Chapter 80: The continents
532 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning Belinda went to the library. On the third floor, she found the history books. She watched them with shining eyes.

After 3 days she regretted it. Almost all be books were about the sects. Who founded it, where their territories were, how they fought for fame or got completely annihilated. Those sects’ books that still existed ended with the ’to be continued’ phrase.

Belinda lay on the table. It wasn’t at all what she wanted to know. Where was the information about the legendary beasts and their treasures? What about the other continents? And the thing she was most confused about she didn’t find any information about demonic cultivators. They didn’t exist?! She couldn’t believe it! They were always the biggest enemies of the cultivators and fought a lot of time.

After 2 more days she found a little book and she finally understood everything. It wasn’t that they didn’t exist, they just lived on another continent. All the demons and demonic cultivators were far away, separated by thousands of kilometers across the ocean. That’s why they never had any war...

The book mentioned the dragon’s family too. On another continent, they had their own kingdom. The other countries were controlled by the phoenixes, centaurs, fairies, unicorns, griffins and other big beasts.

Belinda felt that this continent was really interesting. So many legendary beasts lived there and the humans didn’t mind their control over them. Sorrowfully there wasn’t too much information about them.

One more place was mentioned what was related to the undead and souls. There the humans worked hard to became exorcists.

After reading the whole book Belinda closed it and sighed. She didn’t feel that she read about this world’s other continents but different worlds. The difference was too big! Believing in other things and living a completely different life... It was like someone separated them with a purpose. At least this way there wouldn’t be big wars and no one would force them to change their belief.

Belinda had a funny idea. Maybe outside there’s a continent with just ordinary humans living similarly like the humans on the Earth she knew.

She placed back the books to their places and left. The continents didn’t communicate with each other, so finding more information was impossible.

She went down to the second floor and went to find some good novels. She was done with her homework so now it was time to live for her hobby!

Belinda chose some books that seemed to be good and went back to her room. With every breakthrough, her memory became better and she could read faster. And she still had her candies! With them, she didn’t need to sleep every night.

Days passed while Belinda enjoyed reading books. One morning she confusedly looked up when she heard the doorbell.

She went to open the door and saw the angry Horác.

„Two whole months! You didn’t visit me or did any training! What kind of punishment do you want?!”

„... Hey, take it easy! I’m just a kid, sometimes I need a break too!” Belinda felt annoyed. She was forced to train 10 whole months and only touched books when she needed to learn something. She was sure the second year wouldn’t be different, so why couldn’t she do what she wanted?

„You caused so much trouble to me and a lot of poisons in my lab were destroyed. You didn’t even come to compensate me!” he was still angry.

Belinda thought about it and took out a big bag from her space. „Here 1000 fruit candies. You said that before you will find someone to sell them. Later I will refine more, so the money for this pack can be yours.”

When she finished a book her thoughts ran wild. To calm herself down, she sat down to refine candies. After a while she was able to refine 10 candies in 30 seconds and if she wanted all of them would have different shapes.

Horác looked into the bag and was amazed. He could see from the candies Belinda’s control over her internal energy grew a lot during the break. Before he tried to stop her to change the candies’ shapes, but it could help her to grow faster her power.

He looked at her again and felt that she was close to breaking through to the 3rd level and finally calmed down. At least she didn’t stop cultivating.

They went to eat breakfast together. It was the first day of the school year and a lot of students were around.

„You don’t need to go to welcome the new students?” Belinda suddenly remembered, but she wasn’t sure if they come on the first day or not.

„What? You already bored of me? You can rest assured, you won’t be that lucky to get rid of me. There are a lot of teachers, we only need to teach in every 3rd year.”

„Really? But aren’t the other teachers specialized in something?”

„And my specialty is poison! You think I’m enjoying teaching kids?!” Horác was angry. „The first and second year have different teachers. I’m going to see your new teacher and tell him you will train every day so he doesn’t need to wait for you!”

Belinda was shocked. She didn’t think her second year would be the same as the first. Training every day and learning during the night. She looked up at the sky and sighed. Her favorite novels would be separated from her again.

They walked to the building and the students around them started to whisper. Belinda’s face darkened. There would be another gossip about her on the next day!

Once Gregori asked her what she did during the afternoons. She told him she went thought hard training and learning and he laughed. He told her there was a gossip that said that she lived an easy life because Horác didn’t force her to learn and the other teacher didn’t dare to test her knowledge. Belinda really wanted to pry open those kids’ heads. What did they think? How could her cultivation grow if she didn’t do anything?!

22