Chapter 82: Traveling
374 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

„Suitable place?” Belinda was afraid it would be more troublesome than she thought.

„Yes! It needs a lot of water energy to form its body. And we need to prepare some other things too.” Horác clapped. „It’s perfect! I wanted to take you out to see Cavatory city and now we can use this trip to get information.”

„... I really need to go?”

„Don’t you want your cat to become a legendary beast?”

Belinda sighed. Horác helped her a lot of times, so she knew if she didn’t practice he wouldn’t do it either. He didn’t let her become spoiled. Belinda didn’t mind it, but sometimes she wished to stay out of those things.

She put away the books. As the library’s assistant, she could take back the books whenever she wanted. She didn’t know how long they would be away, so now she was happy, she wouldn’t need to pay a penalty after she returned the books.

Most of her things were in her space, but she still walked around the room to see if she forgot something she needed.

„Let’s go! If you need something we can buy it. I sold a lot of candies and saved up your money.” Horác was impatient. They only had half an hour before the transportation array was activated.

„Okay. I have around 4000 candies, we can sell that too.” she still looked around one more time. „I need some clothes...” she murmured.

Bertold didn’t say anything the whole time, just hugged Lucia and played with her. He was curious to see how a legendary beast was born.

They went to the transportation arrays and waited for the appointed time. Belinda didn’t need to register. Horác already used Bertold’s spare card. Belinda didn’t like it. This way they could register her for things she didn’t want to do. She wished to destroy that card but couldn’t do anything. She felt powerless and only hoped it wouldn’t happen again in the future.

After a while, a student came out and counted the students. After he was sure everyone was present a teacher activated the array. There were almost 100 students and they slowly walked through the gate.

Belinda stepped through and she was shocked. It was the same feeling when you walk and didn’t see there’s a stair in front of you and you fell down. Gladly, Horác was next to her and she grabbed his clothes. She didn’t fell, but the man laughed at her.

„You are frightened so easily!”

„... Next time told me and I will be prepared!”

„Why? It’s not your first time using a transportation array. Do you already forget it?”

„That time we didn’t use gates!” Belinda was angry. Even if she just saw it in the memories she knew the two were different. She was sure, it would give a different feeling.

They appeared on a meadow in the middle of a forest.

Belinda looked around. „Where are we?”

„Halfway.” Bertold said. „The city is in another closed world, so we can’t go there straight.” he pointed on the other side of the meadow. „There’s another array and we’ll go with other immortals. The city opens its gate once a week, so we need to wait for a little.”

Belinda was speechless. She just realized Bertold held Lucia in his arms the whole time. It was funny to see a big man with a kitten, but they had the same blue eyes and it somehow made it cute.

Remembering about the cat identity, she looked at Horác.

„It’s okay. Her presence the same as other pets, so if she doesn’t disappear suddenly, no one will find it out.” he comforted her.

Belinda nodded and turned back. They walked over to the next array. She watched the women and men and saw different symbols on their shoulders. She saw some of them in the library and knew they were the symbols of the sects.

Some of them stood in groups and spoke with the others, but they slowly stopped and paid attention to the students. They hoped to see some kids from their sects, but in the end, all of their eyes stopped on Horác. Before he didn’t leave the academy for years, but nowadays he appeared almost every month. They were really interested to know what caused this change.

Belinda felt their eyes on her body and her face darkened. There were too many malicious intends between them and she felt sick. She stepped aside, but her arm was grabbed.

„Don’t leave my side! This is not the academy!” Horác warned her.

Belinda knew he was right and stood behind him. In the academy, even if she was alone no one dared to hurt her, but the immortals in front of them were so much older and went through a lot of fight. Maybe they weren’t the opponent of Horác, but if any of them had hatred against him and didn’t care about their own life, they could kill her easily before Horác could reach.

Belinda’s body shook from the thought. She hoped she just thought too much.

A young woman walked over to them. „Hello, Horác! Long time no see! My sister always speaks about you. She misses you so much!”

Horác politely smiled but didn’t speak. He was too used for these unknown volunteered lovers’ appearance out of nowhere.

The woman realized it and turned her attention to Belinda. „What a cute little boy! I didn’t know you found another student who is immune to your poison!”

  You didn’t know, my ass! Didn’t you just tell every necessary information in one sentence?! Do you fear the others don’t know it yet?!

Belinda was furious. She could see that this woman was the worst. Those playful eyes... She wanted to see a good show and the protagonist would be their group!

Bertold suddenly stood next to her and placed Lucia in her arms. „Her nails are too long. We need to find a pet shop and let them cut it.”

Belinda was confused and looked up at him, but he watched the woman coldly.

The woman jumped back. She was a little frightened and walked away without saying anything else.

16