Ch 75. Perfect Looking Dessert
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It wasn't a long walk until we started noticing the flavory smell of the wide variety of food the stalls were cooking.

“W-What 's this?! I’ve never ever smelled something like this!”

“Whakaka~ It really smells interesting, right?”

“That's what Im sayin!”

We walked for a while, being guided by the wonderful smell that was reaching us, until we finally arrived into a main street that had stalls and restaurants on its both sides. There were a lot of people around, some of them were buying stuff to take to their homes or eat elsewhere, while some of them were just eating them right on the spot. There were even some of them who were eating stuff which clearly was from different stalls around the place.

Afallen was clearly excited, jumping from stall to stall, pointing out the stuff that they were selling and what made them different from the other stuff we have seen.

“Look, look! Those people are eating clouds!”

“Whoaa, that's right!”

Those were known as <Cotton Candy>, even when they looked more like a cloud than a cotton flower. Honestly, I can't understand Human’s naming sense.

We continued walking, but just a few seconds passed until something else caught Afallen’s attention.

“Those guys are eating ice, colored ice!”

“That's so weird!”

But there was no end to the variety of stuff they were selling, so again, just after a few seconds, Afallen was jumping and pointing towards the next stall.

“There's a spinning pig over those embers!”

“It smells really great, doesn't it?”

Not even the people walking around could avoid her gaze.

“Whoaaa! That thingy they are eating looks so sweet and beautiful!”

“Whakaka~ Calm down, Afallen.”

We continued walking around, looking at all the different stalls. Even if all of them had something that looked tasty, even if we are Demons, there's no way we could eat all of them. Luckly, we could always go to another Human city, so there was no haste to taste them all.

“You need to choose carefully, Afallen. Remember that this is just a detour, we still have stuff to do in this city.”

“I know, I know!”

No, even if she said that, she had clearly forgotten. I can see it clearly in her bright and sparkling eyes, she had totally forgotten  about our main objective here.

Seeing her like that, made me wonder if everyone was also being so irresponsible. There was a part, deep inside of me, that was actually starting to worry and wondering if splitting our team was the right call.

We walked a little bit more, until Afallen decided for the prey of our hunger. No, it doesn't feel like a choice, it was more as if her instincts had just entered into action. She froze in place and pointed at a stall with almost no customers that was selling a brand new dessert.

“Let's eat that!”

I looked to where Afallen was pointing, just to see a beautiful cup filled with layers made of ice cream, fruits and cookies.

“You might be right, that stuff looks perfect.”

We went into the store that was selling the mysterious dessert in order to buy a pair of them.

A small and cute girl who was clearly from a foreign country was the clerk in charge of selling stuff to the customers.

“We want a pair of those perfect looking sweets?”

“P-Parfet?”

“Yeah, they look wonderful! How are those called?”

“Called? Thosa are <Layered Ice Cram>.”

“Layered Ice cream? Such a dull name for such a perfect sweet...”

“Yeah, that's true, they look amazing! They do look perfect. However, that name…”

It couldn't be, right? Could it really be that the low amount of people here was simply because of the weird name of the stuff they were selling?

The girl had a thoughtful expression, as if she had just come up with a wonderful idea. Somehow, who could know why, she repeated the words we had just said.

“Parfet…”

“Yeah, yeah. Give us two Parfets. Whakaka~”

“Here, two Parfets~!”

She gave us our order with a bright smile drawn on her face. What a cute girl.

I couldn't knew it at that time, but that new sweet they were starting to sell, would end up being renamed as <Parfait>. It seems that the foreign girl liked the sound of the world perfect, however, she wasn't as good with the pronunciation. What a funny lass, don't you think?

 

----------

Ch 76 currently on Patreon and 77 on the making!

1