Chapter 36: Training 2
640 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the next morning, Belinda was awakened by hunger.

Her body was completely healthy. As if yesterday’s torture didn’t happened. She took the talisman on the table and went to wash her face.

After she was ready, she grabbed the novel from the table and left. She needed to bring it back to the library.

During her free time, she already looked thought the books on the first floor. She didn’t see anything, which resembles history books. Maybe there were some, but from the title, she couldn’t find out. She will continue her search after the awakening.

At the school, she learned about this continent. Originally there were 8 countries, but more than 50 years ago there was a big war. It’s lasted for 12 years. 4 countries took part in it and it ended suddenly because 3 of them allied and completely destroyed the last one. After the war, they didn’t stopped until they eliminated the royal family.

Today, they spoke about 8 countries again, because there’s an island a little farther away. The people living there were able to build a ship and visit the continent about 25 years ago. After some exchange, they became part of the continent. They already had schools, so its existence was well known by the immortals.

From that island case, it’s easy to see, the mortals had too little information about this world. Before Zotmund mentioned the dragon’s continent, so Belinda was sure, there will be more interesting things.

She slowly walked out of the building and she saw Bertold at the entrance. They went to eat breakfast together.

In the cafeteria, after some search, Belinda found the energy shake. She wanted to drink more than one, but she was stopped by a cleaner. It’s contained too much energy and didn’t safe to drink more.

Belinda finished her breakfast fast and ran to the library. She gave back the book and went to the practicing field. Now she could completely concentrate on her training.

The training was as hard as yesterday. Pedró didn’t make it easy for them. Those who were late or weren’t able to keep up with the others got a hard punishment. The teacher knew that these kids didn’t do it on purpose. Their mentors were punished too because they didn’t take care of them.

After 5 days of training, Belinda was able to walk back to her room without problems. There was still some pain but compared to before it was nothing. During this time she felt that she became so much stronger. She was sure, only the training couldn’t have this effect.

Every night Bertold came with her and used the talisman to apply the medicine. Those kids who applied it with hands weren’t as energetic as those who were helped by their mentors. The medicine needed to apply differently. Some places needed more, while some needed lesser, and the talisman was able to perfectly scatter it.

During this time, Belinda never saw the 2 missing students. It proved her guess, they were only created by Pedró as an excuse.

What she didn’t know was that one of them really existed. The angry mentors searched the whole academy and they beat the kid and his mentor. They were in the hospital under treatment, so they couldn’t take part in the training.

The next day, Pedró changed the training and it became harder. They were as tired as the first day.

The red haired girl was the most energetic. She easily fulfilled the harder tasks that even the strongest boy in the team couldn’t stand. Originally they thought that they couldn’t follow her because they were sick not long before. If she was in the first team, she would be normal. They continued the training with this thought and they didn’t pay attention to her anymore. They forgot that she was a patient too.

The mentors weren’t in better condition. They used to do body training, but Pedró made it really hard for them. Between them, Bertold was really outstanding. His face never changed, he didn’t mind how hard the training was.

When the students got some rest time, they always looked at their mentors. Belinda felt that their practice was too hard, she never would be able to do them.

They trained every day. They didn’t get any free time. When the last day ended, Belinda never felt so tired. She sat on the ground with the other kids.

As usual, the red haired girl stood there as if it was nothing.

Pedró became really fond of her during these 2 weeks. He always praised her and made the training harder. He did a good job to turn her into the most hated kid in the team.

The same was true for Bertold, but Belinda felt that he wasn’t hated because Pedró praised him. He seemed to be hated from the very beginning. It was her first time to see how much hatred he got during these years.

Pedró watched the tired children and his silence made them nervous.

„I’m not pleased with your performance. Most of you can do more than what you show.” he said slowly. „The 2 weeks ended and all of you passed.”

Some kids happily smiled, while some felt that it couldn’t be this simple.

„Tomorrow you need to rest and adjust your body. Do it seriously, it’s not a game! And the next morning, you need to go to the Array research building. Some teachers will be there and told you the other things.”

More and more kids become happy and started to whisper. Pedró stood there and waited for the perfect time to drop the last bomb.

„I hope all of you learned a lot during my training. Work hard and don’t make me disappointed during the monthly exams.”

„What?!”

„Didn’t the training ended?”

„Don’t we only have exams at the end of the semester?!”

The children panicked and some mentors laughed. They didn’t told them about this.

„During the first two years, you need to come here every second day to train. You will learn to use a lot of weapons to find the most suitable one. My job is to check your progress at every month’s end. If your result not good, then I can give you some special training.”

From the thought, that he could train these children, Pedró became happy and smiled.

The students finally realized their desperate days just began…

18