Chapter 29: Change
735 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Doctor Egon finally made the medicine. He played with it and then ordered Belinda to lie down on the bed. She tried to find a comfortable position. She knew that the doctor tried to ease her fear, but she couldn’t feel better. Suddenly she felt some points were hit on her body and she couldn’t move.

She looked questioningly at him.

„It’s better if you can’t move. You will be too frightened.” he said, and undo the buttons on her shirt.

Belinda looked at him as if telling him ‘who would be afraid’.

Egon smiled evilly. „Of course, you will be!”

Before Belinda had the change to reach, the injection’s needle was stabbed in her chest.

Her eyes rounded as she watched the medicine being injected into her heart.

In just some seconds, her numb body became heavy and her vision became blurred.

She vaguely saw a black person to come over and do up the buttons on her shirt.

  Didn’t the doctor have white clothes….?

She was helped to sit up and then hugged. Lying on a warm chest, she realized, it was Bertold.

  Why he hug me the way you hug a little kid?! I was afraid, he will use the princess hug, but this is worse!...

While she felt ashamed and cried a river in her heart, she slowly fell asleep.

She felt that she only closed her eyes for a second. When she opened them again, she was lying in a bed and outside the sun started to rise.

She looked around and realized it was her own room. She slowly remembered what happened before she fell asleep.

  Don’t tell me, he brings me back that way?! Didn’t he felt ashamed?! At least it was already dark, maybe not that many people saw us…

She wanted to be angry but felt that she didn’t have the power for it.

  … This medicine working better than I thought. At least I can finally move.

She got up from the bed and wanted to take a bath.

She rummaged through Médea’s clothes. At the school, the orphans got the other students’ old clothes. They were still wearable but worn out.

Yesterday she didn’t see if the academy had a uniform. Would she need to buy new clothes, or they could get some? She was sure, other students didn’t have this problem. Their parents certainly prepared a lot of clothes for them.

She walked to the wardrobe and opened it. There were really some clothes. Brown pants, light blue shirts, and a dark green coat. It’s really a uniform.

She didn’t know when she could wear those clothes, so she only took out the pants. She prepared the clean clothes on the bed and went to look around.

Next to the wardrobe, in the corner, there was a door. It’s so hidden, if you came into the room, you couldn’t see it. That’s why she didn’t see it yesterday.

On the airship, if they wanted to wash they needed to use an array. If you stood in the middle and said ’clean’, it didn’t just clean the body but the clothes too. The boys enjoyed to use it. It was fast and they didn’t need to change clothes. It’s really practical, but Belinda preferred to wash with water.

After she entered the bathroom, Belinda saw that array on the right side. She threw her clothes there, at least she didn’t need to wash them with hands.

All her attention was paid to the big bathtub. And there was hot water too. They did a good job to build a modern bathroom. She could take a bath finally!

After the tub was almost filled with water, she laid in it. She finally felt that she was alive.

She sighed. It was so comfortable. She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

She vaguely heard the doorbell and woke up.

She sat in the tub and was confused. She slept for a long time, but the water was still warm.

  It seems they used some kind of array. At least I don’t need to be afraid to catch a cold if I sleep here. Sigh~ It feels so good, but my back hurt! Was she really just 10 years old?! Why so easy to get back problems?

She came out from the tub and massaged her back.

She grabbed a towel and wiped her hair.

She stood in front of the mirror and looked at ’herself’.

  This is the new me. I need to become used to it.

She touched the mirror and suddenly had an idea.

She searched for a scissor. Her hair was black and long. She wanted to cut it into a short boyish style. That way, when she looked in a mirror, she wouldn’t think about Médea. She knew that with time, she would become used to it, but right now, she needed to change her appearance.

She never tried to cut her hair before, but she felt really satisfied with her work.

In the end, she chose to wear the academy’s uniform. It was a little big, but when she wore them it slowly became smaller, until it was good.

  They really know how to make your life easier. I’ll need to learn some arrays and seals if I want to live a comfortable life in the future. I really want to know, how many things can be rebuilt outside…

She walked back to the mirror. Her clothes were ok, her hair was ok, but she was really thin. She needed to eat more.

As she thought about to go to the cafeteria, suddenly, she remembered another thing.

  Didn’t someone ring the bell?

She walked to the door and opened it.

Outside Bertold waited patiently. Belinda stared at him.

  Why did you only ring the bell once?! If I don’t come out, you intend to stand in front of the door the whole day?!

A lot of thought ran through her head, but she didn’t dare to say them out.

„… Good morning!”

Bertold nodded, then looked at her from top to bottom.

„Let’s go.” he turned around and walked away.

Belinda was stunned, then ran back to take her card and went after him.

17