Ch 74. An Easy Quest…?
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's mysterious how tricky perspective could be. Even if we were able to see almost every corner of the city from the top of the hill we were before, once we arrived at our destination, we weren't even able to see even the closest corner.

It might have been due to how crowded the place was, or maybe because the city we were in was actually enormous, but there was an overwhelming feeling growing inside us.

“This is actually going to take a while, right?”

“W-Where should we start?!”

“There's no way… We are going to get lost…”

“Wait a minute, wasn't this supposed to be easy?!”

Everyone started complaining about what we came to do here. In fact, getting information about something is one of those things that are easier said than done. Even more, getting useful information about this huge and crowded city is going to take a while… Was Anastasia really trying to separate us from the rest of our crew? Well, there's no gain worrying about something like that. Right now, the sooner we start, the sooner we finish the job.

So, in order to start our tedious work, I gave my companions some instructions.

“All right, let's split for a while and then share our information.”

“A-Are you sure we should do that?”

“Y-Yeah, we might actually get lost…”

“Let's do that then.”

“Sounds fine for me~”

Of course, as anyone might expect, I got some split reactions, between the ones that were fine about my plan, and the ones that were worried about their own safety. However, we need to move fast, and since everyone wants to end this job soon, I decided to go with that line of thoughts.

“You know, if we go around as a whole group, we might end up catching the attention of someone. Besides, if we split, we’ll be able to find useful spoots sooner and then we might go to those places as a group.”

“Mhmm…”

“I'm not sure yet…”

“It's just going to be for a while, we’ll reunite when that bell starts to chime, at 1 pm right on that plaza.”

I said while pointing at the top of a clock tower that was almost fully covered by the buildings that were around us.

“Mhmm… Just for a while then.”

“Yeah, yeah. Also, try not to try not to catch attention, that way everything would go smooth as ice.”

“Okay…”

“Let's split then!”

Phlum shouted suddenly and started rushing towards a random direction. We saw her going away, frozen in our places due to her student reaction, until she was totally covered by the silhouettes of the passersby.

“I’ll take the other side then, those alleys seem interesting.”

“I’ll go look for plazas or places that have some trees or the likes. Maybe they can tell me something useful…”

While the rest of us were still thinking about where we should start looking for something interesting, Afallen called out to me and told me where she was going.

“Since we are splitting… There's a weird energy coming from there, a church maybe? I’ll go and take a look.”

“Don't get too close, it might be dangerous.”

“Don't worry, it's really weak.”

“Are you sure? Do you want me to tag along?”

“Can you…?”

Even if I couldn't, her expression and actions are so cute that it makes you want to protect her. Churches could be really dangerous places for us, Demons, so I decided to tag along with her.

“Yay! D-Does this count as a date~?”

“Of course not, you dummy. Whakaka~”

Even if we are going to a fixed destination, it's a long walk until we arrive there, so maybe we could take a little detour and turn this into a date? I  mean, it's a fact that everyone will do the same. It's our first time in a city like this, so there's a lot of distractions and new things to discover for young Demons like us.

Afallen was still happily walking with a big bright smile drawn on her face. She looked so cute and peppy that I couldn't help but mutter the words she was waiting to hear.

“Well, it won't be totally a date, but we could stop and eat something delicious, right?”

“You sure?! Yay~! Hahahaha~”

After hearing that, she stopped her happy and calm walk and changed it for a vivilly and joyful skipping. Was it truly the right thing to say? I’m not sure yet, but seeing her acting like that it's really worthwhile.

“Let's start our search for something delicious to eat while we walk to that church then.”

“Yesh! Let's do that! Hahahaha~”

“Yesh, you said. Whakaka~”

 

1