, help me!”

In the end, she was right. So we ended up putting everything inside of the bag again.

“What a relief, I thought you were to…”

“Now, Phlum. Spread it!”

Right when <The Maggot> was about to let out a sigh of relief, I threw the bag filled with food into the air and shouted at Phlum.

She understood what I was trying to do, and using her wind blades, she shattered the bag and its contents into thousands of pieces. Then, a gust of wind traveled around each inch of the floor, leaving behind a thin layer of crystal, food and snow.

That's right, even if you can't see something, you could see how it moves using this trick that I learned watching some old ghost movies.

“Do you really think that something like this would change anything? You should just abandon your hopes and die…”

Saying those words, the Ice Lady stopped everything again and started walking towards me with her Katana leaned on her shoulder.

To be more precise, she didn't start to walk straight at me, but her eyes were clearly fixed on mine. It felt as if she was looking at the most hidden places of my soul, and what's worse, was the fact that I couldn't look away.

When she was by Fynx’s side, she pierced her legs with her katana as naturally as she breathed. It was something so simple and so easy that it meant nothing to her. She continued walking, closing the distance between us.

She also pierces Kirwha’s and Phlum’s legs and wings before standing right in front of me.

“It's really weird to see an Outsider being a Mr. Nobody. No, even if you are a mere buttler, you are her butler… Should I correct my words then?”

She looked at me as if she was waiting for my response, however, there was no way for me to say something back, and she knew it. The dim silhouette of a smirk drawn on her face confirmed that theory.

The Demon Lord slowly put her katana against my throat.

“Should I let you talk, then?”

I could hear something heavy falling to the ground. It was the trio whose limbs were pierced by the Demon Lord’s katana.

“Onii chan!?”

“How did…?! Tsh, I can't stand up!”

“The ground… She walked?!”

“How…? Are you kidding me?!”

The Ice Lady laughed at those reactions. That's right, this battle was fixed from the start. There was no way for us to be victorious.

“It seems like I won. Sadly, I can't just kill you yet, right Beatrice?”

“Beatrice? I haven't heard that name in a while...”

A familiar voice talked from the entrance.

3