Ch 84. A Fateful Encounter…?
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As normal, I was wandering through the Demon Lord’s castle hallways. It was nothing important, I had simply decided to spend a little bit of my free time walking around to ease my thoughts.

However, since life can't be that simple, and since  we are talking about the Demon Lord’s castle corridors, right when I was about to walk though one of the multiple joints between corridors, I ended up being engulfed by an aqueous and dense mass, a light blue and translucent mass.

“Huh?!”

“...”

“Oh! It seems like I’ve catch a citie little pet~”

“...!”

I tried to talk, but since I was inside of her liquid body, I ended up swallowing a considerable amount of herself. Of course, Verónica noticed and pushed me out of her with a bashful expression drawn on her face.

“W-What are you doing so suddenly?!”

Wait, does it mean that it’ll be fine as long as I give her some time to prepare her mind. No, before that…

“Sorry, I was about to drown, you know?”

Well, that's true, but that's not the actual reason why I ended up swallowing more than a mouthful of her body.

“L-Long time no see…”

“Yeah, that's right, how have you been, Verónica? As far as I can tell, you are as tasty as always.”

“...!”

Normally, she has a confident and condescendant personality to the ones around her, but somehow, she ends up being a really bashful Slime girl when you start harassing her. Of course, I’m not encouraging anyone to harass any Slime girl, I’m just telling how things actually are.

“T-That's not something you should bluntly say to a lady, you know?!”

“Then, should I take you out for dinner first? Haha.”

Of course, seeing someone like her react like that to every single word or gesture I made, encouraged me to keep on teasing her a little bit longer, however…

“W-Will you…?”

“Huh…?”

An unexpected answer came out of her mouth.

She wasn't even looking at me, her eyes were fixed on the ground between us, but somehow, she had gathered the courage to take my offer and go out to dinner with me.

Unexpectedly, another bigger problem has appeared in front of me right now: Where should I take out a Slime girl for dinner?

Wait, does she even eat?

I looked at her and her body, but I couldn't gather the courage to ask a cute girl like her something like that.

We ended up deciding the hour of our meeting, so until then, I had some time to find a decent answer to the questions that were eating my head.

Sadly, even in this kind of setting, I couldn't find a decent answer, so I ended up deciding that I’ll take her to an improvised picnic out there, in the Demon Lord’s castle fields.

I prepared the food, nothing special, just some sandwiches and fruit juice. It was humble, but it was an honest job, after all, I prepared everything.

When we met, she was looking as slippery as always, but there was a little detail that was different from when we met this morning: There was a cute red ribbon tied on her hair.

“That ribbon really suits you, it matches the color of your eyes.”

“T-Thanks…”

We silently walked to our destination. Could it be that my flirtatious compliment was dull? Nah, maybe she didn't hear it well. Yes, that must be the reason.

We arrived at an opening in the surrounding forest that was filled with white little flowers and sat in the middle. The place was actually really peaceful and it had this kind of magical aura filling the air.

We cheerfully talked for a while, until I decided it was time to eat something, so I took the sandwiches and juice out of the basquet, however…

I wish I'd never done that, because there are no words to explain what happened next.

No, it's not an exaggeration, honestly, I still can't understand how it happened, but when I regained my senses, all the surrounding flowers were dead.

The forest opening had turned into something like a desert, filled with ashes, and in the middle, right in front of me, was a cute Slime girl caressing her lips as if she had just finished eating the most delicious dessert of the world.

“That was actually an explendid dinner. I never thought there would be a place full of this wonderful mana so near to the castle. I'm truly grateful.”

“D-Don't worry…?”

“As a thanks…”

The mysterious and terrifying Slime girl approached me and kissed the top of her finger before putting it in the top of my lips.

“W-What…?”

“See you latter, little pet~”

She said while giving me a wink with a smiling face before walking away.

Could it be that I'm the one being teased now?

I fell on my back, in the middle of a glade full of dead flowers.

2