Chapter 79: First year’s end
402 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Belinda was frightened and nodded. She could understand her situation wasn’t good.

They heard loud cries and the tubes and the glasses on the tables were broken.

„Stop, pixies!” Horác roared, but it didn’t stop them.

Belinda was desperate. „Be good! If you guys want to get fruits in the future you need to promise you’ll never steal anything from now on!”

The breaking suddenly stopped and they heard another loud cry. It was as if they accepted the deal.

Horác sighed. „See? It only causes more problems.”

„I’m sorry!” Belinda lowered her head. Those pixies were so cute and liked sweets so much. She never thought they would be so problematic.

Horác threw out Belinda and went to clean up his laboratory. He wasn’t that angry, but he knew how dangerous those poisons were.

In the morning the first year student’s results were published in front of the teacher’s dormitory. They didn’t need to wait for the others, once they went there they could see their place and got their points from a teacher.

Belinda went there. She was surprised to get the 248th place with 19 points. She watched the list and saw that the points rose really slowly, with 31 points there were almost 40 students. It was the same until the top 18. Their points jumped with bigger differences. The 19th had 42 points, but the 18th had 46.

Belinda watched the first. The guy was called Gara and had 84 points...

  I never heard about him. It seems some people hid too deep, but why jumped out so suddenly? Frame? Or the prize? But no one knows what it will be...

Belinda turned around and went to get her payment for the herbs she collected. Her eyes shined when she saw the 700 points that were transferred to her card. She could buy some trees!

She wanted to go to the garden but met with Bertold. He only signed with his eyes and walked away.

Belinda sighed and followed him. They went back to the dormitory. This time when she went into Bertold’s room she didn’t feel anything. She sat down at the table.

This time Bertold prepared tea. He drank it slowly and watched Belinda.

She drank a little then put down the cup. „So can you tell me what the meaning behind the field practicing was? I can guess some part of it, but doing it this way was really mean.”

„Why? Your life is your responsibility.”

Belinda rolled her eyes. She knew it was a stupid idea to ask him, but she didn’t want to go back to Horác.

„Then can you tell me, why Horác didn’t follow the others and gave me tasks as learning those things?”

Bertold was confused. „Didn’t you intend to read those books? He just let you get some points for it.”

Belinda was speechless. It was true, she really wanted to read those books. She wanted to know what would await her in the forest. She didn’t wish to die without knowing what caused her death.

„As a cultivator, you can’t depend on others.”

Belinda watched Bertold’s serious face. She could understand his reasons. Even in a sect, the members could betray each other for some benefit. The world always was and would be corrupt.

There was a thing Belinda never understood in cultivation’s novels. They mentioned that the immortals gave up their human feelings, then where did their hatred and envy come from? Those feelings were deeper or from the very beginning never belonged to humans?

Belinda fell deep into her thoughts but couldn’t find a reasonable answer. Some questions doomed to be never answered.

„Um, Bertold. Do you know what caused those students to get so many points?” her eyes shined and she threw far away her other questions.

Bertold was stunned and tried to remember what he heard. „Oh, the principal’s disciple.”

„What?! He had one?!”

„No... He intends to accept one.”

„Oh.” So he will choose someone from my class after seeing their results. So that’s why those 18 went so far to win. „But wasn’t this against the rule? It wasn’t announced, yet they knew it...”

„No. Getting hidden information was part of the test. But it didn’t mean the winner will be one of them. The principal position not something that anyone can inherit.”

„So who do you think the most suitable?”

Bertold looked at her. „The commander of the pixies.”

Belinda’s head almost hit the table. „Please don’t kidding with me! I didn’t do it on purpose! Really!”

„... The pixies left there by the founder. They only listen to that person, so for them to go so far for you it’s the evidence you are suitable for the position.”

„Then just let someone feed them with fruits and become the next principal. Thank you!”

Belinda stood up and left. She didn’t intend to continue this meaningless talking.

Bertold looked at the closed door his eyes darkened and slowly murmured a paragraph from an old notebook. „When that person becomes interested in someone will send a butterfly to follow them....”

Belinda went to the garden. This time no one stopped her, but she had a dilemma. She wanted to buy a banana tree but its cost was 900 points. She still missed 2! She looked around to find a way to get the missing points. She saw some students selling herbs and she remembered, she still had those she didn’t give out at the end of the training. She sold them and happily bought a bonus apple tree.

She put away the trees and happily went back to her room. She didn’t notice the seller looked after her. The student felt helpless. It was good to sell those trees, but where could it be planted? The students only had their room as their territory.

After Belinda went back to her room, she went into her space and planted the trees. She collected the other fruits and happily counted them. She rubbed together her palms and laughed foolishly. There were no more classes or training. Finally, she could spend 2 whole months with her favorite books.

21