Chapter 30: Hair
671 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They left the dormitory and Belinda saw her lost butterfly again. It seemed to enjoy to run around, then coming back when it’s tired.

They went to the cafeteria to have breakfast.

When they went in it was already empty, only an older woman cleaned the tables. She took a talisman on the table, then whispered something. A white light flashed and the next second the table was clean.

Belinda watched her. She remembered she forget to clean the bathroom. Maybe there would be something similar in her room too, but could she be able to use it before the awakening?

This world had a lot of miraculous things. Even if she saw things similar to the ones in her old world, they worked in a completely different way. She understood this, yet she still couldn’t give up her hope to find things from her world. Maybe there was another traveler from there?

For breakfast, she chose fruit salad and Bertold took some kind of shake, then they sat down.

Belinda ate her breakfast fast. After a while, she looked up and saw that Bertold didn’t drink his drink. She didn’t understand what he was waiting for, but she didn’t care and finished her food.

Belinda didn’t even take down the fork when Bertold gave her the shake.

„Drink it.” he casually said and looked away.

She looked at the shake. She smelled it and felt that her breakfast would come back.

  What kind of torture is this?! He really wants me to drink it?!

She looked at him, but he didn’t pay attention to her.

She stared at the shake as her worst enemies. She covered her nose and drank it. She thought that she would feel nausea after she drank it, but there was only a comfortable warm feeling.

Belinda had more and more questions in her head, but she didn’t know how to ask them. She looked hopefully at Bertold.

„Let’s go.”

  Why I thought that he will say more than 2 words?! Where’s that big-mouthed Zotmund at a time like this?!

She felt dejected. She took back the plates and they left.

She remembered the way she got the injection yesterday and felt cold. She hoped that there won’t be a second one.

She touched her hair, and remembered, she cut it according to a style she saw in her world. She didn’t looked around here. In novels, the cultivators always had long hair. She thought that they just like long hair, but thinking about it now…

You cut it short, then chose to go in seclusion for some years to cultivate… When you woke up, your hair would be long again… You could cut again, but it would be the same after another seclusion… So why bother with it? Just let it be…

Belinda’s only problem was that, when it’s too long, it’s too much trouble to wash it.

Long hair was nice and good, but she hated problematic things.

At the school or at the village, she saw a lot of peoples with short hair, but she didn’t look around at the academy. Yesterday, she only saw some teachers and mentors, and they had long hair… almost all…

She looked at Bertold. His back hair was tied back and it reached a little under his shoulder.

Looking at his hair, she regretted her impulse. She cut her hair too short and couldn’t be tied. So that’s why she felt uncomfortable! She always tied it before.

She silently followed Bertold and watched his hair with envy.

Looking at it for a long time, she realized something else. His black hair under the sunlight had a reddish tone. It gave him a mysterious feeling.

She never saw such a thing before. She tried to think back, but there were a lot of things she didn’t paid attention to when she was in Médea’s memories. Not to mention, yesterday it was still so vivid, yet now she forgot a lot of details. Would she completely forget everything?

She wasn’t fond of those memories, but her understanding of this world depended on them. Then another question arose. Would she forget her original memories too?

She shook her head and threw away her idea. Originally, humans forgot a lot of things with time. She didn’t think she would wake up one day without knowing who she was or where she was.

She looked around and hoped to see others. She was interested to see if they have a mysterious hair color or not. Sadly, until they reached the hospital they didn’t meet with anyone.

When they went to check in, she watched the nurse with interest. Her brown hair had a greenish color under the light.

Belinda’s eyes lit up. When she heard the nurse say ’please wait patiently with the others’ she was excited. She had more people to observe.

In the anteroom, there were the other first year students, who have problems. Most of them came with their mentors, but there were some abandoned ones.

Belinda watched them with interest. She saw that the other students’ hairs were normal, but the mentors’ had the mysterious tones. It seemed to be something related to cultivation.

She was more interested. Will her hair change too? What kind of color would it get? What affected it? And what kind of other surprises would be there, after becoming an immortal?

She watched them coming and going and slowly calmed down. She still needed to go through on a month’s treatment before her Power awakening. She couldn’t ask Bertold, and she didn’t think she would meet with Zotmund during this time. She didn’t know anyone else, so she needed to wait.

Remembering about the treatment, her high spirit completely disappeared. That injection really was a bad memory for her. Egon seemed to be a nice person, but that smile…

She shivered and tried to find other things to thought about to forget that case, but seeing more and more students leave, she felt worse.

She sat in a chair, hugged her legs and watched the birds outside. She hoped to have a pair of wings and flew far away from here.

20