Chapter 37: Job
596 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The children slowly went back to their dormitory. Their sadness didn’t lasted long, because some of them started to speak about the Power awakening.

Belinda heard some kids said that it would be similar to the Soul calming ritual. Most of the children didn’t needed it, so some of them spoke about their experience.

Belinda lost her interest and went back to her room. She wanted to sleep early and tomorrow try her luck in the library.

She woke up early in the morning and went to the bathroom to prepare herself.

When she was standing in front of the mirror she saw her butterfly on top of her head.

„Bufy! Where did you run away again?! What kind of pet are you?! Leaving me alone during that heavy training!” she scolded it.

The butterfly froze on her head. Of course, it couldn’t answer, so Belinda just sighed and let it be.

She went to eat breakfast, then slowly walked to the library. At the entrance, as usual, Bufy flew away. She looked after it and didn’t understand why it came back time after time.

After she went in, she didn’t see any librarian. In the end, she went to the second floor to see if she could find any useful books. Until lunchtime, she didn’t find anything. Those titles with the ’legend’ or ’history’ in them ended up being novels. She gave up and went back to find a librarian.

On the first floor, she only saw that annoying guy from the other day. She cursed her luck and chose to come back later.

After lunch, she walked around in the park. She regretted her choice, no one told her the park was the place where lovers met. When she ran into the sixth kissing pair she felt that she would become blind.

On the way back to the library she ran into Zotmund. He tried to please an older woman. She was really beautiful, but from her eyes, anyone was able to see, she looked down on him, yet he didn’t care.

Belinda wanted to turn around and find another way, but she saw the woman gave a strong slap to Zotmund and left. He touched his face and looked after the woman. He smiled joyfully.

Belinda wasn’t interested in Zotmund’s masochist side, so she turned away. Before she was able to take a step, she felt that someone standing behind her and she froze.

„Was it interesting?” Zotmund whispered in her ear.

She looked at him with a blank face. She was surprised to see someone so strongly rejected him, but she didn’t feel that she needed to say anything about this incident.

Zotmund didn’t mind. He just laughed and walked away.

Belinda stood there deep in thought. She had a feeling before. As if Zotmund had a special charm that made women unable to say no to him. Similar to that red haired girl, she could make crazy all the men around her.

She didn’t know where this idea came from, but she knew, those 2 were dangerous. She didn’t intend to get closer to them.

She shook her head and went back to the library.

There were more people than in the morning. She went to the reception where a girl sat.

„Excuse me, can you help me?”

„What?” the girl looked up from the book she read. She was a little confused.

„… Excuse me, can you help me to find some history or geography books?”

„All the books on the bookshelves. Go and look for them.” she didn’t care about it and continued to read her book.

„Are they not categorized at all?! I really need to read all the books to find the ones I need?!”

Belinda was shocked. The librarian didn’t answer her. She didn’t know what to do.

„Categorize them?” a puzzled voice asked behind her.

She turned around and saw the woman from the park. She touched her chin and stroked it while thinking. Suddenly her eyes shined.

„Let’s categorize the books! We can give to every bookshelf a number and mark the books on it! That way we can give out more job...” she stared to speak endlessly about her ideas.

Belinda tried to run away, but the woman grabbed her shoulder.

„Right! I forget to introduce myself! I’m Unyi Marina, the teacher who responsible for the library and some clubs.” she said happily. „Your idea not bad!”

„… You never thought about it? Before how did you find a book?” Belinda didn’t understand. How could they find anything in such a mess?

„Oh, that… you know the higher the cultivators level, the better their memory. So we just need to walk around once and we can remember all the books and their place… I never thought about how hard this to the new students…” she became sad. „Now I understand, why they never come here…”

„… Didn’t those books placed back randomly? After a while, your memory will be wrong.”

„Then we just run around again to memorize them. It didn’t need too much time.”

  Immortals really not human! I can’t understand their way of thinking!!

They stood there without speaking. Belinda wanted to go, but the teacher still firmly held her shoulder.

„Come with me, and I register you as a worker. I will need to close the library for a time and ask for more helpers to categorize the books.”

„… Why register me? I only wanted to find some books.”

„It was your idea.” Marina smiled and dragged her into a room.

Before Belinda was able to reach, her card was taken away.

„From tomorrow onwards come here to help out.”

„I can’t! Tomorrow will be my Power awakening! And I need to train every second day!”

„It’s okay. I pay after the hours you work. I’m sure you need points, so just come, when you can. As a newbie, your payment will be 5 points per hour. If you are qualified and will not need help, then it will be 20 points.” Marina patted her head. „Work hard and it can be even more!”

Belinda left the library and sighed.

  I just wanted to find some books, why I got a job?!

15