Chapter 34: Laziness
654 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After that incident, Belinda almost never left her room. She read the novel and forgot about everything else. Of course, she still drank the medicine. She didn’t want to listen to Egon’s speech. She couldn’t give him that happiness.

Gladly, the cafeteria was open the whole day and there were always some foods. It was rare to run into another student when it wasn’t the main mealtime. She enjoyed this peaceful life.

One morning she was awakened by the doorbell. She confusedly left the bed and opened the door.

Bertold stood outside and looked at the half awake girl. He didn’t say anything, just waited patiently.

Belinda tried to wake up her brain to find out what day was today. After some seconds, she finally remembered.

„Ah, give me 10 minutes…” she turned around and went to wash her face.

Bertold stood at the door and watched Belinda. She searched for her uniform in the whole room. She was too lazy to clean up, just throw things here and there.

After some minutes, she was ready and they left.

When they went out, Belinda felt that the sunshine was too strong and her eyes hurt. She wanted to go back and read the novel. Yesterday night she reached the final battle.

Most of the time, when she read a book, her favorite character was a side character. She didn’t know if it was her bad luck, or from the characters’ personalities she felt it, but almost all of them ended up dead in the story. When she read that part, she cried a lot, then threw away the book and never finished it. She thought ’They killed my favorite! I fcking don’t care if the others lived happily or not!’

This novel was the same too. Her favorite character ended up as the last villain. The main character was brainwashed by his friend and he didn’t see that the real victim was the villain.

Belinda knew the villain would die. She only hoped he would be able to kill that bastard!

The cafeteria was full. She spent a lot of time to find a place to sit down. She didn’t pay attention to what she ate. She was thinking about the novel. When she came back to her senses, they were already at the hospital.

She heard Egon’s voice and looked up. He came out with a girl whose face was completely red. She said something, but her voice was too low. Egon stroked her hair with a satisfied smile on his face and said goodbye to the girl.

Belinda watched them and didn’t know what to think. That girl was in the same age as her!

„You here?” the surprised Egon looked at them. „Come in, let’s finish this fast!”

She walked behind him. „I see, you had a good time.”

„Yup! That cutie was injured during the training.” he spoke happily. „I told her, she can find me anytime when she need help. I even got a promise from her to eat dinner together!”

  Animal!

„Hey, hey! What’s with those eyes?! Just let you know, I don’t sleep with girls under 15!”

  That’s still too young, grandpa!

„What young? You forget a girl can give birth at the age of 14?!”

  … He is reading my thought again?!

„I don’t need to read thoughts. Everything is written on your face!”

  …

Egon was so proud of himself. Belinda gave up to find this man’s common sense.

She just sat down and let him examine her.

„You are okay!” he wrote it down in her medical record. „I give you the pass, so the next week don’t forget to go to the practicing field!”

„The others healthy too?”

„Who knows? Some illness needs months to heal. Not to mention some bastards like to do whatever they want and don’t listen to their doctor! They make the treatment time so much longer.” Egon looked at Belinda with sharp eyes.

She remembered, some days ago she was caught running around. She didn’t dare to ask more.

Egon took the papers on his table and grabbed Belinda’s arm.

„Now go!” he pulled her to the door. „I need to be free to catch those little cuties!”

Before Belinda was able to say something, she was thrown outside.

„Right. Here your vitamins. One per day!” he threw her a box, then looked around.

The waiting room was empty, so Egon slammed the door.

She looked at the closed door. She really wanted to know if he was a real doctor or not!

They walked back to the dormitory.

Belinda ran up to her room. She finally could finish the book!

After some hour, Belinda threw the book away. The villain died, the bastard was alive and happily licked the MC’s ass… She really hated these kinds of ending.

She went to the library with the intent to find a better book.

This time she spent more time to look around. She found a lot of kind of books, but there was a big mistake in the system. Those books weren’t categorized! She checked a shelf and the books were the following: sci-fi, cultivation world, beast world (boys love), apocalypse, modern showbiz, ninjas (girls love), etc. Even if she knew some title, she couldn’t find them!

She borrowed a book that seemed good and went back to her room.

Her life didn’t change much. She read the book half of the night and slept in the morning.

After a week, when Bertold came to took her to the practicing field early in the morning, she was almost unable to wake up. She somehow became ready, but because of the lack of sleep, she couldn’t walk properly.

Bertold helped her to go to the cafeteria. When she sat down at the table, she fell asleep right away.

She was awakened by a strong hand shaking her shoulder.

She looked up with one eye and saw Bertold stood next to her. She tried to sit up.

She felt something touched her lips and a bad tasting liquor entered her mouth.

When she was finally awake, she saw 2 empty glass.

She felt the power running through her body and watched stupidly in front of herself.

  What kind of shake is it? And when the hell did I drink it?!

16