Chapter 84: Cavatory city
409 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Horác got the money they left the shop. It was still early, but they chose to find a hotel. The 2 men were okay, but Belinda needed to rest. They visited the biggest ones, but there wasn’t any room left. In the end, they went to eat dinner.

Belinda was dejected. Even after leaving the academy she could only eat the same vegetables as before. She really wished to go back.

„Why are you so sad? Don’t you like this city?” Horác asked her.

„This place is good, but... Why can’t I eat other dishes?!” she murmured.

„You are close to reach the 4th level. Just be patient a little more.”

„You speak so easily...”

„Then how about it? Once you reach that level I’ll pay for your dinner in the Vihuda restaurant.”

„Really?” her eyes lit up.

„I promise.” he laughed.

After they finished their dinner, Horác asked the waiter if he knew any hotel with an empty room. Sorrowfully, he couldn’t help them, so they left to find one themselves.

They walked around for an hour without a result. Belinda was in a bad mood. Because they couldn’t find a place to stay, it was hard for them to hide Lucia before she disappeared.

„I can’t understand the immortals. They didn’t need to rest, so why did they pay for the rooms?” she muttered.

„If you have the money, then why not?” Horác laughed.

„So just to show off with your wealth you pay for a lot of unnecessary things...”

„Not really. What if you drink too much and become drunk? Where will you go? And sometimes you can find good things that can help your cultivation. These rooms protected by arrays, so it’s the best place to use. There’s no one can attack you while you cultivate.”

Belinda didn’t really care about these things. She just felt sleepy. She slept the previous night, so originally she would be okay in the next 4 days. But knowing there wasn’t a place for her to sleep it made her tired.

If Horác went in and asked for a room he could get it right away, but he didn’t want to use his name. He hoped to spend this time peacefully. He let Bertold and Belinda ask around, but he never thought they would run out of luck. The whole night they couldn’t find one.

They chose a little coffee shop and sat on the balcony. Belinda ate her breakfast and the two men drank tea. They looked around and tried to find out if they missed a place.

Belinda saw a little clothing store at the corner. She didn’t see any costumer around it. „Can we go there?”

„Okay. Let’s buy the things we need and forget about the hotels.” Horác nodded. He already had an idea of how to solve their problem.

Bertold wasn’t interested in clothes, so he went to see another shop.

Horác followed Belinda and looked around. There weren’t too many clothes, but they had good quality. He couldn’t understand why it was so abandoned.

Belinda’s eyes lit up. „Aren’t these clothes similar to the academy’s uniforms?”

„Yes. They can adjust the size and there are some protective seals on them.” Horác held a shirt in his hand and watched it carefully.

„But there are only shirts and pants... They have different colors, but the same style...” she felt a little disappointed.

„Because these are my daughter’s work.” they suddenly heard another voice. „She is learning the seals and forgot to pay attention to the style.”

Belinda turned back and saw an old man. „Good morning!”

„Morning, dear costumers!” he smiled.

„Morning! Can you show us the best clothes?” Horác asked.

„This way, please!” the old man lead them into a room.

Belinda was a little confused, but when she saw the clothes she understood Horác’s intend. They had stronger protection than her uniform!

Horác selected the best ones and Belinda chose 5 shirts and 3 pants in her favorite colors.

Horác went to pay. Belinda almost got a heart attack when she heard the old man asked 4 fizcy for the clothes. After getting the payment for the candies she thought that they could buy a lot of things. She even intended to go to the auction to see those rare beasts... She never thought a clothes would cost half a million!

She collected her shattered dream’s pieces while she remembered what she read about the auctions.

  Isn’t it just a place where the wealthy men show off with their money? Paying unimaginable prices for things you can get so much cheaper... Ok, I need good luck to find those good things, but I always work hard so I can do it! Hahaha! Once I become bored of them, let’s see how much they will pay for them!

Belinda completely lost herself in her fantasy. She only came back to her senses when Horác dropped the clothes on her head.

„Put them away!” he walked out of the shop without looking back.

Belinda ran after him and saw a board next to the door. „Horác! We can rent a room here!”

„It’s okay. I have a better idea.”

Bertold already waited for them outside. „Where are we going?”

„Did you already buy everything that you wanted?” Horác was surprised.

Bertold nodded then they turned to Belinda.

„I don’t know...” she was just dragged out to visit the city. She didn’t have the time to think about if she needed anything.

„Then let’s visit Szelim. I’m sure he has some empty rooms we can use. His workshop is a little farther away, so let’s see if there’s anything you guys need on the way.” Horác sighed.

He remembered the first time he visited the city he wanted to see everything. He went into a lot of shops and touched all the goods without buying anything. Some salesmen were angered by his behavior and they threw him out. Remembering about his past he smiled. He was such a trouble-maker before his root changed.

He watched the two kids behind him. They only looked around but never went closer even if they saw something they were interested in. He realized, he couldn’t understand the kids nowadays and laughed.

16