Chapter 77: Points
402 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning Belinda left the team alone. She was sure no one wanted to team up with her and she didn’t intend too. For her, it was better this way. The others’ knowledge were too little and she didn’t want to look after them. She still saw Gregori packed up his things and left. He had the same idea.

She read about some 4th level beasts and herbs that were in this forest. In the first 3 days Zotmund evaded those territories, but she wanted to find at least one of those herbs.

Belinda’s sense of direction was good, but she still ended up walking around aimlessly.

Sometimes she ran into other teams and changed her route before they met.

Days passed and Belinda collected some herbs. Her points were more than 20, but she didn’t find the ones she looked for. She learned to feel the difference between students’, herbs’, and beasts’ presence. Sorrowfully her level was low and wasn’t able to feel the beasts one level higher than her.

On the sixth day, she reached a place where the air was different. She walked carefully and looked around. When she didn’t felt the presence of other beasts she was sure she found the right place. It was the territory of a 4th level beasts. Now she only needed to find out if it was guarding a 4th level herb or not.

After some minutes Belinda reached a place where she found the trace of a fight. Damaged ground, some cut on the trees, and dried blood here and there. One could see it was a desperate fight.

Belinda sighed. She didn’t think some students would be so bold. Maybe some of them teamed up, but if they read the books they could know a 4th level beast’s wisdom had a big difference compared to the lower ones.

She walked around. Hoping she could find some herbs left behind. She felt a stronger presence and followed it. It made her confused, but she really found it, the 4th level herb. It was under some thorny bushes.

Belinda didn’t care about her hands being hurt. She happily dug it out. It wasn’t a valuable one, but she didn’t understand why they left it behind. The other students really didn’t care about the herbs?

She continued her search and saw something red behind a rock. She carefully walked over and was shocked. It was Aurél. She was comatose and lay on her stomach.

Belinda turned her on her back. Her face was bloody. She wiped it off with her hands and saw a wound on her forehead. Her other injuries weren’t that serious. She took out some primary healing pills and fed her with one.

Belinda wanted to clean her, but she didn’t have too much water. She remembered a spring not far from them and went there.

After 5 minutes Belinda came back but Aurél disappeared. She walked around confusedly. She didn’t find any trace if Aurél left on her own or was taken away. Belinda knew the teachers didn’t let them have any accidents, so she left to continue her journey.

She didn’t realize, a little farther away, on a tree, something watched her with resentment and unwillingness.

On the last day, Belinda happily put away her tent. She only needed to go back to the place where they entered into this sealed forest. It was the closest place to the academy, so she just needed to climb a tree and see where the buildings were.

She checked the way and happily left. She had 28 points worth of herbs, so she didn’t intend to collect anything else. She didn’t kill any beasts because she didn’t think it was necessary. The monsters were too peaceful in this forest.

After lunch, she met with other students. This time she didn’t hide, but she didn’t go too close to them. Maybe they were kids, but she couldn’t know if any of them had a black heart and would take away her things.

She saw Aurél. She was in good health and walked alone.

Belinda shook her head. She was sure, she didn’t noticed someone helped her. She looked around to find Gregori and didn’t pay more attention to her.

She saw the other boys and girls from her team. She walked over to them.

Gregori walked behind her and wanted to scare her, but Belinda noticed him and stepped aside.

Gregori embarrassedly laughed. He was dirty and tired but his eyes were shining happily.

„Hey, pal! How was your hunt? I even killed a 3rd level beast!...” he spoke excitedly about his fights. „In the end, I have 32 points!”

„Really? I have 30!” Kleon said.

While they spoke the others walked over.

Ciceró: „25!”

Domán: „Haha, mine 26!”

Fatima: „16.”

Szalvia: „12.”

Naómi: „21.”

Dárius: „Not fair! Mine just 17...”

Belinda’s smile froze on her face. „...19.” I thought mine wasn’t too much, yet they have lesser points! I don’t want to stand out too much!

„I thought you have more points.” Gregori was surprised.

„Haha, I wasn’t that lucky after I left...” she said embarrassedly.

The boys showed off their honorable scars and spoke endlessly about their fights.

They reached the meeting place and the teachers were waiting for them.

„Good job, guys!” Pedró praised them. „Almost everyone was able to hold out until the end! I know all of you are tired, but hold on a little longer. We go back and register your result. After that, you are free for the next 2 months!”

The kids cheered up and walked faster. In no time they went back to the academy.

In front of the gate, there were some tables. The students placed there their spoils. The teachers wrote down their points and took the things away. Later they would get points for them.

The lines went fast and Belinda was the next. She placed part of her herbs on the table.

„This is all?” the teacher watched her with sharp eyes.

Belinda’s body froze and she sweated. She nodded somehow and the teacher finally looked away.

„19 points. It can be better.” he murmured.

Belinda nodded again and ran away. She forgot those teachers watched them, so they could know how many herbs she found...

16