Chapter 81: Levels
412 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The teacher was older than Horác. Belinda only saw him for a short time and she was dragged away. Horác didn’t even give her the chance to say a word. She didn’t even know his name.

In the practicing field, there were a little more than 30 students. Belinda saw those familiar faces who trained with her every day during the previous year and sighed. At least she didn’t suffer alone.

„Good morning, everyone!” Pedró appeared suddenly. „I’m glad to see that you guys as persistent as always. Sorrowfully I can’t accompany you every day. The new students arrived and they’ll need special training. I’ll teach you some move and the other teacher will look after you guys.”

Before Belinda didn’t paid too much attention to it, but now Pedró mentioned it and she remembered. That time they visited the practicing field during the afternoon, that’s why they could met with Pedró. She started her training later, but even after that, there was a time he disappeared for 2 weeks.

They didn’t care if Pedró was there or not, they trained every morning. Belinda didn’t exercise recently and she became tired easily. Gladly, in the first 3 months, Bertold didn’t give her special training. Horác told her that he was in seclusion. He was close to the 9th level.

During this time Belinda successfully broke through and reached the 3rd level. It didn’t make her happy. This level was separated into 2 parts. It needed 2 times of the previous energy to reach the next level and she needed to go through another breakthrough in the middle. From now on just energy wouldn’t be enough, she needed realization to destroy those inner barriers. Just the thought gave her a headache. She didn’t want to think about how many inner breakthrough Bertold needed to reach the 9th level...

Until the 5th level, anyone could cultivate without problems, but Horác told her it’s better if she took it slowly. It would make her cultivation base stable and she would be able to form her golden core with lesser problems. A lot of students made errors on this point and they lost their chance to reach the 6th level.

Belinda followed his instructions without complaint. She never intended to become the best. That was the role of the main character in novels. She knew that her wish to be low-key was already destroyed by Horác. Gladly, she didn’t have outstanding talent, so slowly most of the students stopped to pay attention to her.

From Gregori, she heard about the principal chose 5 students to fight for the disciple position. This wasn’t the first time it’s happened. Every year there were some candidates. They needed to go through a lot of tests and their number slowly reduced. After so many years, the principal still wasn’t able to find a suitable one.

Belinda was glad she wasn’t chosen. She spent her days concentrating on her training and didn’t care about the other things in the academy.

She created some water spells and tried to control the yin energy to turn it into ice. It was possible, but it needed too much time. In a fight, she couldn’t use it.

After Bertold came back they spent every afternoon to train. Her swordplay was special, so they needed to change some skills to become suitable for her. Bertold was good in sword skills. He created new ones easily and patiently taught Belinda. Sometimes they became so focused, they spent the whole night training.

Belinda never thought that she could become used to this kind of life. She trained every day and only slept on the 3rd night. Sometimes Horác took her away to learn other things too. Her memory was better and a lot of books she only needed to read once to memorize it. Her days were so full, she didn’t even realized, the 2nd year ended and only the final exams left.

On the first day, they needed to write a test about herbs and demonic beasts. It wasn’t that hard and Belinda finished it after 3 hours.

On the second day, they got a random opponent from their class. It wasn’t a real fight. They just needed to attack 3 times, then defend 3 times. The teachers wanted to see their spells and skills.

Belinda’s opponent was a boy she didn’t even remember. He used a soil wall to stop her attacks, but it used up his energy and he couldn’t counterattack. The teachers just shook their heads and let them pass.

They had another 2 months break, so Belinda ran to the library and borrowed some good books.

She summoned her cat servant. It was able to stay for 3 hours. Belinda wanted to give it a good name, but she didn’t know its gender. She reread some related books and found out the servants would follow their masters’ wishes and got their gender after the naming. Knowing this, Belinda named it Lucia. After getting a name, the cat lit up and turned back into a soul fragment. It became double as strong as before and the next time she summoned her she disappeared after 5 hours. The most surprising thing was that she wasn’t transparent anymore. She wasn’t different than a real cat.

Belinda enjoyed reading and playing with Lucia. Sometimes Bufy joined them, but it was almost eaten once and after that, it always hid when the cat was summoned.

One day the door was suddenly opened and Belinda looked up confusedly. She saw Horác smiling at her and turned back to her book.

„It’s enough! You can’t spend all your free time in your room!” he walked in and took away the book. „Prepare yourself, we are leaving the academy!”

„... Where?” she asked but wasn’t interested.

Bertold stepped into her room and watched the cat. „When did it become so strong?”

„... Some days before, after I named her.”

„Ah, it seems after some months it can ’born’.” Horác eyes lit up. „We need to go out and find a suitable place for it!”

I thought a lot about what kind of event to write in the second year... But most of them will be sutiable when they are older, so I skipped it. Sorry for the delay!

16