Chapter 20: The pets 2
767 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They walked further and saw the next pets.

They were colorful birds as parrots.

They sat on trees and a big lake was under them.

When they went closer they finally saw it. These birds didn’t have feathers, but scales.

Some jumped into the water, some flew out from it.

„What are these?” the confused Gregori asked.

„Bish.” Zotmund said. „As you see, they fly like birds but have gills like fish. They lay eggs under the water. After 3 months, its hatch.  They need 6 years to grow up. During that time they live under the water. When they grow up they will be able to fly out, but they feed on natural water energy, so they can’t go too far from the water. It needs a lot of water, so you can’t take them into your room.”

„Then what’s the meaning of having them? This way anyone can be their owner…” Naómi murmured.

Zotmund clapped then stretched out his arm and one of the bish flew to him.

Belinda stood a little farther from them. Seeing this, she stretched out her arms too. Maybe one of them would fly there?

„You know what the difference between animals and beasts?” Zotmund saw the kids shook their heads and continued. „They are the same as mortals and immortals.” he laughed.

The kids were speechless.

„These pets are the lowest level beasts. They evolved from animals, but can’t become strong demonic beasts. You can form a contract in 2 ways. When it’s just an egg drop your blood on it, or when it already has its conscience, you need to defeat it and use a blood ritual to connect with it. These low-level beast don’t have a conscience, so you can only form a contract when they are still eggs.”

„Can we touch it?” Gregori asked.

„This one yes. But mostly they are not used to humans, so they are afraid of us. If you are lucky, one or two curious ones will go close to you.”

The 3 children stood around Zotmund and played with the bish.

Bertold stood a little farther away. He was shocked to see the things in front of him.

Belinda was bewildered. She only hoped to get the attention one of the bish and play with it. She never imagined that so much would fly on her. She didn’t know what to do.

She felt the wind blow her hair and the bishes flew back to the lake. Only 2 left in her hands.

She turned around and saw the indifferent Bertold stood behind her.

„You…”

„Ah, you are so lucky to catch them!” Dárius cried out.

„What?!” she turned to them and didn’t understand the situation.

The last 2 bishes flew away too.

„As I told you, there are some curious ones who dare to come close. But they come close only if they feel that you are not malicious.”

Zotmund stared at Belinda as if he wanted to see through on her.

Belinda felt the cold run down on her back.

„And there’s an exception. When a person has the potential to become a tamer, those beasts will go close. The higher the potential, the more beast will be attracted.”

„Really?” Naómi was happy. „Let’s try it out!”

The 3 stood close to the lake, hoped to attract them.

„Don’t be nervous. Stand still and breathe slowly.” Zotmund directed them.

Belinda stood next to Bertold. She was sure that wind was his work.

  If those bishes really come close to me because I have the potential to become a tamer, then it’s better to stay away from any beast. I don’t know how much value they have for those sects, but better to stay low key…

After 10 minutes Dárius felt miserable. Naómi already had 5 bishes and even Gregori had one. Why he’s the only one left out?

„I have potential! I have potential! Hahaha.” Naómi laughed happily when the 6th flew to her.

„Congratulation! When you cultivate to a certain level, I’ll take you to a closed world to capture some strong monsters!” Zotmund promised.

„They need to be cute!”

„Okay, okay!” then he turned to the 2 boys. „You don’t need to be sad. Even without potential, you can have one beast. I’ll take you guys too and help to find the best partner.”

They still felt sad, but thinking about having a strong beast in the future, they became excited.

  Just 6 and have potential? Around me were more than 20… I really need to stay away from animals!

„And you too!”

„Waa..? Me?!” Belinda pointed at herself.

„Yes. You’ll need a beast too. We can go together.” Zotmund offered his help.

„Thanks, but I have my mentor. He will help me.” She refused. It seemed only Bertold saw her being surrounded by a lot of bishes, and he didn’t seem to be a person who ran around and told it to others.

„Yes, but the more people the better to capture strong beast…”

„No!” Bertold suddenly said.

His indifferent eyes swept over on them and he walked away.

Belinda ran after him, not caring about the others anymore.

Zotmund sighed and went after them.

The other pets weren’t that different from the animals in the human world. There were a lot of types of cats and dogs, foxes, wolves, rabbits with normal eyes, squirrels, birds, etc. Belinda felt that as if she was walking in a Zoo.

In the end, they reached a building with the colorful „Eggs shop” signboard.

When she walked in, she saw hundreds of little boxes. Her face darkened.

„Hello! What can I help?” a cheerful young boy jumped out from somewhere.

„Why box…?” she was confused.

„Ah, you are a new student.” He looked up and saw Zotmund’s team come in too. „Hello!”

„Boxes?!”

„Where the eggs?”

„Haha, come in, come in! The eggs in the boxes. The box color told you how much it cost.” he pointed at a board with the prices.

Belinda looked at it and her chin fell.

  What the hell? The cheapest one already 10k?!

The four children had the same though. Even if they had the points, they would never buy them!

18