Chapter 05: Memories – The test 2
1.5k 5 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Horác checked the kids’ bodies with utmost care. His gentle smile never disappeared.

The children really liked him. Even those who failed and were sad somehow felt satisfied seeing an immortal who was the same as them.

When the 4th student touched the stone, there was a little light. He was shocked and hopefully watched the man. He wasn’t sure if it’s real or just his eyes were playing with him.

„Congratulation! It seems to be a 3 colored root. Please stand on the right side, and wait for the others.”  He sent the dumbfounded kid away.

The boy was so excited he wasn’t able to stand properly, so he just sat down on the floor. Then he became sad. His best friend was tested before him and failed. He clenched his fist and watched his other friends in the line. He hoped some of them could go with him.

On the nobles’ side, there were 8 children. The principal tested them slowly, and in the end, 4 passed.

One of them had a 2 colored root, while the others had 3-4 colors. His parents become extremely proud.

„We know, he can do it! His older brother is a student in the Academy already.” his father said proudly.

„My dear Nikétás, I knew you wouldn’t make me disappointed.” his mother hugged and kissed him.

The other parents started to boast about their child too.

A mother’s face was purple from anger and shame. She said a lot of praises about his son, because her daughter already a student, yet he failed. His father even hit him.

The principal continued to test the citizen’s children.

On the other side, Horác already tested half of the students, and another 2 passed.

One of them was a boy with a calm personality. He stood there as if it was natural.

Another one was a girl. She was standing a little farther, hugging her best friend and crying.

„Naó, Naó don’t cry. It’s okay. We can still meet.” the friend tried to comfort her. „My brother failed too. I really miss him, it’s good for me to go home.”

„You liar! You don’t even care about me! I hate you, Nedda!” she started to hit her chest with her fists.

They came from the same village and grew up together.

Belinda watched them and shook her head.

  She is the sister of that boy, who was killed. Really… Even if they won’t kill her, she will be sold. Life is really merciless!

Another boy passed, and the first kid jumped up. Finally one of his friends would go with him. They happily hugged each other.

When the sixth kid passed, the teachers frowned. Usually, they never let the countrymen with 5 colored root pass. Their children would have better roots. Sending children to the academy with better development would benefit them more.

The last kid failed, and Horác turned his attention to Médea.

She was standing farther away from them, and he saw her tension and fright.

He met similar children before, so he slowly walked to her.

„It’s okay, nothing will happen.” He stopped 3 meters from her and reached out his hand. „Please, come here. I won’t hurt you.”

Médea took a big breath and walked over. She touched his hand.

The man grabbed her hand and slowly pulled her to the stone.

„It’s okay. Maybe you will feel a little discomfort when the energy enter into your body, but it won’t harm you.” he patiently told her.

When he saw the child nod, he let his inner energy in.

He was shocked. His power so easily circled around in her body, and the root absorbed it greedily.

This kind of reaction, he only experienced when he tested an immortal’s child.

His eyes lit up. It seemed this time he found a real talent.

After he calmed down, he let Médea touch the stone.

The stone shined up with the strongest light until now, but it was white.

„Congratulation, you passed!” he smiled at her. „Sorrowfully, I can’t tell your root type. It seems to be a special case, and needs more time to awaken.”

Everyone watched her with amazement.

„Impossible…” the principal whispered. He was completely frozen from the shock.

The students’ test ended, so the teachers who watched them came over to congratulate.

The woman who brought Médea here pressed out some tears and hugged her.

„I’m so proud of you! I always know you are the best!” she cried happily.

Médea’s body was stiff. She only wished to disappear. Her fear from the teacher almost couldn’t let her breathe.

  What a hypocritical woman! The only time they met, she watched her with disgust! Her play deserves an Oscar!

Belinda almost blasted from her rage. She hated that she could only watch. She wanted to hit those bastards.

„I’m sorry, but you almost drowning her.” the immortal seeing Médea’s reaction saved her.

She hid behind the man. The woman wiped off her tears and bit her lips.

Horác looked at the teachers and students, then clapped.

„I’m sorry to interrupt your joy, but we need to leave. Please, everyone who passed, take half an hour to prepare your luggage.” then he turned to the citizens. „If I know right because the time when the children were taken away are always different, the parents were asked to come here with the luggage.”

They nodded and went out for them.

Médea ran back to her room and shut the door.

She collapsed onto the floor and cried.

After 10 minutes, she finally calmed down. She still felt goosebumps when remembered that woman hugging her.

Thinking about the nice immortal who would take them away, she cheered up.

Belinda was shocked. It’s the first time she could feel Médea’s feelings.

She watched how the little girl pulled out a chest from under her bed. She just threw her clothes in. There wasn’t anything else to take away.

Because her clothes were simple and plain, she was mistaken to be a boy. She didn’t care for it.

She packed up quickly and stood in the room. She took a deep breath as if saying goodbye, then turned around and pulled out her luggage.

In the hall, only 8 families remained. From the citizen’s child, another 4 passed the test.

Horác spoke with the principal. When the half hour passed, he walked in the middle of the hall.

„I’m sorry, to interrupt your farewell, but time is up. After 5 years, the academy let the students go home during the summer break. So don’t be sad, you will meet again.”

They bid farewell and left the building.

In the yard, they saw a big airship. Its shape was similar to a zeppelin, but it had a lot of windows on it. It seemed there’re a lot of rooms.

For mortals to travel in the air was a big dream.

They were lead into a big room and asked to sit there until they took off.

26