Chapter 39: Power awakening 2
613 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Horác laughed happily and walked into a room. The others followed him slowly. They didn’t dare to go too close to him.

Belinda didn’t think that he didn’t just teach about poisons, but his mouth was so poisonous too. While thinking, she didn’t realize, she went so close to him.

Horác watched him with interest, then turned to the other kid.

„You go out and close the door. I start with him.”

The kid ran out as if he got amnesty. When they closed the door, Belinda finally realized what happened.  

Belinda looked up at Horác and their eyes met. His anger and sleepiness disappeared. His eyes were clear and watched her.

When Horác didn’t find any fear in her eyes, he wasn’t able to hide his joy.

„Hahahaha! I finally find another one!” he took out a glass and sprayed something in the air. „What do you think about this smell?”

It was the smell of some kind of wildflower. It wasn’t good or bad, it was ordinary. She didn’t know what to say and confusedly looked at Horác.

„Just tell me anything you feel after smelling it.” he didn’t become angry, just patiently waited for the answer.

„… A flower… nothing special.”

„Haha! Really! The same answer as your mentor’s. Good pair!” he clapped and laughed happily. „Huh, okay. When you have free time, come to my laboratory. I will register you as my helper.”

„What?!” she was shocked.

  I just smelled a perfume. How do I become his helper?!

„Your mentor is my helper too, you don’t need to be afraid.” he shook the glass in his hand. „This thing is a special poison, and you are immune to it. It doesn’t cause any damage to the body, just make you feel as if your life is in danger and you want to run away. I will tell you more about it the next time.”

  Ah, my luck was really eaten by dogs…

Horác went to the table and checked the things on it.

„Okay. Let’s do the awakening, I want to see what kind of root you have.” he placed some crystal around the array. „Be careful! I can’t fix it if it’s damaged.” he gave something to Bertold.

„Come.” Bertold said and walked into the array. „Sit here.” he pointed at an empty place.

Belinda followed him and sat down, but from the corner of her eyes, she saw that Horác was shaking from the laughter he held back.

Bertold sat down not far from her and then gave her a bottle.

„Eat it.”

She looked at the big white medicine in the bottle.

  Will it really melt in my mouth as those pills in the novels?

She tried to pull out the cork. She used more and more power and her face become red, yet she wasn’t able to open it.

Seeing her helpless face, Horác wasn’t able to stand it anymore. He lay on the ground and laughed. With one of his hands, he held his stomach and with the other one, he hit the ground.

Belinda gave up to open the bottle and looked at him. The more he laughed, the darker her face become.

„Okay, now start to roll around and it will be perfect!” she commented without thinking.

Horác didn’t become angry. He wiped off his tears and stood up.

„Okay. Let’s take it seriously. I want to go back to sleep.”

  Then stop playing around.

Belinda looked at him angrily, but suddenly the bottle was taken out from her hand.

Bertold opened it easily and gave it back to her.

Belinda was speechless. She thought that Horác did something with the bottle, but now it seems that she was too weak!

She spilled out the pill and drop it into her mouth.

„Ah, I’m not ready yet!” Horác cried out and ran to his place.

The pill really melted and Belinda closed her eyes. She realized they didn’t tell her what to do!

She panicked, then she felt as if she was flying, and it’s calmed her down. That feeling was so good, but she felt that something wasn’t right.

  It’s not flying, it’s floating! I can feel the water around me!

That feeling slowly disappeared, and she opened her eyes. She saw that Bertold’s right hand was on top of her head. Before she was able to say anything, He took back his hand and stood up.

„Congratulation!” Horác clapped. „Come here and let’s see what kind of roots you get.”

She walked to the table. There was the same grey stone that they used for the test.

„It’s water!” Horác looked at her.

„What?!”

„After the power awakening, everyone’s hair color will change.” he pointed at his hair. „It show what kind of spells are the most suitable for them. If your root only has a blue color, then you can use strong water spells. If it has another color, for example, brown, then you can learn soil type spells too, but their power will be reduced.” he waved at her. „Come on! It’s the same as the test.”

She walked to the table and let Horác test her root. The stone lighted with strong blue light.

„Good! It’s really just one color! Give me your card, so I can refresh your information.”

Belinda gave it to him and her head was empty. At the moment, she couldn’t remember any kind of water spells.

„You are a girl?!” Horác was surprised.

„… Do you have problems with girls?”

„Not at all.” he said then murmured. „Most of the time those smells hated by women…”

Belinda didn’t care about him, she just wanted to get back her card and ran some laps. She felt her body overflow with power.

„Right! Tomorrow morning come here again and join your classmates’ classes. You can skip training for a week to let your power stabilize, but if you feel too energetic you can go. If you have any questions, come and ask me! I know Bertold doesn’t like to speak.” he sent them out.

At the door, Belinda saw the excited kid turn into a frightened one. He was ready to run away.

„Oops, I forget to air…”

  So this is the reaction, what that smell can cause!

18