Ch 65. Clash of the Strongests
92 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The one standing at where the door used to be was the Demon Lord, our Demon Lord. Her long silver hair looked darker than usual in contrast with the Ice Lady’s and so did her clothes.

“I guess I’ll use your name too, Anastasia.”

“I can’t care less about it. After all, soon you’ll stop talking once for all.”

Our Demon Lord, Beatrice, whose name I’ve just found out, let out a long sigh and mover her right hand as if she was dusting of the air, at that moment, the crystals and ice that were on the floor melted and evaporated, leaving the floor with no trace of them.

“Are you trying to show off or something like that?”

“Of course not~! It's just that it would be a shame if I ended up winning because you tripped or something like that. Whakaka~!” 

“Mhmp!”

Suddenly, the Ice Lady was really close to where I was. She was ferociously charging while thrusting her katana, and sadly, I was right in the middle between her and her objective.

Before I could do or say anything, I was thrown into the air by an invisible force, and ended up landing where the girls were. No, they weren't in the same place from the start, they were also pushed to that point, in other words, we were reunited on purpose.

Their legs were severely hurt, but somehow, there was no blood coming out of them, however, it seems that they won't be able to stand up and fight. No, even if they were able to stand up, this is clearly a battle that they won't be able to join even if they wanted to.

Less than a second after that, we heard the loud and heavy sound of two pieces of steel clashing into each other with inhuman strength.

“It seems that you still have those godlike reflexes of yours…”

“You attacked my servants, now you'll pay, Ana!”

“They were hurt because they are weak and there's no room for the weaks in this world, you should already know that!”

The Ice Lady jumped back and looked at the rusty and old sword that was on my Lady’s hand. It woulndt be a mistake to call it a cursed sword, because I felt chills down my spine just by looking at it, and I could swear that there was a weird ominous aura surrounding the edge.

What's more mysterious about the sword, is that my Lady is not carrying a sword holster on her belt or anywhere that can be seen, and since I didn't see her unsheathing it or something like that, it feels as if she was able to manifest it on her hand at will.

“A cursed sword... I see. Are you trying to drain my mana or something like that? Unlucky for you, there's no sword in this world that would be able to eat one of my spells!”

“Why won't you try it, Ana~?”

“Tsh! You little brat…”

Anastasia looked extremely furious, while, on the other hand, Beatrice had a playful smile drawn on her face. Agh, that line felt awfully weird, I guess I’ll stick with the same naming sense that I was using before that…

The Ice Lady put her katana on her shoulder and I felt how everything stopped once more. No, that's not true, I felt as if everything was going to stop, but in the end, nothing happened. Now, the Ice Lady has one of her knees leaned on the floor, a painful expression drawn on her face, and she is clearly short of breath.

“How…?! How did you…?!”

She was so angry that it looked as if her eyes were covered by flames and sparks. Her pride had clearly been hurt, and she was even kneeling before her opponent. What's worse, was the fact my Lady hasn't done anything yet, she was just holding her sword.

“Oh, this~? This guy is a glutton, you know? I’ve been feeding him for years. Sadly, I cant use any magic while holding him... However, you better dont get cut by him, that won't be nice~”

It was so obvious that our Lady was mocking her that it hurt. It was so obvious, that it was no surprise that the Ice Lady fell for such a clear bait.

“Thats…! It doesn't matter, I’ll take you down, no matter what!”

The Ice Lady stood up and charged once more towards our Lady.

Both of them moved so fast that it was hard to follow them with sight, but the sound of the clashing steel was so constant and heavy that there was no doubt about the abilities of those two Demon Lords even if you couldn't actually watch them fight each other.

However, only the Ice Lady was taking the offensive. On the other hand, our Lady was just standing there, moving her sword in order to block every single strike, and with every block, the ground around her cracked and broke.

“This is…”

“This is clearly out of our league, right…?”

“Yeah…”

That's right, there was nothing we could do to help our Lady into that ferocious fight.

6