Chapter 78: Robbery
492 6 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Belinda went back to her room. She finally could have a good rest. She opened the door, but after some seconds she slammed it.

She watched her card and the number on the door. She was in the right place, it couldn’t open the wrong one.

She took some deep breaths and opened the door again, then closed it right away.

She turned away and went to find Horác. She still wished to take a bath, but she didn’t dare to enter her room.

When she reached Horác’s laboratory she went into the bathroom and used the cleaning array. Once she felt refreshed she walked out. Only then did she realize Horác wasn’t alone.

„Welcome back, kid! I see you are bolder than before.” Horác smiled at her meaningfully.

„Good evening, teachers!” she nodded to them.

Timur only glared at her for a second and turned back to Horác. „So are you know anything or not?”

„Just how many times will you ask me? My answer still the same.”

Belinda sat down in the corner and poured a cup of tea for herself.

„Before the robbery happened, it was your students who had a fight with Zotmund! Who else can it be?”

Belinda almost dropped the cup from her hand. She put it down and sat closer to the corner. She wished to became a bean and disappear.

„Really! You know it’s impossible to break into any of the academy’s rooms! It never ever happened!”

„Then what do you think, how those things disappeared?”

„Who knows?” Horác shrugged his shoulder. „Maybe the pixies take it away.”

They heard something hit the wall and their quarrel stopped. They turned to Belinda and saw her hugging her legs and tried to merge into the wall.

„Do you see? You frightened my students so much! Can’t you finally leave me alone?!” Horác was angry.

Timur sighed and stood up. „We continue it next time.” then he left.

„You are not welcomed!” Horác shouted after him and slammed the door.

The laboratory turned silent. Belinda slowly let go of her legs and sat properly.

Horác went back to his chair and drank a cup of tea. „I heard that Bertold fought with Zotmund because of you.” he said after a while. „Not to mention on the 3rd day you summoned Marina and she punished Zotmund because he wanted to peep on the girls.”

Belinda nodded. It was the truth, she couldn’t hide it.

Horác shook his head. „After Zotmund came back he found his room empty! Only the furniture left! He said that it was Bertold, but everyone knows only the owner can open the door. Even if you steal the card you can’t use it. Haa, a bunch of idiots!”

Belinda scratched her head. „Maybe you are right...”

„Right? In what way?” Horác was confused.

Belinda sighed and stood up. She placed a plate on the floor and put some fruits on it.

Horác was stunned. He heard a cry then the fruits were eaten in some seconds.

Belinda looked at him helplessly.

Horác laughed out loud. He understood it without a word.

The pixies’ existence was a legend because no one was able to see them. They could go in anywhere and take away anything. Usually, it’s just some unnecessary things that disappear so they didn’t care about it.

„Bruhahaha! You are the best! I can’t believe, you feed them until they become your loyal servants!” Horác held his stomach. It hurt from the laughing.

Belinda’s face darkened. It wasn’t her intent.

A tube with Horác’s newest project slowly moved on the table.

„I’m sorry! I’m sorrrry! Please spare it!” he suddenly jumped over and grabbed it. He couldn’t believe he almost became a victim too.

Belinda shrugged her shoulder. She really didn’t do anything. Those pixies thought that it’s their responsibility to take revenge on everyone who dared to say or did anything bad.

„You are really the worst...” Horác caressed the tube in his hand.

„So can you help me? My room is full with Zotmund’s things...” Belinda was helpless. She didn’t care if there weren’t a lot of ’toys’. She couldn’t believe Zotmund was so perverted...

Horác could imagine what things were in her room too. „Okay, but what will be my payment?”

„... You can have the money after you’ll sell them.”

„You think those things have any value? They are used! Who will buy them?!” Horác’s face darkened.

„Who knows, maybe there are some treasures. I don’t think he will search for it if it’s just those toys...”

„That can be...” Horác suddenly became interested to see the items.

Belinda gave him her card and went to sleep in Horác’s bed. It was already dark outside, so Horác could move freely.

He stood in front of the door and looked back to Belinda. Seeing she used his bedroom without a second thought Horác felt amused. He never thought here would be anyone who would treat his laboratory as their second home.

He smiled and went to clean up her room.

The next morning, Belinda happily walked out of the room. She had a good dream.

Horác, on the other hand, lost his spirit. He looked out of the window and didn’t even have the energy to drink his tea.

„Good morning!” Belinda greeted him.

He slowly turned back. „You need to compensate me... My worldview is broken! I never thought kids nowadays can use those things! My thoughts are dirty! I can’t marry anymore!” he sobbed.

Belinda was stunned. She only saw some of them for a short time. She knew there were perverted things, but for her modern thinking it wasn’t that vulgar, but for the ’always living in his lab’ Horác it was too much.

„What did you do with them?” she asked.

„Destroy them. What else?”

„Did you find any useful thing?”

„... Yes, but I destroyed it too. It was a copy of an old forbidden spell. I can understand why he wanted to get it back that badly.” he looked at her. „It’s better if you forget that those things were in your room even for a second! And stop feeding those pixies! If this happens again, who knows what they’ll steal! I can only protect you in the academy! Once you leave, you are alone!”

24