Ch 76. Promise
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After we ate our delicious dessert, we continued our journey towards the mysterious church.

It wasn't something easy to do, because, from time to time, Afallen’s attention got caught by some random stalls or people.
Until now, every Human we have met, was nothing more than just an enemy. However, this time, we weren't fighting them. We were trying to get every single bit of useful information, so, in order to achieve that, we need to behave as nicely as we can.

“Did you noticed that, Afallen?”

“It feels like some kind of ancient magic…”

The more we approached our destiny, the more we passed right next to some interesting spots. Each of them emanated a strange aura. An aura that had its own feelling of a weird mix of something sacred but at the same time forbidden energy.

“Could they be part of a seal?”

“A seal? Why would they…”

Afallen stopped her words. That's right, the only reason we came here to look at this spot was that the amount of sacred energy was weirdly low for something like a church. Especially, if we are talking of a church in a city as big as this one.

“... A trap…”

“Yeah, probably.”

I looked around as discreetly as I could. Most of the people around were church affiliated, and what's worse, most of them had their gazes fixed on us.

The church was awfully big compared to what we were expecting based on the levels of energy we felt. It was so big that it could almost compete with Anastasia’s castle. We couldn't say it for sure, but it was clearly one of the most importants churches of this city.

For us, Demons, who have been continuously running and fighting exorcists, monks and priests, along with holy soldiers, seeing a church like that was totally nerve wracking.

“It seems that we already fell for it.”

“W-What should we do?! I don't wanna die!”

Afallen clinged to my arm while saying those words on an exalted murmur. However, due to her eccentric personality, I couldn't tell if she was going with the flow, or if she was actually scared by our current situation.

No, she was actually really scared, she was only trying to bright up our fateful situation. That's understandable, I must say that seeing all these troops around us gets me on my nerves, but I’ll never say something like that to anyone.

“Dont worry about it, they can't do anything in this broad daylight. However…”

“However?”

“Don't worry about it. Let's keep walking.”

“O-Okay!”

We passed right by the side of many of the church soldiers, until we got out of that dangerous place. Right after that, we started walking aimlessly in between the alleys that were nearby. I hate to admit it, but once again, we were hiding and running from the church.

“Are we…?”

“Yeah, if they followed us, it’ll be a problem, so we need to lose them.”

“R-Right!”

None of us said a word, we just limited ourselves to keep on walking aimlessly through the alleys, making even more intense the stressful aura that was surrounding us.

We walked around until it was almost the meeting time. It was at that moment that Afallen broke the silence.

“Did we lose them?”

“It seems like that. But they already know that we are here, we’ll need to be really careful from now on.”

“Yeah… I wonder how everyone is doing…”

A shiver fell down my spine when she said those words. If the church already knows about us two, it is really possible that they end up finding the rest of our group while looking for us.

However, we haven't heard any uproar or something that could be attributed to a fight between the church and a member of our party. So I ended up thinking that everyone was safe.

However, now that I think about it, that line of thought was actually really childish. After all, the church wants to exterminate every single Demon, not just a few of them. I really wish I could tell that to the young me.

At the end, having lost our persecutors and with the unjustified certainty that everyone else was also safe, we decided that we should go to our meeting point just as we had planned.

“I know that we should maintain a low profile, even more after what just happened, but I’d like to eat one of those Layered Ice Creams with everyone else.”

“I’m sure they’d love that, specially Phlum! Whakaka~”

“Should we do that, then?!”

“Yeah, let's do that once things calm down.”

“Promise?”

“Yeah, yeah, promise. Whakaka~”

1