Chapter 31: Playboy
667 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Belinda’s wish didn’t come true. They were called in after a short time.

The consulting room was still the same, but Egon seemed to be low spirited too. Under his eyes were dark circles and gave off the feeling he would faint in the next second.

Belinda didn’t know which of them needed really treatment.

She sat on the bed and let Egon examine her. She was too nervous to paid attention to the things he used. After getting the result, he looked at them for a long time.

Egon sighed and threw the documents on the table.

„Sorry, I can’t concentrate.” he collapsed in the armchair and he covered his face with his hand. He seemed to be close to crying.

  You are a man, aren’t you?!

Belinda had a bad feeling about it. Yesterday he was mad because he lost the bet. She didn’t think too much about it, but now it seemed he liked to speak about how miserable he was and hoped to be comforted by others.

Remembering his evil smile, she was sure, he enjoyed to see others in a miserable situation.

She walked to him and patted his shoulder.

„What happened? They told you that 3 dinner wasn’t enough?”

„They dare!” he was angry but changed his voice into a miserable one. „Yesterday night they visited me and gave me the list about what they wanted to eat. They forced me to pay them right away. They were afraid I forgot it. Now all my saving is gone…” he sobbed.

Belinda could imagine it. The 9 doctors stood around him and used different means to threaten him to pay. Egon was a person who loved money. If you didn’t cut all his way, he wouldn’t pay.

„Don’t all of you go to the restaurant together?”

„How can that be? The transportation array can’t be used more than once a week. You can’t imagine how many students come here every day. If all of us leave, the medical students can’t treat an emergency. At least 5 of us need to be here all the time!” He watched her as looking at a stupid person. Then he realized she changed the subject. „Didn’t you pay attention to the wrong thing?!”

„What’s wrong? I don’t have money, yet I’m alive. What’s the problem with being poor?”

Egon realized he chose the wrong person. He was angry and went back to read her medical record.

Belinda felt that he was a funny person. She was frightened yesterday and now her tension eased a little.

He wrote down some things and then looked at her.

„You are the kind of person I hate the most!” Egon was annoyed.

„What kind of person am I?” she was interested, how the people saw her here.

„The girl who mature too early! You are too serious to play with others. Your love life will be too dull.”

„I see. I’m sure you have a deep hatred with Zotmund.” Belinda sighed and deleted her good impression about him. She realized what kind of person he was. She wrote his name on her blacklist.

„Don’t mention him!” he was annoyed. He continued to write and stopped to pay attention to her.

There are different types of playboys. Zotmund loved to help the girls and gave them everything he could. On the other side, Egon loved to get the attention of the girls and wanted them to give him everything. Their ways of thinking were completely the opposite, that’s why they couldn’t tolerate each other’s presence.

She was confused. She was just 10 years old and Egon already tried to hook her up. Was he a pedophile or the long life caused some brain damage? And yesterday Zotmund always tried to please Naómi…

  Don’t tell me the academy have a lot of playboys, and they start to fight for girls so early?! Just my second day and I met 2. Really… The longer they think that I’m a boy the better!

Belinda silently sat there and waited. She remembered another thing and she was frightened.

  Shit! I forget, he is my doctor! What if he gives me another painful injection because I angered him?! How can I be so stupid?!

Egon finished his calculation and walked to her.

„The treatment plan is done.”

„Are you a doctor, right?” Belinda asked slowly.

„What the hell do you mean?! You questioning my knowledge?!” Egon watched her with red eyes.

„No! Of course not! I’m just afraid! In the village I grow up, the doctor was an impostor. He gave the wrong medicine and killed a lot of patients. Even those who just had a little cold died…” she said a lot of meaningless things to save herself.

„What are you afraid of? Didn’t I give you an injection yesterday and you are still alive?” he laughed.

„…right.” Belinda’s face darkened. That’s why she couldn’t believe in him. Treating a patient that way…

„Okay. I stop playing around.” he said happily.

  So you played until now?!

„Your state is better than I thought. I’ll give you some medicine and you need to come back after a week.” He went to the shelves and started to search. „It will make you sleepy, so go back to your room before you drink it. One after breakfast, and one after dinner.” he gave her a box.

Belinda opened the box and grimaced. If the medicine were pills it’s okay, but it was liquid. She hated to drink it, they always had a bad taste.

Egon watched her reaction and walked to his table. He took out a bracelet and fixed it on Belinda’s wrist.

„This bracelet can sense when you eat. If you don’t take the medicine after an hour, it will give you a punishment. And you can’t take it down!” he smiled evilly.

Belinda looked at him with shock. She had a bad idea, about what kind of punishment will it be.

  This man is too perverted! Didn’t he give up my idea? Or this is how he wants to pay back for me being mean with him?

She didn’t think that it was her thought, what wasn’t clean after seeing those things in the ’miscellaneous’ room.

19