Chapter 38: Power awakening 1
632 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Until the end of the day, Belinda didn’t do anything else. She just went back to her room and tried to rest.

She tried to lie to herself, saying that she didn’t care about the Power awakening, yet she couldn’t sleep well. She had nightmares. She even dreamed that she would blow up.

When the dawn came, she washed her face and left her room. She stopped to torture herself with trying to sleep.

She wasn’t the only one who wasn’t able to sleep. At the cafeteria, she ran into some of the kids she saw at the training.

She absentmindedly ate her breakfast, then went to the park to walk around. This time it was empty. She was able to watch the trees and flowers without fearing to see some adult things. She enjoyed this rare calm time and completely forgot that she didn’t waited for Bertold.

After an hour, she ran into the red haired girl. She was surrounded by 3 boys. She laughed with them, but from her eyes, Belinda was able to see she was annoyed.

She hid behind a bush and watched them.

  Why do I feel that it’s not a beautiful girl, but a pretty boy?

Belinda shook her head, then remembered she didn’t have any reason to hide. She slowly walked away. She didn’t realize, the girl looked after her with a complicated look.

She felt that she forgot something, so she went back to the dormitory. At the entrance, she saw Bertold.

„… good morning!” she was frightened. She forgot to wait for him!

Bertold didn’t care, he just nodded as usual.

Belinda didn’t know what to do. It was still early and she already ate her breakfast, so they chose to walk around the other dormitory buildings.

After some time, Belinda felt a lot of eyes on her back. That feeling was irritating and she didn’t like it. She thought that Bertold would be popular too, but she didn’t think there would be so many students who were interested in him! She lost her interest to look around.

They went to the Array research building and waited there with the other students. They waited and waited, but the teachers didn’t intend to show up.

Some mentors spoke with the others. They were impatient and looked at the teachers’ dormitory. It seemed that they were ready to go and brought the teachers here.

Finally, the teachers came out and they seemed to be angry. All of them looked at the same person.

They followed their line of signs and saw Horác. He was wearing pajamas and yawned. Timur was holding his clothes and dragging him.

Some mentors wanted to go there and quarrel, but when they saw that they were late because of Horác, they chose to shut up.

  Don’t tell me, they are afraid of him?!

During the training, she saw that the mentors were cautious when they were in front of Pedró, but they weren’t afraid at all. They easily said out if they didn’t like something, even if they were punished.

Belinda thought back at the time on the airship. The kids were only eating Horác’s cooking, yet they build up a deep fear… This kind of power scared her. She vowed that she would avoid everything related to him.

„Good morning everyone! Sorry for the delay!” the young teacher who spoke on the first day stood out. He bowed and he seemed to forget what he wanted to say.

„Why don’t you introduce yourself?! Even during the opening ceremony you forgot to do it!” Timur was angry. He felt that all the teachers around him were stupid.

„I’m sorry!” he bowed again to the students. Then he remembered, he bowed to the wrong person, so he turned around and repeated it.

„Ah, this is why I needed to wake up so early? Just let me go back, I’m not interested…” the half asleep Horác murmured.

„Stop playing around!” Timur shouted. Sometimes he really wanted to quit this job. He was afraid these bastards would make him bald in no time.

„Uh… Ah, hello! My name is Werder Amand. I’m doing research about seals…”

„Enough. Told them, why we are here.” another teacher said.

Belinda’s face darkened. She realized, the teachers enjoyed making the new one fell into awkward situations.

„… today is your Power awakening. You need to follow the teacher who brought you here and your mentor will help out too. The arrays were drawn in the first floor’s rooms. Please follow your teacher, they will tell you the other things.” Amand said slowly. His ears were red from shame. He bowed to the other teachers and ran away.

The mentors watched him with sympathizing eyes.

Belinda went to Horác. She saw a boy standing not far from him and hesitated to go closer. His eyes lit up when he saw he wasn’t the only one. He went there and stood behind her to make sure, he wasn’t too close.

Belinda was speechless. She didn’t pay more attention to him and turned to Horác.

He was wearing pink pajamas with some little blue sheep on it. If he didn’t have that dark face, Belinda was sure everyone would laugh at him.

Horác waited until all the kids went to the teachers.

„Hey! You really needed to wake me up, because of these TWO?!” he was angry. It wasn’t the first awakening with hundreds of children. There would be enough for 2-3 teachers to come.

„Stop arguing! They are your students! Do your job properly!” Timur shouted.

Horác didn’t stand straight. His back was a little curved. He slowly touched his lower back and massaged it.

„Yesterday night you were so energetic. You told me that you will take responsibility, yet now turning against me…” his voice trembled as if he was close to crying.

Timur opened his mouth, but couldn’t say anything. He was too angry. This bastard always made things sounds wrong. He hated himself for jumping in the pit so easily.

In reality, Horác needed to write a report about a mission that happened some months ago. As a punishment, he was forced to sit in an uncomfortable way, and Timur didn’t let him leave until it was finished…

15